• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

iRage

14 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Wtf is that 

If you remember Grand Tour did this program in China and Jeremy drove a big Chinese car called the Hongqi, this is the H9 something newer. They have a big SUV that shares designs from the Range Rover, the X7 and the Rolls Royce Cullinan.

Talk about copying, why stop copying just one when you can get all the best out of every competitor and do something. Except of course the engines and gearboxes.

4 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Borgward is here! 

Looks ok, but nothing to be hyped about.

Price tag is also whopping. Thats BMW X1/X2 money.

I think Senok has the agency. Saw few pics on their page in FB.

98725972-ECEC-4126-ADE3-920442D542E9.jpeg

I think they were trying to assemble (or already got approval) in Sri Lanka. Just another Chinese brand with an European name. For me most of the Chinese vehicle share the same design features if you take the MG, Borgward etc.

Wonder how long it will take for Geely to take over Mercedes & Volvo fully by starting complete manufacturing on their own.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

I think they were trying to assemble (or already got approval) in Sri Lanka. Just another Chinese brand with an European name. For me most of the Chinese vehicle share the same design features if you take the MG, Borgward etc.

Wonder how long it will take for Geely to take over Mercedes & Volvo fully by starting complete manufacturing on their own.

Sad truth right there. It does look like the MG HS on the inside. 

The Chinese car market is taking over it seems. I would say they need less than 10 years.

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

The assembly plant is already being constructed isn't it ?

6 hours ago, Gummybr said:

If you remember Grand Tour did this program in China and Jeremy drove a big Chinese car called the Hongqi, this is the H9 something newer. They have a big SUV that shares designs from the Range Rover, the X7 and the Rolls Royce Cullinan.

Talk about copying, why stop copying just one when you can get all the best out of every competitor and do something. Except of course the engines and gearboxes.

Yes I remember the Hongqi. The ostentatious interior and all. And I agree with all that you said. Coupled all that plus points along with cheap labour. Although that big Hongqi wasn't cheap. 

But by "wtf is that".. I meant "my God what is that thing doing with that big mouth". Genuinely shocked haha. 

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

The plant was already up, its just that they didnt have anything to manufacture when the Manufacturer pulled out of the market.

Yes...but I thought Bogwart was machining and stuff....thought I saw some article about it soon after the Presidential elections...of course the story was not about the factory itself but R bloating about how the GR regime is going to reap benefits and look good from MY3/RW projects....plus there as some long BS about the VW pulling out and the then government having the fore-sight to urge the local rep to seek other manufacturers who have a better standing. 

48 years and 8 generations later....VW announces that it will kill off the Passat sedan in lieu for a SUV.

The axing is targeted for the US and Europe ! Yes Europe !!!! Even in its home country ! The Passat has been the best selling mid sized sedan in Europe for like ever and even this year has sold up to 90,000 units or something up to October. But still it gets axed ! 

The touring wagon apparently will continue to be there till about 2023/2024 (because of its popularity as a fleet vehicle) and the Skoda variants are supposed to live on. But yes....another iconic sedan gets the axe.

european-vw-passat-sedan-reportedly-axed-sources-say-only-wagon-will-survive-152240_1.jpgeuropean-vw-passat-sedan-reportedly-axed-sources-say-only-wagon-will-survive_1.jpg 

On 11/27/2020 at 6:06 AM, Magnum said:

Euro car news.... 

image.png.e5bd38713353da199700e27825b0447d.png

For the JDM aficionado it seems boring but Europe does come out with some of the wildest cars. 

So to justify that have a look at that VW Troc R which destroys the Porsche and the AMG (tuned by AMG to be exact). Giant killing? Sadly the JDM crowd fell on the way side when the Forester Turbo's X Trail GT's and all didn't continue with what they did.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dont know if this is EU related or Asian, but I like this as a concept. Bare bones SUV, hope it has the off road capabilities of the old Lada Niva (Lada and Dacia are together on this)

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/concept/welcome-dacia-bigster-concept

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-dacia-bigster-large-suv-–-what-we-know-so-far/n22547

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Dont know if this is EU related or Asian, but I like this as a concept. Bare bones SUV, hope it has the off road capabilities of the old Lada Niva (Lada and Dacia are together on this)

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/concept/welcome-dacia-bigster-concept

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-dacia-bigster-large-suv-–-what-we-know-so-far/n22547

Wow !

James May Dacia jokes aside...that does look mean 😮 

1 minute ago, iRage said:

Wow !

If it can do the work that the old Lada Niva's do, then we got a winner on our hands, it will have the looks and the capability to back it.

Hope we can get a 800cc Turbo of this in Sri Lanka (to get away from the high engine capacity taxes).🤪

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Wow !

That's the first thing that came to mind too.- What a cool looking suv.

Been excited about the Grenadier, but I doubt I will be able to afford something like that though. However a barebones 4x4 that looks as good as this one? Wow sounds awesome! Going to be interesting to watch how this does...

Edited by Kavvz

• 1 month later...

That 190 though ❤️❤️❤️ 

Looks pretty mean and the front looks more balanced than the pevious one (not to mention the headlights look nicer)...the tail lights look like  AR Giulia doesn't it  :P ? Like exactly like it....

I am finding the large center screen a little bit too techy and taking away the MB vintage elegance 😕 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

At least LR has the b***s to keep a V8 around (sadly one of the last few we will ever see I suppose).  They showed a speaker as the engine was being throaty. Is the engine/exhaust tone piped in to the cabin ?

43 minutes ago, iRage said:

They showed a speaker as the engine was being throaty. Is the engine/exhaust tone piped in to the cabin ?

Yeah, I noticed that too- Strange that they would be so obvious about it! I guess we'll have to wait till the car reviewers get ahold of it to find out for sure, as there is no real mention of it in print media...

That V8 did sound lovely though! 

Edit: These guys are guessing it will be piped in too

Edited by Kavvz

56 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Yeah, I noticed that too- Strange that they would be so obvious about it!

:) Well...it is all about the context isn't it ? Pipe in engine noise and keep the outside quiet in a Land Rover could translate to "not scare off the wild life from a mile away" (this was an actual comment made by a couple of safari operators in Tanzania regarding theit diesel Land Cruisers...they were wishing it was quiet like a Hybrid).

I don't mind piped sound...as for it being completely fake...well...I would rather not. 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:54 PM, MrCat said:

C Class digital premiere ...

Whats interesting about this is that with our local tax structure we could bring in an AMG with the 2.0l hybrid petrol engine for a good price. And it will be much more powerful than the outgoing model.

On 2/24/2021 at 6:51 AM, iRage said:

That 190 though ❤️❤️❤️ 

Looks pretty mean and the front looks more balanced than the pevious one (not to mention the headlights look nicer)...the tail lights look like  AR Giulia doesn't it  :P ? Like exactly like it....

I am finding the large center screen a little bit too techy and taking away the MB vintage elegance 😕 

Tail lights are more like the A Class / CLA / CLS type.

And on taking the vintage elegance you are correct, but then again this will appeal to the younger generation which is their target group. On the S, well its a different story.

• Like 1