Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz 1000cc Vibration issue


ColomboRox
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

I have been facing a little issue with my car (Vitz 2008 1000cc mileage - 71000) since some time now, which is show some vibration all the time when the car drives slowly(maybe we cannot fell at some considerable speed.)  or at park mode or Neutral (lesser vibration) ,

Once I did engine calibration(as the person said) it solved up to certain extend but after some time I got this again..

 

Question 1 : why this can happen?

 

Can you guys guide me to solve this issue.? (technically and place –low cost J)

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you know what your idle RPM is after the engine is fully warmed up?  You can find it recorded in the last Eco test report even if you do not have a RPM meter (F grade). How is your cold start? Does the engine rev up first and then slowly settle down in a few minutes/kms. Does the engine rev up slightly when you switch on AC?  

Provided your engine mounts are good, idle RPM is within limits and idle rev up mechanism is working, what you need is a so called engine tune up (a misnomer for a clean up) to clean up the throttle body and PCV, inspect/replace injector washers, inspect/replace spark plugs and air cleaner, inspect if the idle RPM is close to 700 etc. The list of things may extend further to uneven fuel delivery due to one or more injectors acting upetc.. but you need to get the simple things done first. Any idea what exactly was done in the last "engine calibration"?

Edited by Rumesh88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Engine calibration" ,  sound like a good way to rip off vehicle owners.

If vibrations are less in N and P most of the time the issue should be with the engine mounts. You can visually inspect the mounts for any cracks or get help from a good grease monkey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a common issue with the Vitz. After a certain time the engine starts to vibrate in low revs. we were told it can't be repaired. I am not sure about this but the mechanic who Checked it said something about the car having Gel engine mounts that doesn't last as long as normal mounts. And evert single 1000cc Vitz I have come across have this low rpm vibrating issue.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Schiffer said:

This is a common issue with the Vitz. After a certain time the engine starts to vibrate in low revs. we were told it can't be repaired. I am not sure about this but the mechanic who Checked it said something about the car having Gel engine mounts that doesn't last as long as normal mounts. And evert single 1000cc Vitz I have come across have this low rpm vibrating issue.

Isn't that  a bit contradictory ? Wouldn't replacing the gel engine mounts be essentially fixing the vibration ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a bit of vibration in 1000cc KSP90 series even if the gel mount is OK. Several owners mentioned that it could go away temporarily after some sensor cleanup/tuneup. I think engine being a 3 cylinder is the cause as my 1300cc doesn't have this problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hrm said:

There is a bit of vibration in 1000cc KSP90 series even if the gel mount is OK. Several owners mentioned that it could go away temporarily after some sensor cleanup/tuneup. I think engine being a 3 cylinder is the cause as my 1300cc doesn't have this problem.

Yep same problem with my 2009 Vitz 1000CC and got same feed back from the garage guy and went away after tuneup.  I did check with several 1000CC 2007-2009 owners and apparently its a common issue. If the idle RPM is increased a little bit it does get sorted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Schiffer said:

This is a common issue with the Vitz. After a certain time the engine starts to vibrate in low revs. we were told it can't be repaired. I am not sure about this but the mechanic who Checked it said something about the car having Gel engine mounts that doesn't last as long as normal mounts. And evert single 1000cc Vitz I have come across have this low rpm vibrating issue.

Gel mounts can be replaced, there is a place in pachni which even refills gel mounts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Isn't that  a bit contradictory ? Wouldn't replacing the gel engine mounts be essentially fixing the vibration ?

When asked they said it's only temporary, after a few thousand miles it will start vibrating again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Schiffer said:

When asked they said it's only temporary, after a few thousand miles it will start vibrating again. 

strange....did a quick check on 1KR vibration issues..seems pretty common and apparently most of the time it goes away after a "tune up" of the engine which includes everything from swapping the spark plugs (to actual recommended iridium plugs), fuel filter, clean (at times change) sensors, etc....(I noticed that the Pakistanis seem to have gone to the extent of using high oc. fuel...perhaps that is the nly clean one they have ?) seems like the vibration comes way before you actually can feel it and by the time you feel it the gel mounts have already gone. Thus, that too would need to be replaced....

but needless to say it will return after some time once the parts wear out again...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2017 at 3:06 PM, Rumesh88 said:

Do you know what your idle RPM is after the engine is fully warmed up?  You can find it recorded in the last Eco test report even if you do not have a RPM meter (F grade). How is your cold start? Does the engine rev up first and then slowly settle down in a few minutes/kms. Does the engine rev up slightly when you switch on AC?  

Provided your engine mounts are good, idle RPM is within limits and idle rev up mechanism is working, what you need is a so called engine tune up (a misnomer for a clean up) to clean up the throttle body and PCV, inspect/replace injector washers, inspect/replace spark plugs and air cleaner, inspect if the idle RPM is close to 700 etc. The list of things may extend further to uneven fuel delivery due to one or more injectors acting upetc.. but you need to get the simple things done first. Any idea what exactly was done in the last "engine calibration"?

Thanks for the detail reply. No idea about what he did at the last engine calibration using that electronic unit which plug to my car under dashboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2017 at 5:13 PM, The Stig said:

"Engine calibration" ,  sound like a good way to rip off vehicle owners.

If vibrations are less in N and P most of the time the issue should be with the engine mounts. You can visually inspect the mounts for any cracks or get help from a good grease monkey. 

Thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you guys for clarifications, I can see now most of you have recommended me to go for a "engine tune up"

Please let me know what kind of cleanup would be necessary for get rid of this issue.(like replacing spark plugs to new iridium spark plugs etc..)

What do I need , specifically tell at the tune up for replace or check ?

Many Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ColomboRox said:

Thank you guys for clarifications, I can see now most of you have recommended me to go for a "engine tune up"

Please let me know what kind of cleanup would be necessary for get rid of this issue.(like replacing spark plugs to new iridium spark plugs etc..)

What do I need , specifically tell at the tune up for replace or check ?

Many Thanks!

I as stating what I read on other Yaris and 1KR engined car forums and I do not have any direct experience with the matter (the only Vitz I had was a 1.3L variant and didn't have any issues).

Do some research....(I just googled) you will see things that others have done, the figure out what you could actually do...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also have the same experience with my Vitz 2007 1000 CC with 74000+.

Had to do a "tune up" at D1m0 early last month as the vibration issue became unbearable when stopped in traffic. Actually, it did not increase gradually but came up all of a sudden within couple of weeks time, in my case.

Throttle body and injectors were cleaned, plugs were replaced and an engine/GB mount just under the battery was replaced. I was advised to replace the battery as well (as reported by a Bosch battery meter), which is just 1.5 years old. I have not done it yet as there are no other apparent problems with it so far.

The situation is really really better now compared to the past, but I must say the vibration is not zero. May be I have to live with it as it is something common to these 03 cylinder engines.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People have the tendency to replace engine mounts using aftermarket ones which may not be as durable as genuine ones. Especially for a gel mount which is bound to be expensive at the agent and other genuine part dealers. I wonder if this is the reason for the vibration to recur so soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2017 at 7:24 AM, iRage said:

strange....did a quick check on 1KR vibration issues..seems pretty common and apparently most of the time it goes away after a "tune up" of the engine which includes everything from swapping the spark plugs (to actual recommended iridium plugs), fuel filter, clean (at times change) sensors, etc....(I noticed that the Pakistanis seem to have gone to the extent of using high oc. fuel...perhaps that is the nly clean one they have ?) seems like the vibration comes way before you actually can feel it and by the time you feel it the gel mounts have already gone. Thus, that too would need to be replaced....

but needless to say it will return after some time once the parts wear out again...

We got a Tune up done but the vibration didnt go away, it was a bit less after the tune up but its still there. but next time we should try Iridium spark plugs,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I also had the same vibration issue. Vitz 2007, 1000cc, 75000km. I would like to know your ideas about below concerns.

1. Can fuel injector cleaner liquid give a solution to this matter instead of an engine tune up?

2. Should Vitz owners always use 95 Octane petrol instead of 92 Octane?

I feel this vibration is due to fuel injector clogging issue. I used to pump only 92 Octane. As you may know we can never believe petrol station owners as they sometimes mix kerosene oil with petrol (mostly to 92 Octane), so the dirt can block the supply.

I had a few more issued in the same time.

[Issue with Battery]

In a separate note, one week ago my car did not even start. I did a jump start, but later I realized battery is not charging itself as the car didn't start after a few hours ago. An electrician checked battery and he mentioned the battery is not charging. I had to replace the battery and the electrician said previous battery seemed over charged due to problems in the regulator of the alternator and therefore battery is gone. The electrician said he had to repair alternator too. Before this issue, a week ago "Check Engine" indicator also popped up for few seconds.

He also mentioned he did a spray to the air filter to reduce the vibration. I actually have no idea about what he mentioned about the spray. However, just after the repair we had a long trip and felt that the vibration was little, but not zero.

[Zero acceleration while driving while the engine runs]

However, during the trip acceleration stopped while driving. I tried to accelerate, but it didn't work. Car was just like floating without any power, but engine's still running. I put brake and stop the car, then engine also stopped itself. I started the car and drove a few miles, but the same issue occurred. I had to continue same restarting around 3 times.

On this issue, manufacturer's representative mentioned (over the phone) that might be a problem in the broken wires connected to fuel injectors as the Vitz 1000cc has the vibration issue, wires used to be broken frequently. Another technician mentioned it could be a block in petrol supply and try with acceleration in N and release slowly, so it will help to clean dirt, if any. I tried the same.

Yesterday I drove for around 250km, but neither Check Engine light nor loss of acceleration nor considerable vibration happened.

I feel doubt whether I should still meet a automobile engineer and check the car, since the problems mentioned above are currently not shown. I don't know whether the battery became dead has connection with the engine problem, but to have a good clarification I mentioned all problems I have. Apologies for the long descriptive story. :)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2017 at 10:32 AM, ColomboRox said:

Hi All,

 

 

 

I have been facing a little issue with my car (Vitz 2008 1000cc mileage - 71000) since some time now, which is show some vibration all the time when the car drives slowly(maybe we cannot fell at some considerable speed.)  or at park mode or Neutral (lesser vibration) ,

 

Once I did engine calibration(as the person said) it solved up to certain extend but after some time I got this again..

 

 

 

Question 1 : why this can happen?

 

 

 

Can you guys guide me to solve this issue.? (technically and place –low cost J)

 

 

 

Thanks

 

 

Vitz comes with the infamous 1KR engine which is a 3 cylinder type. 3 cylinders are notorious for their instability and the vibration is quite common issue in these engines. Similar example is the Kwid. The vibration will get bigger with the time and you should not worry about it IMHO unless of course you would feel excessive vibration out of  normal parameters. 

Edited by BuBi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2018 at 12:11 PM, ChathurangaW said:

I also had the same vibration issue. Vitz 2007, 1000cc, 75000km. I would like to know your ideas about below concerns.

1. Can fuel injector cleaner liquid give a solution to this matter instead of an engine tune up?

2. Should Vitz owners always use 95 Octane petrol instead of 92 Octane?

I feel this vibration is due to fuel injector clogging issue. I used to pump only 92 Octane. As you may know we can never believe petrol station owners as they sometimes mix kerosene oil with petrol (mostly to 92 Octane), so the dirt can block the supply.

I had a few more issued in the same time.

[Issue with Battery]

In a separate note, one week ago my car did not even start. I did a jump start, but later I realized battery is not charging itself as the car didn't start after a few hours ago. An electrician checked battery and he mentioned the battery is not charging. I had to replace the battery and the electrician said previous battery seemed over charged due to problems in the regulator of the alternator and therefore battery is gone. The electrician said he had to repair alternator too. Before this issue, a week ago "Check Engine" indicator also popped up for few seconds.

He also mentioned he did a spray to the air filter to reduce the vibration. I actually have no idea about what he mentioned about the spray. However, just after the repair we had a long trip and felt that the vibration was little, but not zero.

[Zero acceleration while driving while the engine runs]

However, during the trip acceleration stopped while driving. I tried to accelerate, but it didn't work. Car was just like floating without any power, but engine's still running. I put brake and stop the car, then engine also stopped itself. I started the car and drove a few miles, but the same issue occurred. I had to continue same restarting around 3 times.

On this issue, manufacturer's representative mentioned (over the phone) that might be a problem in the broken wires connected to fuel injectors as the Vitz 1000cc has the vibration issue, wires used to be broken frequently. Another technician mentioned it could be a block in petrol supply and try with acceleration in N and release slowly, so it will help to clean dirt, if any. I tried the same.

Yesterday I drove for around 250km, but neither Check Engine light nor loss of acceleration nor considerable vibration happened.

I feel doubt whether I should still meet a automobile engineer and check the car, since the problems mentioned above are currently not shown. I don't know whether the battery became dead has connection with the engine problem, but to have a good clarification I mentioned all problems I have. Apologies for the long descriptive story. :)!

Yesterday I went to a famous place in Pelawatta, Battaramulla to resolve my all problems I mentioned above.

[Vibration and Zero Acceleration Issue]

My car was scanned and recommended to do a engine tune up. Luckily all plugs were okay and he had to clean them only. During the engine tune up he blocked the petrol supply and connected Fuel Injector Cleaner to the engine and let the engine run only with it. I think all dirt was removed and injectors were cleaned. An electrician also checked the power supplies to the engine. All wires were also okay and nothing was to repair. After the engine tune up, the vibration is now considerably less, actually it's like just above zero.

[Battery Issue]

It seemed that battery issue had no any connection with the above engine trouble. Just replacement of the battery would have been enough. I heard that Exide batteries used to die suddenly. It also does not seem that there has been any fault in the alternator. As per the technician there is no at least a sign that the alternator has been touched by the previous electrician, even though previous person charged me a quite big money for repairing it. (I feel I got cheated. -_- Anyway it's not a good thing to do that kind of cheap things as professionals and also we should be more careful to select a reputed, skilled and experienced person to repair our vehicle.)

[Final advice received]

"Vibration for 3 cylinder cars are normal and cannot be repair it 100%. Not only Vitz 1000cc (actually it's 990cc), but there are lots of other 3 cylinder cars like Perodua Kelissa, Belta, etc with the same vibration issue. It's better changing to a 4 cylinder car as soon as possible" ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChathurangaW said:

 

[Final advice received]

"Vibration for 3 cylinder cars are normal and cannot be repair it 100%. Not only Vitz 1000cc (actually it's 990cc), but there are lots of other 3 cylinder cars like Perodua Kelissa, Belta, etc with the same vibration issue. It's better changing to a 4 cylinder car as soon as possible" ^_^

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ChathurangaW said:

Final advice received]

"Vibration for 3 cylinder cars are normal and cannot be repair it 100%. Not only Vitz 1000cc (actually it's 990cc), but there are lots of other 3 cylinder cars like Perodua Kelissa, Belta, etc with the same vibration issue. It's better changing to a 4 cylinder car as soon as possible" ^_^

Dont be that upset about the 3cylinder vibration issue. If its not that much of a discomfort why change the vehicle specifically for that while there are people wasting around 7million to buy 3 cylinder vehicles (honda civic). And also the new 3 series 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...