• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1998 Honda Integra Gsr (automatic))

shane6399

cool stuff you got there man congratulations btw how much all of that cost you?.

$250 for stuff. 100% tax and $100 sea freight. And a very very angry wife.

The rotors and muffler are just for pimping. The teg has some camber issues which can't be adjusted since the existing arms are fixed camber. So the camber kit was a necessity

All off eBay. More stuff on the way :)

$250 for stuff. 100% tax and $100 sea freight. And a very very angry wife.

The rotors and muffler are just for pimping. The teg has some camber issues which can't be adjusted since the existing arms are fixed camber. So the camber kit was a necessity

All off eBay. More stuff on the way :)

100% tax!, I thought it is 80% for spare parts. Cool stuff machan. Doesnt that cross drilled rotors have additional braking power compared to stock one? . Whats the cost of the muffler?

100% tax!, I thought it is 80% for spare parts. Cool stuff machan. Doesnt that cross drilled rotors have additional braking power compared to stock one? . Whats the cost of the muffler?

Customs have been advised to get tough on spare part imports. And guess what, I was taxed extra for bringing brake rotors "in commercial quantities". Apparently 4 is a commercial quantity. Ba$tards! Initial tax estimate was 70,000. I argued it down to 28.

And no HC, it doesn't really provide extra grip, it cools the disc faster, so that brake fade is less during repeated hard braking.

But you gotta admit it looks quite menacing! I'd rather do this sorta thing rather than put a body kit and type r stickers.

Customs have been advised to get tough on spare part imports. And guess what, I was taxed extra for bringing brake rotors "in commercial quantities". Apparently 4 is a commercial quantity. Ba$tards! Initial tax estimate was 70,000. I argued it down to 28.

The scan below is about 2 months back,and about two weeks ago I brought another box full of stuff(way more than commercial quantities according to your statement) and the tax was around 30%.And this was after the courier company cleared it...I'd say you were screwed over big time.

WDLqE.jpg

• Like 1

Let me explain: to import parts personally, customs says I have to show how I sent money abroad to pay for it. This either means transferring funds to the seller and showing proof of that, or getting the bank to sign, seal and verify the credit card transaction. They won't accept invoices sent with the goods because there is no proof of payment. They then value the stuff locally and tax me on their valuation.

And if it's more than one individually packaged item of the same thing, it's a commercial quantity. To not be penalised for that, it needs to be a commercial import and for that I need a VAT registration number.

I don't need any of these had I used a courier, not a carrier. They handle all this shit, and you pay 30% tax and that's it. But aramex, with whom we have a shop and ship facility, wanted 5000 per kilo for air freight. Those rotors alone are easily 12kg plus.

So there really is no other option for me, except pay the tax and live with it.

Edited by Komisiripala

Let me explain: to import parts personally, customs says I have to show how I sent money abroad to pay for it. This either means transferring funds to the seller and showing proof of that, or getting the bank to sign, seal and verify the credit card transaction. They won't accept invoices sent with the goods because there is no proof of payment. They then value the stuff locally and tax me on their valuation.

And if it's more than one individually packaged item of the same thing, it's a commercial quantity. To not be penalised for that, it needs to be a commercial import and for that I need a VAT registration number.

I don't need any of these had I used a courier, not a carrier. They handle all this shit, and you pay 30% tax and that's it. But aramex, with whom we have a shop and ship facility, wanted 5000 per kilo for air freight. Those rotors alone are easily 12kg plus.

So there really is no other option for me, except pay the tax and live with it.

I dunno dude.Seems like you've over complicated things a little bit for yourself.There's no way in hell I'm paying 100% taxes for spares...Anyways its your money. :)

And FYI my last shipment was 35KGs and still 30% taxes.

I dunno dude.Seems like you've over complicated things a little bit for yourself.There's no way in hell I'm paying 100% taxes for spares...Anyways its your money. :)

And FYI my last shipment was 35KGs and still 30% taxes.

I looked into this before I shipped MD, and there was no way out of a penalty unless you ship through a courier. Yours was FedEx'd no? Air cargo isn't it?

It's not a matter of kg's for tax percentage. Either I pay 5k per kilo air freight, or deal with penalties here. And it's not like I'll be bringing these down regularly. I'm done. you do, on the other hand, so you have a lot of experience in that light. Maybe I should've asked you about it, and yes it does feel shitty and I do feel screwed over, but I won't be importing again so it's done and dusted

@TBTango: that ithin is left to see. The arms I have are crooked anyways, and front camber is -2 on one side and -1.3 in the other. Sort of sucks on a fixed camber car.

Edited by Komisiripala

MD, Komsiripala, a friend has asked me a favour for me to send him a fan and a steering wheel for his BMW. I need to send a replacement rear spoiler and a space saver (which I guess will have to claims is brand new). I was thinking about opting for sea freight from the UK. Now after reading your posts I'm a little weary. Air freight is shit expensive working out even more than 5K a kilo when you use a UK based courier. To put it in perspective sending 300g parcel to Cyprus cost me £60 odd pounds and chat was the cheap option!

So do I have any real options here, and do they only levy a 100% penalty on commercial quantities?

If you don't use a courier, you'll have to face my situ. Send the invoices with the stuff. And as long as its one of each, then it's not a Commercial quantity. Whatever is not invoiced and marked as a gift, customs will put their own value and tax you. They valued my brakes initially at 40,000 per rotor. And although it was a pair of rear discs and a pair of front discs, it was individually packaged, which again was a no-no. The camber kit, being a pair, was in one box. So they said it goes as one unit.

They're just ba$tards out to screw us men. Handle with care

Nice :D does anyone know if slotted rotors are available anywhere in Sri Lanka?

its here! finally!! after 6 weeks santa came! left me with a whopping tax bill but i was too teary eyed to give a f**k!

aaand (drum roll please)... slotted cross-drilled brake rotors!! woohoo!! *-happy dance happy dance-*

photo3krx.jpg

can't wait to get the teg out on the road... expect more pics soon!

its coming together!! painstakingly slow. i'm tired of waiting, but here's progress:

photo6kw.jpg

and the rear disc with the upper arms in place. just can't wait to get the wheels on...

photo5dg.jpg

exhaust is still pending. as is the lights. and of course the box is under repair....

its coming together!! painstakingly slow. i'm tired of waiting, but here's progress:

photo6kw.jpg

and the rear disc with the upper arms in place. just can't wait to get the wheels on...

photo5dg.jpg

exhaust is still pending. as is the lights. and of course the box is under repair....

Good stuff!

Funny to see that the Honda back suspension is nearly identical to my 1993 Mitsubishi :) But the difference is my back suspension already has camber adjustment from the factory so does not need a modified upper control arm to be able to adjust camber.

Funny to see that the Honda back suspension is nearly identical to my 1993 Mitsubishi :) But the difference is my back suspension already has camber adjustment from the factory so does not need a modified upper control arm to be able to adjust camber.

Rear arms remained same since 93. But Hondas didn't have adjustable rear camber. Funnily, the teg has fixed front camber also.

Rear arms remained same since 93. But Hondas didn't have adjustable rear camber. Funnily, the teg has fixed front camber also.

Mine has fixed front camber also, but because it doesn't have an upper arm the solution available is special bolts to replace the ones that connect the hub to the strut.

photo6kw.jpg

photo5dg.jpg

Good to see an update machan!.It seems like that you are dealing with some Honda rust as well!. :)

Good to see an update machan!.It seems like that you are dealing with some Honda rust as well!. :)

Ow bung. Got it fixed and undercoat sprayed. Indika is really giving me blue balls here taking his sweet time!

Waiting for exhaust piping and muffler to be done. The rear hub racers also need replacing.

And he's got all the required parts for the box. Just a matter of putting it together.

Hopefully by Wednesday...

Ow bung. Got it fixed and undercoat sprayed. Indika is really giving me blue balls here taking his sweet time!

Waiting for exhaust piping and muffler to be done. The rear hub racers also need replacing.

And he's got all the required parts for the box. Just a matter of putting it together.

Hopefully by Wednesday...

How did you decide on the muffler? Is it specifically made for your model or did you select one you liked and adapting it to fit with your piping?