• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags This Saturday?

Andrew_GTR

I saw jami challenging Vvtis Alfa, so that too should count. Alfa is no better than mini, when compared the power to weight ratio. Vvti will surely have a tough time

And peri don't commit bad karma saying no to this photo shoot as this gonna be THE event after many years of silence. Seems you've forgotten all kolamba lamissis who usually gather for drags. Anyways, ripper, you got one more responsibility than just driving the booty ride around. Get the night shoot filters ready.

haha, no photoworks for him! My mom insists I let my sister take the car to the wedding. So its 4x4 for me! Ripper I challenge your ford! what do you say?

And peri don't commit bad karma saying no to this photo shoot as this gonna be THE event after many years of silence. Seems you've forgotten all kolamba lamissis who usually gather for drags. Anyways, ripper, you got one more responsibility than just driving the booty ride around. Get the night shoot filters ready.

Well, if Ripper can promise the Kolamba Lamissis, I'm in. Tho I'm strictly using a J44, no racing for me :)

We've been meaning to so this should prove the ideal opportunity... The Alfa puts out roughly 210BHP and weighs give or take 1500KG

Mine originally had 150 and the upgrades should take it to around 215-220 or thereabouts (haven't dynoed) and it weighs about 1400Kg

Should be close (although my brakes are better, eh vvti? :) )

Ahaa, should be a walk in the park for you with these figures. :D

God knows how many horses have escaped from that Alfa motor over the years eh VVTi ?? :D

Damn, wish i was there to hang around for the event..!

Me also coming, with my cam and my ride and my girlfriend .. who's also my ride :jumping-smiley-013:

Can't wait to catch drag action after a long while. :rolleyes:

You ride your girlfriend? Not sure you should be mentioning that, we try to be somewhat family friendly. What you do behind closed doors is your business.

Ahaa, should be a walk in the park for you with these figures. :D

God knows how many horses have escaped from that Alfa motor over the years eh VVTi ?? :D

Damn, wish i was there to hang around for the event..!

Well, since I bought her, I haven't done much on the engine. Against another car, I am not sue how it will perform. Just have to wait an see. But might lose some extra weight over the next few days. Pull out the spare and the seats, (seats needs a clean anyway, and they are heavy since they are powered and leather.

Supra's car after the mods have a better P:W number, but as they say, there is no replacement for displacement.

If ther car is not ready I will switch to the BMW and use that instead.

Finally a proper drag minus many of the Jap Rice Wagons with neon lights!!!!

Alfas, VWs, Minis, Ford Mondeos, BMWs! Wow!

Edited by VVTi

Well, since I bought her, I haven't done much on the engine. Against another car, I am not sue how it will perform. Just have to wait an see. But might lose some extra weight over the next few days. Pull out the spare and the seats, (seats needs a clean anyway, and they are heavy since they are powered and leather.

Supra's car after the mods have a better P:W number, but as they say, there is no replacement for displacement.

If ther car is not ready I will switch to the BMW and use that instead.

Finally a proper drag minus many of the Jap Rice Wagons with neon lights!!!!

Alfas, VWs, Minis, Ford Mondeos, BMWs! Wow!

Oy! using the BMW is not fair, that has a Manual box and a bloomin' short shift kit as well!

Bring the Alfa..

And you're right, it IS shaping up to be one hell of an event!

Edited by Supra_Natural

Ok guys. I just spoke to an uncle who is a senior police officer in the area. He said they will try to look the other way on the 20th but requested us to try an avoid drinking and driving. So as long as we don't have people getting drunk and drag racing we should be fine. Looks like this is going to be an epic drag race. So those of you who are serious about racing on the 20th please pm watchman or me. The event is free BTW. We may have some sponsors from the underground modification scene in colombo too!!!

Me also coming, with my cam and my ride and my girlfriend .. who's also my ride :jumping-smiley-013:

Can't wait to catch drag action after a long while. :rolleyes:

Machang you're only coming to watch? Dont you wanna feel the thrill of a underground drag?

And like JD's uncle says we might have cop-business, but remember everyone drag at their own risk.

OK we have our first confirmed events.

Event 1 : MasterDon Vs. Cyrax

MD-Junda Del Sol D15B 1.5 Vtec SOHC with limited slip clutch and brake pedals..

Cyrax :???

Even 2 : VVTi Vs. Supra NAtural

VVti :Alfa 164 3.0 V6 Stock with tow bar.

Supra : VW Passat 1.8T Tiptronic with MTM chip and upgraded Turbo

:lol: Dude you've already confirmed it.I might not be able to show up,got my exams comming up so will have a problem in getting the car keys in the midnight

wow nice... now a cop who is reading this will never find out... sha mara idea

machang cops are stupid. They dont know about automotive forums. Ours is a good plan and we have all the security measures ready. Of course the roxy security has been advised on what to do if cops show up. And our members will keep this secret.

Forget the cops. Watch out for idiot journalists who might hear about it, feel like getting a scoop of things and eventually publish a comprehensive set of misinformation to try and teach some righteousness from their point of view. Remember the Hikka Beach Fest stories that spread across pages and pages of newspapers?

Edited by Crosswind

:lol: Dude you've already confirmed it.I might not be able to show up,got my exams comming up so will have a problem in getting the car keys in the midnight

WTF?!...you back padling now noob?!...too late...you and watchman challenged me. so its gonna go down...so get your daddy's shit box car and be there...OR else everyone will know who the real cardboard hero is.

WTF?!...you back padling now noob?!...too late...you and watchman challenged me. so its gonna go down...so get your daddy's shit box car and be there...OR else everyone will know who the real cardboard hero is.

You really are trying to piss me off ain't you.Sorry md I'll not be able to make it.

And hope to see the drag scene on a weekly routine.And I'll be on the track as soon as I get over my exams.Now go burn some tyres :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by CyRaX

Well, if Ripper can promise the Kolamba Lamissis, I'm in. Tho I'm strictly using a J44, no racing for me :)

So, it's everyone's responsibility to bring Kolamba lamissis to make sure there will be a better photoshoot. A what? J44 ? too many trucker + Jeep boys this time, anyways, that creates better opportunities for those who drags for the first time ever.

You really are trying to piss me off ain't you.Sorry md I'll not be able to make it.

And hope to see the drag scene on a weekly routine.And I'll be on the track as soon as I get over my exams.

Ah I thought so.For a guy who likes to talk big shot to all the newbies,without any substance or practical knowledge,you are in a league of your own man...when it comes to walk the talk you are nowhere to be seen...typical...jeeze.

Yes someday,call me when you grow a pair..y'know I feel sorry for people like Watchman who stood up for you.

So OK.now that the posers are out of the way...I'll see your real dragsters on the 20th...Lets burn rubber peoples!!!!

And hope to see the drag scene on a weekly routine.And I'll be on the track as soon as I get over my exams.Now go burn some tyres :angry-smiley-048:

aiyooo why so scared? think you will lose to MD? I'll tell you what, Let us know the ride you have and I'll make sure MD comes in a ride thats a lot less powerful than yours.

Ah I thought so.For a guy who likes to talk big shot to all the newbies,without any substance or practical knowledge,you are in a league of your own man...when it comes to walk the talk you are nowhere to be seen...typical...jeeze.

Yes someday,call me when you grow a pair..y'know I feel sorry for people like Watchman who stood up for you.

So OK.now that the posers are out of the way...I'll see your real dragsters on the 20th...Lets burn rubber peoples!!!!

Come on dont act,I know you two are friends.And dont worry MD your on my list,when I'm ready I'll let you know for sure.

Edited by CyRaX