• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aband Mercedes Benz Sl450

john cooper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicw find... there are so many junkyard jewels in SL, they need to be found & put back on the road. There's an abandoned Ford Capri Mk I in Dehiwala, that's the first thing I'm buying when I make it big!!! :lol:

dehiwala? where exactly?

Nicw find... there are so many junkyard jewels in SL, they need to be found & put back on the road. There's an abandoned Ford Capri Mk I in Dehiwala, that's the first thing I'm buying when I make it big!!! :lol:

i think i've seen it. are you on about the one behind the School?

need 2 import a body shell, finding a RHD car

i can't believe i'm even suggesting this (& i'll be quick to add that i don't endorse this method in any way) but it might be simple and rather cost effective for you to simply buy another complete running condition 450SL in the UK and have it stripped and have the parts shipped here

You ought to be able to pick up a car in good running order for around 5000 pounds

There are ppl who can get such things done i've heard...

Pardon my ignorance but does the body shell need to be RHD ?

As the car is going to undergo a full resto, does it matter if its LHD ?

Just for my info guys,.

da thing is still it's unregisted, RMV has sent me a letter, that indicate it must be a RHD car 2 register in SL

i can't believe i'm even suggesting this (& i'll be quick to add that i don't endorse this method in any way) but it might be simple and rather cost effective for you to simply buy another complete running condition 450SL in the UK and have it stripped and have the parts shipped here

You ought to be able to pick up a car in good running order for around 5000 pounds

There are ppl who can get such things done i've heard...

machan this having Integral type body and this car directly infront of the sea at custom, it has their more than 5 years so diff 2 use old car metal parts

have u seen any 450SL at SL?????????????????????????????????

have u seen a 450SL on da road at SL???????????????????????????

There are a few. A blue 500SL and a Black 450 that comes top of the mind. Oh and there WAS Peter Hill's Silver beauty but that must have gone back when his visa was canned.

machan this having Integral type body and this car directly infront of the sea at custom, it has their more than 5 years so diff 2 use old car metal parts

have u seen any 450SL at SL?????????????????????????????????

there is a guy who might be able to help you source everything you need...

do u have the contact information????????????????????

sorry i don't

but there maybe some individuals on the forum who can shed more light on the subject , but it probably best to contact them privately as some of the information shared is of a slightly secretive nature

• 5 months later...
i think i've seen it. are you on about the one behind the School?

The one I saw is at a garage in a lane that can be accessed from Station road. It's not there anymore :(

Well, whoever got it will restore it no doubt!

It seems that the owner has abandoned both the project and this thread :(

It was a too compliated project to begin with I think :unsure:

well its a shame if he has. cos that would have been a pretty neat addition to our classic car community.

i would love to get my hands on something like this but this project seems to need a tad too much commitment :(

hmmm loads of complications i recon , given the state of the car and the registration issues...

my guess it that one of the big fish will scoop this up as well and make things magically work :mellow:

Lol, yup.

but this thing is a mega project . Easier to get a full car down I reckin if the customs can be "sorted" by the big wigs ......

I too saw another nice classic but beyond hope as its not financially viable..( For me at least) lol..

cue big wigs .

Lol, yup.

but this thing is a mega project . Easier to get a full car down I reckin if the customs can be "sorted" by the big wigs ......

I too saw another nice classic but beyond hope as its not financially viable..( For me at least) lol..

cue big wigs .

Machan, since the Body permit is already granted there couldn't be a issue with customs right? well.. it only needs finances in that case, :ninja:

and the car you have seen will not be so bad as much as this coz the 450 was really gone even when I saw is long ago.. so mate go for it, it's not out of your reach B)