• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2018

anuNTZ

On 9/23/2024 at 1:10 PM, misnad said:

Got the insurance claim shifted to Mag C#ty Nugegoda as they have the parts. Estimate is roughly 100k and he too said the entire assembly should be changed, but they’ll see if the rubber bushes are available in stock too so they can just fix the lens. Awaiting insurance approval now. Let’s see how this goes. 

Done! I now have my baby back with a fully functioning side mirror. Insurance inspected it and asked them to find a lens and bracket, which they finally did. So they didn’t need to replace the full mirror assembly, thank heavens. I have a feeling it might even be my own stolen mirror they bought back.

Btw M*g C**y has a 3D wheel alignment device too that caught my eye; didn’t see it at the agent though and it looks like they’re using the older laser guidance method. Got them to inspect my shocks and it looks like mine are wearing out fast for some reason. Going to visit Lanka S***k A******r in Moratuwa to get that checked out/ refurbished if needed.

1 hour ago, misnad said:

The compressor isn’t inside the dashboard and doesn’t need it removed. It’s only the evaporator that’s around that area just inside the firewall. I got my compressor repaired by a known technician and that saved me a very expensive replacement. Switched it to R134a entirely and it’s running fine. Only had a leaky condenser after that. More than the compressor, it sounds like there’s a leak somewhere along the lines that’s causing the refrigerant to empty out. It’s pretty nasty if you’re smelling it in the cabin and I suggest you get it fixed ASAP. Still, they’ll need to use a dye to figure out where the leak is occurring. If it’s beyond the firewall and near the engine bay, you’re lucky as that can be done up without removing the dashboard. Shall message you my contact. If it requires a dashboard removal though, I suggest going to the agent.

Thank you.

Today sent the car for service and came with the advise to replace the rear brakepads ASAP, at agents, it cost 84k now. Thinking of replacing with the aftermarket one..Any suggestions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinyman said:

Thank you.

Today sent the car for service and came with the advise to replace the rear brakepads ASAP, at agents, it cost 84k now. Thinking of replacing with the aftermarket one..Any suggestions.

Please go with aftermarket ones. I’ll be doing the same when it’s time for my replacement again. Look for the brand called “Akebono” as they are the OEM manufacturer for Honda brake pads.

• 2 weeks later...

So am back in the land of the guns, 

uncle has a 2022 Honda Pilot that he managed to smash a mirror recently. The dealer wanted over $750 to replace.

Found a used one that was the same colour even for 250. Went DIY and it's looking mint. Honda Parts are expensive globally for some weird reason. A Merc mirror replacement cost the same.

Is it because Honda is trying to be a "premium" brand?