Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Honda Grace or Toyota Axio


JanakaAnu
 Share

Question

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

I've driven both in a same route.(there is a route i've chosen to test cars which includes stretches,hills and serious bends).As a driver,i prefer Grace over the Axio.Not as an owner.But the thing is both cars feel far away from the driver due to heavily packed electronics.For an example,if you travel at 40km/h in Grace and if you want to overtake,when you floor the accelerator it takes 2-3seconds to rev up and gain power.But when it comes alive has loads of torque and power,unlike the Axio.Handling wise Honda has a bit more steering feel while Axio hybrid is totally numb.IMO Axio is pretty dangerous on tight bends,where you need a bit of steering feedback to guess where the car is going.Grace has a bit of steering feel.But both cars don't have much body roll in coners compared to cars like Allions and Premios.I felt Grace is better.Fuel economy wise I think Axio is the best bet.Axio has a much more refined and comfier ride compared to the Grace.But both cars are almost the same,and the difference is hard to notice.Grace has lot of fancy options while Axio Hybrid got not much new options.So I think Grace wins in options and interior quality department.But the Axio's interior feels well put together,I mean a bit solid(yeah its plasticy??).Grace has extremely good legroom,but Axio has better seating positions for passengers.So it is upto you to decide.I shared my personal opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1

At the beginning of this year both of these cars more or less had a same price tag. 2016 models were going for 6.4 M ( Axio hybrid G and Grace EX)

Nowadays 2016 Axio Hybrid G is around 6.2M and Grace around 6M.

Axio WXB 2016 is around 6.5 M

When we consider the appearance (interior and exterior) Grace looks much better than the Axio. Even the Axio has gold colour fabric seats which could easily get dirty, Grace's half leather seats are much more appealing. Same with the dash board, air conditioning controls, display. Grace has A/C vents for rear passengers as well.

Grace has paddle shifts which makes it fun to drive over axio, also it handles better. 

Axio has features like Toyota Safety sense C which includes lane departure warning, automatic high beams, radar brakes. Grace has radar brake system but not sure about the other two though.

When we consider hybrid systems, Axio has hybrid Synergy Drive which is more fuel efficient over Honda's Integrated Motor Assist (IMA). You can search about these two systems and decide which is better for use in our conditions. Also Axio has CVT ( Continuous Variable Transmission) where as Grace has DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission). Search about these two also and decide.  Considering the complains and reviews on both these , it seems DCT is causing much more trouble than the other in our conditions (both road and climate)

Also axio has a better looking version as WXB, which has DRL, sports grill, half leather interior, smoked front and rear lamps, body kit :) and yet Grace looks better.

I'd say the heart wants to go with the Grace but the brains says to stick with the Axio. I'd probably go with the heart. :D

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
15 hours ago, Schiffer said:

Damn ive been searching for one of these for sometime a 2017 Fielder WxB but most of the cars i found here were G grade converts.

You know that Sri Lankans are pretty good at converting grades.F to G Superior,Normal to Gold Badge,TRJ 150 to KDJ 150,and now G to WXB ????

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Axio,

For one reason. A lot of Dual Clutch Honda cars in SL have gearbox Heating issues due to our Sri Lankan climates. which result in slow pulling power and quick wear-out of the clutches. A set of clutches is around 400K. Other than that i have heard no complains about the grace.

i have got the warning on a mates Honda Vezel driving in Rush hour traffic, the  message literally said: Transmission High Temperature, Please stop in a Safe Place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 hours ago, JanakaAnu said:

Can anyone please explain which car is to buy? Which has more durability, comfort and safety?

Patholada wetakoluda both are healthy and good for everything.

Axio might be safer bet when it comes to reliability and resale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
20 hours ago, Schiffer said:

Axio,

For one reason. A lot of Dual Clutch Honda cars in SL have gearbox Heating issues due to our Sri Lankan climates. which result in slow pulling power and quick wear-out of the clutches. A set of clutches is around 400K. Other than that i have heard no complains about the grace.

i have got the warning on a mates Honda Vezel driving in Rush hour traffic, the  message literally said: Transmission High Temperature, Please stop in a Safe Place.

I agree with you.Honda has a much more complicated hybrid system compared to toyota's hybrid synergy drive.Toyota's feel smooth and refined.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/9/2017 at 5:23 PM, DhoRK said:

I've driven both in a same route.(there is a route i've chosen to test cars which includes stretches,hills and serious bends).As a driver,i prefer Grace over the Axio.Not as an owner.But the thing is both cars feel far away from the driver due to heavily packed electronics.For an example,if you travel at 40km/h in Grace and if you want to overtake,when you floor the accelerator it takes 2-3seconds to rev up and gain power.But when it comes alive has loads of torque and power,unlike the Axio.Handling wise Honda has a bit more steering feel while Axio hybrid is totally numb.IMO Axio is pretty dangerous on tight bends,where you need a bit of steering feedback to guess where the car is going.Grace has a bit of steering feel.But both cars don't have much body roll in coners compared to cars like Allions and Premios.I felt Grace is better.Fuel economy wise I think Axio is the best bet.Axio has a much more refined and comfier ride compared to the Grace.But both cars are almost the same,and the difference is hard to notice.Grace has lot of fancy options while Axio Hybrid got not much new options.So I think Grace wins in options and interior quality department.But the Axio's interior feels well put together,I mean a bit solid(yeah its plasticy??).Grace has extremely good legroom,but Axio has better seating positions for passengers.So it is upto you to decide.I shared my personal opinions.

To drive honda's always feel better but, i have been a backseat passenger on both these cars on route to Nuwaraeliya and let me tell you the Axio is far more better for the rear passengers. The Grace felt like sitting in a roller-coaster that i wasnt feeling well after i got back down to Kandy. Different Drivers though, so it might be down to that too, but i found the rear ride on the Axio much more pleasing. To drive though. Grace is a bit better than the Axio. although they aren't miles apart. and i agree with you on the Axio's steering feedback, you have to know your car well to throw it hard into corners. For everyday use. i would go for the Axio, Would go for the WxB option if possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

When we consider hybrid systems, Axio has hybrid Synergy Drive which is more fuel efficient over Honda's Integrated Motor Assist (IMA).

Correction: Grace is not "IMA" thats previous gen. Grace has sport hybrid iDCD.

Grace is modern looking in and out!

Axio is booring but thats the wise choice!

Toyota has promised to change its design direction after the launch of C-HR.

Hopefully future Toyotas are not so boring. Same issue with Honda FIT and Aqua!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 hours ago, Schiffer said:

To drive honda's always feel better but, i have been a backseat passenger on both these cars on route to Nuwaraeliya and let me tell you the Axio is far more better for the rear passengers. The Grace felt like sitting in a roller-coaster that i wasnt feeling well after i got back down to Kandy. Different Drivers though, so it might be down to that too, but i found the rear ride on the Axio much more pleasing. To drive though. Grace is a bit better than the Axio. although they aren't miles apart. and i agree with you on the Axio's steering feedback, you have to know your car well to throw it hard into corners. For everyday use. i would go for the Axio, Would go for the WxB option if possible.

I also agree with you.For everyday usage,Axio will be the best bet.I got the chance to drive Axio 161 non-hybrid version 1500cc,and IMO so far the best in its category for ordinary usage.Good comfort,nice interior(cloth trim on the doors opposed to synthetic leather on the axio) and of course power.Handling is also better than the Axio 141 with less body roll.Steering has better feel than the hybrid version and turning of the traction control makes it a bit sharper.Also one can be found around 5mil.I wouldn't regret if I could get hands on one

Edited by DhoRK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, zeem35 said:

Correction: Grace is not "IMA" thats previous gen. Grace has sport hybrid iDCD.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had Honda Insight in my mind when I typed IMA. Yes, Honda Grace has sport hybrid i- Dual Clutch Drive system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

When I went to Toyota L**ka kurunegala for the tune, I saw an Axio WXB Fielder hybrid.It was parked next mine.The best looking wagon i've ever seen.Rear lights look like a 5 series.It was simply awesome looking.(this is the trd version,but the one i saw looked exactly the same)

IMG_2836.JPG

Edited by DhoRK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 minutes ago, DhoRK said:

When I went to Toyota L**ka kurunegala for the tune, I saw an Axio WXB Fielder hybrid.It was parked next mine.The best looking wagon i've ever seen.Rear lights look like a 5 series.It was simply awesome looking.(this is the trd version,but the one i saw looked exactly the same)

IMG_2836.JPG

Damn ive been searching for one of these for sometime a 2017 Fielder WxB but most of the cars i found here were G grade converts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/8/2017 at 8:27 PM, Schiffer said:

Axio,

For one reason. A lot of Dual Clutch Honda cars in SL have gearbox Heating issues due to our Sri Lankan climates. which result in slow pulling power and quick wear-out of the clutches. A set of clutches is around 400K. Other than that i have heard no complains about the grace.

i have got the warning on a mates Honda Vezel driving in Rush hour traffic, the  message literally said: Transmission High Temperature, Please stop in a Safe Place.

Honda Grace, Vezel and GP5 all use the same DCT transmission. But rarely hear about the DCT issues in these vehicles after 2014. After reading many posts in the FB Honda Grace Club it seems like DCT issue happens due to lack of proper maintenance of transmission oil. Do you have another opinion on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2017-5-21 at 0:04 PM, JanakaAnu said:

Honda Grace, Vezel and GP5 all use the same DCT transmission. But rarely hear about the DCT issues in these vehicles after 2014. After reading many posts in the FB Honda Grace Club it seems like DCT issue happens due to lack of proper maintenance of transmission oil. Do you have another opinion on this?

DCT issues are not only down to maintaince.

1. it's down to the heat, these vehicles are Japanese domestic models. There are build to work in a different moatly colder temperature, thats why they hardly ever use the DCT boxes for there export models. I've read about cases in Pakistan where they used to fix Fans underneath the gearbox to cool it down.

2. In any dual clutch transmission its adviced not to crawl in traffic. It's adviced to keep a gap between the vehicles and then move forward. Which is something you cannot do in Sri lanka with our threewheelers and bikes creeping in between the space. When you crawl in traffic it puts a lot of heat on the dry clutches which cause for early wear.

Anyways this could be a problem for kandy, since unlike Colombo it's always traffic any given time. Consult 'mechanics' in your area and find out and the cost of replacing clutches if they wear out. And whether it is a common issue. In kandy though I have come across many (mostly vezels) with DCT and electronic handbrake issues. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 21/05/2017 at 0:04 PM, JanakaAnu said:

Honda Grace, Vezel and GP5 all use the same DCT transmission. But rarely hear about the DCT issues in these vehicles after 2014. After reading many posts in the FB Honda Grace Club it seems like DCT issue happens due to lack of proper maintenance of transmission oil. Do you have another opinion on this?

That is because they are too recent to have done high milage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...