• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ebay Good Or Bad?

miniace

Question

The cheapest, relatively slowest shipping method provide by various countries such as China shipping or Hong Kong Shipping. Seller is entitled to pay the shipping cost, simply the item cost bears on buyer. I don't think there's any custom charges if it's a 1 or 2 items package. But the package size and value may decide it!

• Like 1

The cheapest, relatively slowest shipping method provide by various countries such as China shipping or Hong Kong Shipping. Seller is entitled to pay the shipping cost, simply the item cost bears on buyer. I don't think there's any custom charges if it's a 1 or 2 items package. But the package size and value may decide it!

Whats FREE Economy Int'l Shipping? Will I have to pay a customs duty? Im trying to import 1 or 2 peices of clothes.

Whats FREE Economy Int'l Shipping? Will I have to pay a customs duty? Im trying to import 1 or 2 peices of clothes.

Free Int'l is free to Sri Lanka. Customs duty depends on if your parcel is large and/or if the customs declaration sheet value is high; i.e. $60 and upwards. If you get a letter saying your parcel is at the Foreign Parcels Counter at D.R. Wijewardena Mawatha, then you'll have to pay a duty.

Edited by Jaliya48
  • Like 1

thanks guys, so if there is no customs duty the package should be delivered to my address by EMS?

Whatever you pay on Ebay ends at Ebay. When it reaches our coast, customs will decide whether to let it reach you through normal post or hold it until you come in and pay the tax/duty they decide is applicable. I've got my fair share of things shipped in primarily through ebay. Most of them reached me to my doorstep. A few got held up and I had to pay taxes to clear them. All depends on what you bring down.

EMS charges are the most reasonable out of the lot, especially if you choose to pick the package up from their office. Usually less than a thousand bucks for anything costing up to 25k. And that is without any whining or haggling on our part.

One of our members had a sour experience with Kapruka global. You might wanna check with him. took almost a month to deliver. If its a small thing stick with Aramex or he normal post

Kapruka Sucks ! I'm waiting for a HDD I ordered from amazon more than 3 weeks back ! When I called them they cant even track the bloody package.

The best I got was , "Sir we will get a shipment tonight, but i'm not sure if your item will be in it" !

Im waiting for a call from her manager now.

The site says delivery in 8 - 10 days ,the call center says its 12-14 days but its more like a month.

• Like 1

Slightly OT,

Following USB/ipob accessory cable want to buy.

post-49549-0-32343500-1378725033_thumb.j

It is not available in Ebay :sad-smiley-050:

Only available with Japanese sites such as rakuten, amazon.jp, yahoo.aleado.com, .......Also most of sites are not providing international shipping! When I checked with Rakuten seller who provided international shipping , the EMS shipping charges are so high and final cost is made it worthless! So, what is the best way to ship such small light items here from japan? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by WCW

Kapruka Sucks ! I'm waiting for a HDD I ordered from amazon more than 3 weeks back ! When I called them they cant even track the bloody package.

The best I got was , "Sir we will get a shipment tonight, but i'm not sure if your item will be in it" !

Im waiting for a call from her manager now.

The site says delivery in 8 - 10 days ,the call center says its 12-14 days but its more like a month.

Yes, This is the exact experience I've had with them. Endless delays, several visits, nonsense promises etc... and finally when I got the product, there were damages and they had the balls to tell me I'll be given the product at a slight discount only. I got the refund and told them to keep the bloody thing.

They've come up with a great concept but seems to be rather interested in chasing away the customers.

Machan get your contact there to get hold of trico maritime shipping. You can call the local agent here to ask where their nearest office is to where your contact is located. Google it you'll get the local contact details. They ship at $8/square foot sea freight. Based on volume, not weight. A ship leaves once every two weeks or so.

I just got my contact to send some paint cans and my camshaft across.