• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

"TUNAP" is correct. It is a (German?)Trade Name.

However in the same board there is another word called TUNUP which looks like a spelling mistake.

Since Mr. Alawatte is well conversant in English, I wonder whether he has delibarately done that to reduce the size of the sign board. :unsure:

Or is it a mistake made by the person who did the signboard???

Mea Culpa on the TUNAP.. :(

Dude did u check. That could be a mermaid in a hurry.

that's gotta be one big ass fish!!!! wonder why they didn't just chop the tail off before transporting cos it's not like anybody eat that damn thing :)

Looky at what I spotted last week :lol:

Flight CRV....youre cleared for take off on runway 1 :D

img00007t.th.jpg

oh dear lord! some folks have absolutely crappy taste eh.... this is like an insult to somewhat decent "ricers" :lol:

Dude did u check. That could be a mermaid in a hurry.

LMFAO :lol:

oh dear lord! some folks have absolutely crappy taste eh.... this is like an insult to somewhat decent "ricers" :lol:

as one of 'em decent ricers,i do hate that spoiler...but still there is this "EvilDon" inside o' me nodding it's head in approval :D

• 2 weeks later...
3112_1068982376152_1573873090_30263484_5

In this car's defence, it's a Works Alto and comes like this from the factory, minus the silly stickers on the bumper and rear window. Also minus the "takaran" exhaust.

3856107001_e8b06fa935_o.jpg

Edited by terrabytetango

• 2 weeks later...

Long lost Isuzu UBS69 prototype turns up on the Baseline, probably forgotten by the slant eyed types from the land of the rising sun during climate testing. I apologise for the crappy pictures, my mobile's primary function is not taking pictures :(. It's apparently got a 3.2 litre V6, according to the decal I've squared. Probably turbocharged as well. Too bad they stuck with the 3.1 4 pot instead, which is not a bad engine at all, if a little noisy. I believe this particular vehicle was registered in the early 80s, probably '82 or '83. It's amazing how Isuzu designed and tested a vehicle nearly 10 years before official release.

3906353963_75484277b3_o.jpg

3906359917_13b88e6ac0_o.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by terrabytetango

Long lost Isuzu UBS69 prototype turns up on the Baseline, probably forgotten by the slant eyed types from the land of the rising sun during climate testing. I apologise for the crappy pictures, my mobile's primary function is not taking pictures :(. It's apparently got a 3.2 litre V6, according to the decal I've squared. Probably turbocharged as well. Too bad they stuck with the 3.1 4 pot instead, which is not a bad engine at all, if a little noisy. I believe this particular vehicle was registered in the early 80s, probably '82 or '83. It's amazing how Isuzu designed and tested a vehicle nearly 10 years before official release.

3906353963_75484277b3_o.jpg

3906359917_13b88e6ac0_o.jpg

Weren't there some BIGHORNs with suspension designed by LOTUS..?

Long lost Isuzu UBS69 prototype turns up on the Baseline, probably forgotten by the slant eyed types from the land of the rising sun during climate testing. I apologise for the crappy pictures, my mobile's primary function is not taking pictures :( . It's apparently got a 3.2 litre V6, according to the decal I've squared. Probably turbocharged as well. Too bad they stuck with the 3.1 4 pot instead, which is not a bad engine at all, if a little noisy. I believe this particular vehicle was registered in the early 80s, probably '82 or '83. It's amazing how Isuzu designed and tested a vehicle nearly 10 years before official release.

You seem to have a good sense of humour. :)

This type of vehicles are quite common sight these days.

Most of them are ex-Sri Lanka Police Toyota Land Cruisers (Some even bearing PRADO decals) and Nissan Patrols fitted with new body shells.

However I can't remember whether the Police Dept. used to have Early 32 Sri Isuzu Troopers.

I guess the owner might have swapped the body of his old Isuzu Trooper with that of a newer model.

Edited by samishka

Weren't there some BIGHORNs with suspension designed by LOTUS..?

Yeah, those particular models had some unique trim options, namely cross lace type gold wheels, a rather goofy 3 spoke steering wheel with a Lotus emblem on it, and electronic climate control, although I'm not sure if the climate control was limited to just the Lotus edition or to the pre facelift UBS69, because none of the face lift models I have seen have had the LCD for the climate control. Also, the spare wheel cover has a decal stating "Handling by Lotus", with the Lotus logo. This was during the time when Isuzu (GM) and Lotus (owned by GM at the time), were working together, the results being the Opel/Vauxhall Carltons, the Isuzu Piazzas, also with Lotus suspension tuning (and also Irmscher, which was also an available option for the UBS69 albeit for 2 door models AFAIK, and they're pretty rare), and finally the Lotus Elan powered by a 1.6 Turbo Isuzu engine putting out an impressive 160hp. On a slightly off topic note, it was at the same time GM asked Lotus develop a proper DOHC 32 valve engine for their (original) Corvette ZR-1, which IMO was the only time the corvette had an engine that wasn't a revamp of a design dating back to the 60s. The ZR-1 pushed out the same power as the first Z06, only it did it 9 years prior.

So there's a little Isuzu/GM/Lotus trivia for you :)

You seem to have a good sense of humour. :)

This type of vehicles are quite common sight these days.

Most of them are ex-Sri Lanka Police Toyota Land Cruisers (Some even bearing PRADO decals) and Nissan Patrols fitted with new body shells.

However I can't remember whether the Police Dept. used to have Early 32 Sri Isuzu Troopers.

I guess the owner might have swapped the body of his old Isuzu Trooper with that of a newer model.

They did, but they were of the 2 door LWB variety, so I have no idea how the fellow managed to fit a longer body on to a shorter chassis. I was under the impression they've done some under handed dealings with the RMV, because once in Matara I came across a 31 sri Landcruiser 80, grey and lifted. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to snap any photos of it :(

I dunno if its real, I got it in the mail when my boss sent it to me. I aint about to call and see. But man, it made me lol at work :lol:

hitadautofocus.jpg

I highly doubt its real. "Good to attracting the badu"? I mean.... C'mon!

heh heh classic prank, some poor guy with the phone num :D