• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evo Vs Sti

fuzzo

evo or sti  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• EVO
    • STi

To whom it may concern

The bottom line is evo's are better performance cars, we all know the facts and figures from way before, prices, handling, acceleration blah blah blah... we know yeah! this is not new at all. and dont think the members at autolanka don't know their Sh*t!! This poll is about personal preference if you read the header u may realise.

STI's have more character than the evo IMO,looks better, sounds better and fun to drive. A car should be a little challenging to drive, the driver should have control over the car not the other way around as in the evos case where the driver needs reletively no proper driving experience.you flick it into a corner at 200 and it still holds guranteed. This no evo bashing, but been in them and driven em..It is a marvelous car.

BTW didnt Jeremy C say the interior of the evo is like a bin liner!! anyway peoples opinion is their business...

And its BOXER engine, not boxter!

Well said. Proper driving enthusiasts like a car that can challenge them. "Frisky" to borrow a term from VBH. Look, just about all the top gear reviews prove Evos are faster, but in every one of those clips, when questioned on the preference its the Subaru, even tho they have no idea why. I'm sure DineshD vs. Petter Solberg would be interesting, even with his WRC car, coz that Evo is seriously fast, but....

Ppl don't only vote on logic. Keep an open mind. What makes sense to u might look like utter BS to someone else. And beauty is def in the eye of the beholder.

Also, kanishka1 the world maybe free, but autoLanka forums are moderated. If u want to be part of a community, be nice and play by the rules. And if u think its a free world and u can do what u want, try walking into a bank and asking them for all the money.

thanks boys i cudnt hav said it better...i hope kanishka here learns his lesson after 5 days away from the forums :D and dude try to avoid gettin personal...

Yeah guys no doubt the EVO's are quicker....and I've voted for the EVO myself....but theres something abt a REX.......man that car's got road presence oozing out of it! Hey its surprising to see that there are more Evo Fans than REXs........ :blink: ............

hmmm... the evo is mysteriously far ahead in the polls....

Yeah machang.................. I think most of the votes are based on "which is a quicker car" rather than the car........ The REX offers a lot more for the price than an Evo.....

Yeah machang.................. I think most of the votes are based on "which is a quicker car" rather than the car........ The REX offers a lot more for the price than an Evo.....

i think he's referrin to the sudden leap in votes...which might b cos of alter ID's

wats the overall appeal ,stis are smaller in size ,evos are better lookin ,evos have more leg room, there faster ,much more easier to maintain ,wats else do u want,by the way iam talking abt sri lanka not about mass scale production and commerce ,u can go to wycherley for that ,and its a free world i can voice my opinion in any way i want

me too seen dat video, sure evo is a better performer at least on tarmac, however it is widely accepted fact dat scooby is more appealing and they definitely come with more comfort and loads of accessories than evo, but i'd pick the evo over scooby any day, coz i'd rather like raw performance of the car[not the driver] :blink: , EVO vs. STI always is always a matter of personal taste(or philosophy if u lik 2 put it dat way)

--

i dont want to be name calling here but since u have got contacts with the right people why not arrange a drag between a good evo and the scoobies dat have been making a name for them selves in the saturday night drags, that way we let the cars do the talking and prove them selves than mere talks, i'd support the evo if it happens :D

• 8 months later...

me too seen dat video, sure evo is a better performer at least on tarmac, however it is widely accepted fact dat scooby is more appealing and they definitely come with more comfort and loads of accessories than evo, but i'd pick the evo over scooby any day, coz i'd rather like raw performance of the car[not the driver] :D , EVO vs. STI always is always a matter of personal taste(or philosophy if u lik 2 put it dat way)

--

i dont want to be name calling here but since u have got contacts with the right people why not arrange a drag between a good evo and the scoobies dat have been making a name for them selves in the saturday night drags, that way we let the cars do the talking and prove them selves than mere talks, i'd support the evo if it happens :D

agree

the thing is in sri lankan drag racing history as i know ashans EVO III is the king, many subarus race with that car bt they lost and once nigel told me abt a private drag between Ashans EVO & His SUBARU , and look hw that car jump from the lauch

Oh and how could i forget kanchans EVO III i think that car can give a gud fight with ashans evo bt kanchan is not a drag fan

I Vote For EVO

• 1 year later...
as mentioned earleir i think most ppl voted on performance statistics as opposed to which car they actually liked i;m guessing...

well I liked the scooby over evo untill the latest versions arrived,but as a man who hates hatch backs the new evo X wins by default

but given the money i would buy neither,i would buy a nice sleek two-door coupe,yes yes i go for style over substance

Edited by HelRazor

I would be picking the 350Z if I had that money. Same price and its not a substance compromise!

yeah peri I would buy the new fairlady even if it only had a 500cc engine,just look at the curves on that one....I hope to go for one in the next year,either that or a non-turbo supra.....keeping my fingers crossed...

in the mean time i'd settle for a black 300z,preferebly with black alloys and a red interior...but haven't found one yet ;) oh and a leaky targa top is a must...

Edited by HelRazor

in the mean time i'd settle for a black 300z,preferebly with black alloys and a red interior...but haven't found one yet ;) oh and a leaky targa top is a must...

ROTFL :lol:

...hmmm i know of a car that checks most of your tick boxes

,but seeing as it doesn't have a leaky targa top ,it might not suit your fancy entirely :P

:lol:

ROTFL :lol:

...hmmm i know of a car that checks most of your tick boxes

,but seeing as it doesn't have a leaky targa top ,it might not suit your fancy entirely :P

:lol:

lol...yah i've heard of that z too,i've also heard that it's haunted....by a ghost called S_N... :lol: :lol:

what?? targa not leaking?? first time i've heard that :lol: was becoming used to it after the sol becoming a swimming pool after a small drizzle of rain :D oh well you can't have everything..lol..