• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki SX4 (Japan)

Chinthaka89

Question

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

I believe the Corolla 141 also came as Jap and Malay/Indonesian called the Corolla Altis

The export variant Corolla (141...) was manufacturered in Japan and Thailand initially and then Japanese production was moved out to countries like India, Pakistan, etc...Japan retained manufacturing a little bit longer after that for a few markets like Australia/New Zealand, etc...

The Altis designatin for the export model Corolla was used in certain South East Asian Markets and was reserved for the high capacity variants at first. Subsequently, in some markets the Altis designation was used for higher spec grades of all engine variants.

The SX4 is an Ok car - a friend had one and I used to be a regular traveler in it. It's spacious has good ground clearance and has very good visibility. Most of these cars were b/new imports bought on permits. Has the usual ruggedness and reliability of Japanese cars of that era. Slightly thirsty - as per my friend does around 8-9 KMPL. Not the most popular car among masses so you actually have a good chance of finding one that has not changed hands a lot or hacked and molested. Since it's a 10 year old car do keep a slight margin for potential repairs due to worn out components. 

• Like 1

Hello Chinthaka89,

I will add little to the SX4 model, you will get them as 4 door sedan and a 5 door hatch. 

The Hatch version is famous between senior citizens and ladies due to good visibility, good turning circle, easy in and out from front seats and later models from 08 came with side-impact airbags.

You will get them with 4 speed auto, 5 speed manual or later fitted with CVT box. some of them fitted with an on-demand 4WD wheel drive system which is great. I have seen them with 1.5 and 2.0 petrol engines. I have hardly seen any issue with Suzuki engines but please stay away from early model CVT's.

They are great cars, I am sure you should be able to hunt for a one way cheaper than 141 Corolla.

regards,

JC.

• Like 1