• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

මොවුන්ගෙන් Shock Absorbers මිළදී ගැනීමේදී ප්‍රවේසම් වන්න

udayasl

මේ තියෙන්නෙ මට උන සිද්දිය. 2019 දෙසැම්බර් 28 Taas Agencies (Pvt) Ltd. එකෙන් වාහනේට shock absorbers 4 දැම්මා (KYB shock absorbers ලංකාවට ගෙන්වන්නේ මේ සමාගමෙන්).

වාහනේ මොඩ්ල් එකයි අවුරුද්දයි කිව්වම මට බඩු දුන්න, invoice එකේ වෙන model එකක් තියෙන්නෙ මොකද ඇහුවම, ඒකම තමයි insight එකට එන්නෙ කිව්වා, එතනම තැනකින් දාලම දෙන්නම් කියල මට shocks මාරු කරල දුන්න.

මම ගොඩක් වෙලාවට තනියම වාහනේ යන්නෙ, ඉතාමත් හදිස්සියෙන් පිටිපස්සෙ දෙන්නෙක් යන්නෙ.

ලඟදි පිටිපස්සෙ දෙන්නෙක් එක්ක යද්දි පොඩි බම්ප් එකක් උනත් ටයර් එක ඇතුල් පැත්තෙ ගෑවෙන සද්දයක් එන්න ගත්ත.

නිකමට සැක හිතිල invoice එකේ තියෙන KYB part numbers, KYB online catalogue එකෙන් check කලාම වෙන model එකකට එන parts මට දීල තියෙන්නෙ, ඒවයි දිග වෙනස්.

පහත තියෙනවා සම්පූර්ණ විස්තරේ, මම මේක ඉහත company එකට Email කරා, දවස් 05ක් යනකල් සද්දයක් නැහැ, අද call කරල කිව්වම mail එක ආවේ නෑ කිව්වා, පස්සෙ මම ආයෙත් පරණ mail එක forward කරා call එකේ ඉන්න ගමන්, ඒ පාර ලැබුන කිව්වා, උන් ඒක බලල විනාඩි 10කින් call කරල කිව්ව අපි insight එකට ගෙන්නන්නෙ මේක තමයි, හරි එක ගෙන්නන්න ගියොත් සෑහෙන්න ගානක් යනවා, සර්ගෙ ටයර් සයිස් ලොකු ඇති ඇතුලේ වදින්නෙ කිව්ව.

මම කිව්වා KYB catalogue එකේ පැහැදිලිව තියෙනවා, එතකොට ඒක බොරුද කියල.. ඒකෙ එහෙම තිබුනට අපේ බොස් ගෙන්නන්නෙ මේක කිව්වා.

ඔතනින් බඩු ගන්නවානම් shock absorber එකේ කොටලා තියෙන part numbers බලල online catalogue එකේ check කරල ගන්න.
මලාට වැරැද්ද පිලිගන්නේවත්, නැවත හරි එක දෙන්නේවත් නැහැ.

incorrect-shock-absorbers.jpg

Edited by udayasl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dear Udayasl

Thanks for sharing information on your bad experience. This will save a number of people in the future from incidents like this. Since you are a knowledgeable person, you could check the catalog and find the correct part number. But unfortunately, most of the people in SL (even mechanics working in garages) will not be capable of doing this. 

I have never purchased anything from this company. But I have heard that, if we want to buy an OEM shock, this is the place. However, the actual story is different. 

Thank you once again, for saving other people including us.

Members,

This is the first time that M/s, TASS had given wrong according to my knowledge.

That Establishment was established by two friends, do not know they are still there. They had a good reputation in the past years. I pass that way at least two times a week, must drop in there and find out for the reason they give wrong shocks. One partner is well known to me.

Will find out what had happened.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sylvi said:

Members,

This is the first time that M/s, TASS had given wrong according to my knowledge.

That Establishment was established by two friends, do not know they are still there. They had a good reputation in the past years. I pass that way at least two times a week, must drop in there and find out for the reason they give wrong shocks. One partner is well known to me.

Will find out what had happened.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

Agree with Mr. Sylvi even I have been dealing with them may be for over 30 years now never had any bad experience.

I'm not trying to trying to justify giving the wrong part.

Sometimes when they do not have the exact part they tend to provide a compatible unit. However they advice your to bring the old part to ensure that it measures right.

In hindsight knowing the part may be different, either you or the mechanic should have compared the with the old part before fixing it. 

Similar thing happened to me, I bought 4 KYB shocks to my 2008 Corolla 141 from Nama**tne motors. They get the shocks from T**s as well, the first set that was given to me was not fitting well and my mechanic checked and informed me to check with them again. Then they provided me with the correct part. Better to check with your mechanics in this situation. I think your mechanic should have advised you not to put them in your vehicle at all.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:55 PM, walkernet said:

Similar thing happened to me, I bought 4 KYB shocks to my 2008 Corolla 141 from Nama**tne motors. They get the shocks from T**s as well, the first set that was given to me was not fitting well and my mechanic checked and informed me to check with them again. Then they provided me with the correct part. Better to check with your mechanics in this situation. I think your mechanic should have advised you not to put them in your vehicle at all.

Actually the last set of shocks I got from T**S were for my parents 141 Corolla they were perfect fit. Bought over the counter with only vehicle model and year.

• Like 1

I too have used T**S for shcoks for my Mark X and the Trueno (before the resto). They had the exact part (I expected the trueno one to be of a generic type, which it was, but I was surprised they had anything that was specific for the Mark X, X-chassis vehicles).

At times they only do have compatible models out of practicality. For example the pre-facelift and facelift 140 series Axios have slightly different dampers, but they are interchangeable. So T**S only brings one type. Same with cars like the good old Corona/Carina. 

Having said that, I won't be surprised if every now and then they do make mistakes either because of low/unavailable stock or new staff or even slight oversights. Mistakes happen, what is important is how they take care of you after the mistake has happened and how they proceed to fix the issue.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:22 PM, udayasl said:

මේ තියෙන්නෙ මට උන සිද්දිය. 2019 දෙසැම්බර් 28 Taas Agencies (Pvt) Ltd. එකෙන් වාහනේට shock absorbers 4 දැම්මා (KYB shock absorbers ලංකාවට ගෙන්වන්නේ මේ සමාගමෙන්).

වාහනේ මොඩ්ල් එකයි අවුරුද්දයි කිව්වම මට බඩු දුන්න, invoice එකේ වෙන model එකක් තියෙන්නෙ මොකද ඇහුවම, ඒකම තමයි insight එකට එන්නෙ කිව්වා, එතනම තැනකින් දාලම දෙන්නම් කියල මට shocks මාරු කරල දුන්න.

මම ගොඩක් වෙලාවට තනියම වාහනේ යන්නෙ, ඉතාමත් හදිස්සියෙන් පිටිපස්සෙ දෙන්නෙක් යන්නෙ.

ලඟදි පිටිපස්සෙ දෙන්නෙක් එක්ක යද්දි පොඩි බම්ප් එකක් උනත් ටයර් එක ඇතුල් පැත්තෙ ගෑවෙන සද්දයක් එන්න ගත්ත.

නිකමට සැක හිතිල invoice එකේ තියෙන KYB part numbers, KYB online catalogue එකෙන් check කලාම වෙන model එකකට එන parts මට දීල තියෙන්නෙ, ඒවයි දිග වෙනස්.

පහත තියෙනවා සම්පූර්ණ විස්තරේ, මම මේක ඉහත company එකට Email කරා, දවස් 05ක් යනකල් සද්දයක් නැහැ, අද call කරල කිව්වම mail එක ආවේ නෑ කිව්වා, පස්සෙ මම ආයෙත් පරණ mail එක forward කරා call එකේ ඉන්න ගමන්, ඒ පාර ලැබුන කිව්වා, උන් ඒක බලල විනාඩි 10කින් call කරල කිව්ව අපි insight එකට ගෙන්නන්නෙ මේක තමයි, හරි එක ගෙන්නන්න ගියොත් සෑහෙන්න ගානක් යනවා, සර්ගෙ ටයර් සයිස් ලොකු ඇති ඇතුලේ වදින්නෙ කිව්ව.

මම කිව්වා KYB catalogue එකේ පැහැදිලිව තියෙනවා, එතකොට ඒක බොරුද කියල.. ඒකෙ එහෙම තිබුනට අපේ බොස් ගෙන්නන්නෙ මේක කිව්වා.

ඔතනින් බඩු ගන්නවානම් shock absorber එකේ කොටලා තියෙන part numbers බලල online catalogue එකේ check කරල ගන්න.
මලාට වැරැද්ද පිලිගන්නේවත්, නැවත හරි එක දෙන්නේවත් නැහැ.

incorrect-shock-absorbers.jpg

Just to clarify something. So your car is an insight and they gave you shocks of GP1 FIT? Just curious because I also own a GP1 and I might face the same issue someday.

Members,

I apologize for long delay in reply, mainly my driver was not there. I do not drive due to my old age of 78 years.

I found out from them they informed me that they get down one model which will fit for many vehicles, a very close range. We will have to check before the length S/A will expand and compress with the sample, if not we cannot blame them after we buy them. One more thing if the car has leaf springs after many more years they can very the Hight of the car, then it is possible that the car tire will touch the body when you over a big pump. Coil springs also have this problem after 10 years of use.

I have had this trouble with many vehicles which I have used from 1960 early. If they are leaf springs I  give the entire two bundles to a Blacksmith and get them redo to original Hight. I f they are coil springs I use hard rubber cushions to increase the Hight.

This was manly done for old vehicles of 1970 pre era, not for the new vehicles. Every town during those days there were Blacksmiths, today you cannot find any of them in big towns.

What I wrote was my method of adjusting that problem, That was good for older vehicles. Modern day vehicles are made to travel at very high speeds, if the Hight changes the balance of vehicles can change when you drive at high speeds, this changing of Hight has to be done according to manufactures specs, if not when you drive at high speeds that can effect of your stability of the vehicle.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.