• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche Panamera

ferrarif50

Oh god... who was the bright spark who handed a 16 yr old rice tuner the keys to one of those? Talk about adding injury to insult. I dunno, this Porsche has "Epic Fail" written all over it. I have tolerated enough of this silliness from Porsche. When they went water-cooled in '98 I shrugged it off as progress, and when that horrible Cayenne came out, I was compelled to believe it was to prey on the Western (read: mostly American) demand for large, fast vehicles to better collide into small cars with. But when they unveiled this abomination of everything Porsche was not supposed to be (even more so than the Cayenne because at least that's an SUV), I simply turned away. I mean seriously, it looks like someone squeezed a Cayenne through a Caymen shaped stencil. Lamborghini ftw. At least they made a proper SUV, or more to the fact, a proper high performance off road vehicle, albeit way too ahead of its time. Such a pity they canceled their 4 door Reventon-esque Estoque :( [/rant]

I love it!! lolz...guess that makes me a ricer!~! But then I like the regular version too. Not sure I would drive the tuner version with the wing etc. but I cetainly do like the flared arches and the front facia. :D

I just want to hug one of those Pirelli Scorpions and never let go <33333333333333

P.S. A black example of one of these beauties made a brief cameo in Fast and Furious, as the vehicle in which Campos travels to the church in.

Edited by terrabytetango

I just want to hug one of those Pirelli Scorpions and never let go <33333333333333

P.S. A black example of one of these beauties made a brief cameo in Fast and Furious, as the vehicle in which Campos travels to the church in.

& trust the American army to blow up one the few ever made <_<

Csp_LM002_2.jpg

Csp_LM002_6.jpg

Source : http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/10/war-c...stroy-rare.html

Indeed, but now that I spend at least half a year living amongst them, nothing they ever do surprises me. I've been desensitized. But anyway, back to the fugly Porsche 4 seater. What's the point? I mean a Maybach or a Toyota Century, sure, they're personal chauffeur driven luxury barges, but this car makes no sense, a family man would have scant use for it when compared to an M5 or RS6. Or maybe it's supposed to appeal to single 30-something high powered executive types who want a phat ride to see him and 3 of his best mates in complete comfort? But will the boot space be enough to hold their egos?

Edited by terrabytetango

Indeed, but now that I spend at least half a year living amongst them, nothing they ever do surprises me. I've been desensitized. But anyway, back to the fugly Porsche 4 seater. What's the point? I mean a Maybach or a Toyota Century, sure, they're personal chauffeur driven luxury barges, but this car makes no sense, a family man would have scant use for it when compared to an M5 or RS6. Or maybe it's supposed to appeal to single 30-something high powered executive types who want a phat ride to see him and 3 of his best mates in complete comfort? But will the boot space be enough to hold their egos?

Don't know about you, but I can see this being in direct competition with the M5, and if the target market for this car are wealthy executives who want to drive themselves around in a sporty four seater then err...what's wrong with that again exactly?

Also: Despite the Porsche Cayenne being considered a tad ugly when it was first launched, its now Porsche's best selling vehicle. And Porsche would'nt be any good to anyone if it went bankrupt now would it?

Edited by Kavvz

Well for one thing, it seats only 4 people, and has very little boot space. The M5 is just a 5 series on serious steroids and hormone therapy, which means I can still carry the wife, kids, family dog and our assorted luggage off for a weekend without much issue. Ditto for the RS6, the CTS-V, the 300C SRT8, etc. If anything, the Panamera's competition is the Fezza 612 and the like. Porsche should've brought back the 928.

P.S. I state clearly in my earlier rant why I grudgingly accepted the Cayenne, which is also the reason for its success.

Edited by terrabytetango

Well for one thing, it seats only 4 people, and has very little boot space. The M5 is just a 5 series on serious steroids and hormone therapy, which means I can still carry the wife, kids, family dog and our assorted luggage off for a weekend without much issue. Ditto for the RS6, the CTS-V, the 300C SRT8, etc. If anything, the Panamera's competition is the Fezza 612 and the like. Porsche should've brought back the 928.

P.S. I state clearly in my earlier rant why I grudgingly accepted the Cayenne, which is also the reason for its success.

Fair enough, the market segment for a M5 or RS6 / S6 might be slightly different; this car is probably geared to compete more directly with the Mercedes-Benz CLS or the upcoming four door coupe by BMW. But if you read up on the info Devinda_Z posted you'll see the Panamera does have a pretty spacious cargo area.

Edited by Kavvz

Well I guess there's a pinch of personal grudge in my words, because when I was a child, the Porsche was the first sports car I was introduced to due to the fact that a relative of mine in some distant foreign land owned a 944 and I got to ride in it a few times when I was barely in 1st grade. Ever since then I've been a very keen devotee to the marquee (still am with the older "proper" Porsches). But seeing them make such drastic changes inside of 10 years is very unsettling.

......when that horrible Cayenne came out, I was compelled to believe it was to prey on the Western (read: mostly American) demand for large, fast vehicles to better collide into small cars with.

THAT'S your justification for the Cayenne being a success? Come on....really?

Edited by Kavvz

Well I guess there's a pinch of personal grudge in my words, because when I was a child, the Porsche was the first sports car I was introduced to due to the fact that a relative of mine in some distant foreign land owned a 944 and I got to ride in it a few times when I was barely in 1st grade. Ever since then I've been a very keen devotee to the marquee (still am with the older "proper" Porsches). But seeing them make such drastic changes inside of 10 years is very unsettling.

I respect that, but it makes sense for the brand to change and evolve along with their market; else they'd end up going out of business (like say for example Marcos).

Edited by Kavvz

......when that horrible Cayenne came out, I was compelled to believe it was to prey on the Western (read: mostly American) demand for large, fast vehicles to better collide into small cars with.

THAT'S your justification for the Cayenne being a success? Come on....really?

It's a little sarcastic/cynical/condescending I admit, but yes, when you clear away all the statistical drivel, it comes down to the fact that Porsche finally made a big bad truck which can go against my mate's ML65 AMG, X5 god knows what, and assorted Hemi (read SRT) powered SUVs from across the Atlantic.

I respect that, but it makes sense for the brand to change and evolve along with their market; else they'd end up going out of business (like say for example Marcos).

True, but Marcos is hardly a suitable entity to compare with Porsche. They're a tiny tiny company, akin to Morgan, Noble and the like. You're right, things need to evolve, but IMHO this is a devolution of what Porsche's ideals were when the first 356 rolled out.

True, but Marcos is hardly a suitable entity to compare with Porsche. They're a tiny tiny company, akin to Morgan, Noble and the like. You're right, things need to evolve, but IMHO this is a devolution of what Porsche's ideals were when the first 356 rolled out.

lol true!! Marcos is tiny, it was the first company that came to mind though. Even Lotus, TVR and Bentley were (for a while) tottering towards bankrupcy weren't they? Techinically even Porsche was as well, but that was due to bad decision making rather than a product or market senario...

Edited by Kavvz

....... when you clear away all the statistical drivel, it comes down to the fact that Porsche finally made a big bad truck which can go against my mate's ML65 AMG, X5 god knows what, and assorted Hemi (read SRT) powered SUVs from across the Atlantic.

Well yeah, but it was because a paticular market segment had opened up for ultra-fast primarily road going SUV's. The Porsche Cheyenne was a late entry, but I think it ended up neatly capturing a nice chuck of the upper end of that segment.

As for the whole my SUV is faster-more-expensive-than-yours senario, well couldn't you say that about the 911 as well? I mean at the end of the day, isn't it all about: "My 911 can whoop your M3, DB9 etc. " ?

Edited by Kavvz

• 1 month later...
^^^ Sick Vids!!! I saw the panamera flying down the hudson hwy bout 2 weeks ago...absolutely amazing...tried to catch up but he was long gone.... :D it looks waaaaaaaay better in person...

Obviously, otherwise he'd be buying a Neon too... LOL