• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula Plus Motor Show 2008 [photos updated]

ferrarif50

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a horrible excuse for a show. The only cars worth seeing are the Mustang and the GTV Veloce. Both of those are stunning and I never tire of seeing them at these shows.

Awww, you no like the 240Z and the Jag E types? True, almost every thing was also there last year, tho Milindu tells me there was a Hillman making its first public show. I think that was in the vintage section.

The 'Stang looks awesome in it new hue with the vinyl top. Did you guys notice that it has a V8 this year?

The yellow S1 E-type has got a poper paint at last and looks stunning! Makes the two S3 V12 Es look a bit boring.

I thought the layout this year is much better than last... The American metal looks cool as ever. I like the new colour on the Deville Sedan.

Some of the other new cars are - The silevr Talbot saloon, Milindu's pre-war Hillman, Lancia Fulvia Berlina, Sunbeam Rapier Coupe, Was the NSU Ro80 there last year?? Nice Merc 350S W116!

Thumbs down for me - That green capri with the hedeous paint work :huh: , That crap Datsun 120Y :blink: !!! Can't understand why it keeps showing up :angry:, The E36 BMW convertibles (even if the good looking one used to be mine ;) ) Hardly show stuff when sedans are so common on our streets.

Awww, you no like the 240Z and the Jag E types? True, almost every thing was also there last year, tho Milindu tells me there was a Hillman making its first public show. I think that was in the vintage section.

I'm a bit upset with the new colour on the Z. Not at all 70's!

The E36 BMW convertibles (even if the good looking one used to be mine ;) ) Hardly show stuff when sedans are so common on our streets.

mate,are you talking about the one being advertised for 2mil? is it really worth that money he's asking?

you think this car will be a rare classic one day?

Edited by HelRazor

mate,are you talking about the one being advertised for 2mil? is it really worth that money he's asking?

you think this car will be a rare classic one day?

I think the one advertised was a coupe. Could be worth depending on the condition. Classic status.........very long way off.

I Just got back from the show,frankly dissapointed..but it's still the best show of the year

the only good thing was the classics,but we've all seen those before haven't we,heck I've even driven most of them,I noticed some big name collectors haven't sent their best to the show,maybe the rain was worrying them...yeah going inside was a waste of time,the only good thing for me was the new CRV and poeple getting to chat with DD.

but the place was packed even at 3pm..took ages to find a place to park

I think the one advertised was a coupe. Could be worth depending on the condition

Its been sold since i believe - saw it last week with a ridiculously wide bumper kit which looked like it was orginally meant for an E46 M3...and wide rims and tint

The kicker though was the red and white number plate with the numerals in the new font - going for the garage plate look i'm guessing! :lol:

Its a VERY Very high mileage car that... :mellow: but drives well :)

I'm a bit upset with the new colour on the Z

new colour?? what was it earlier??

Its been a very long time since i saw a 240Z and once in proper working order for that matter... :mellow:

....hang on a sec, - is this the same car that was at that garage near Pegasus?? :o

Yup, the 240Z was nice: brought back memories of my old car. :) But I agree, that colour was nasty. Another good looker was that Jaguar SS100. Definitely pimp status.

oh & can someone kindly explain the plate on this ?? :o

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p54509866.html

We have a Ferrari Mondial t registered KH, so why not?

Question : Those cards they placed by the classic cars. They have a flag with the country of origin on it. I noticed there were several Fords with the UK flag. This a mistake or it just mean it was built in th UK or summin?

Yup, the 240Z was nice: brought back memories of my old car. :) But I agree, that colour was nasty.

Hmmm.... I was more pissed over the way it was parked, just an inch of space in front, no angle for pictures. Wasn't too bothered about the color in that gloomy cave. Wasn't it a burnt orange like the current ones?

new colour?? what was it earlier??

Its been a very long time since i saw a 240Z and once in proper working order for that matter... :mellow:

....hang on a sec, - is this the same car that was at that garage near Pegasus?? :o

It was blue. It bugs me when I see a car in a colour thats extremely far off the period. This one came for the Mahagastota revival and we were drooling over it. But unfortunately it had a bad miss and did not run if I remember right.

Talking about wrong colors I'm miffed by the Jag Mk in met purple!!!!! Btw it changed hands for 4.1m!!!

Edited by GTAm

Yup, the 240Z was nice: brought back memories of my old car. :) But I agree, that colour was nasty. Another good looker was that Jaguar SS100. Definitely pimp status.

Oh yes the SS100 :) Near perfection isn't it? I was wondering if it was the most valuable car at the show!?

Hmmm.... I was more pissed over the way it was parked, just an inch of space in front, no angle for pictures. Wasn't too bothered about the color in that gloomy cave. Wasn't it a burnt orange like the current ones?

Yes that was crazy and everyone was man-handling those cars. The colour reminded me of a Mk1 CRV :blink:

Oh yes the SS100 :) Near perfection isn't it? I was wondering if it was the most valuable car at the show!?

It probably was the most valuable car in the show by quite some margin don't you think? I know cars have crazy prices in SL if they are in the erong hands, but even in an international context im guessing an SS100 would be worth quite a packet right? worth between 100,000 and 200,000 Stirling....I doubt there was anything that came close at the show.

as for the 120Y, well it may not be a heart stopping car, but it certainly is a significant one! one of the first cars that showed people that cars didnt necessarily have to break down every time there was a week in the month, and that they COULD start every morning.... so I'd say it deserves a place....

@ Peri... the UK flag on those fords would be because they were models made by ford's UK division.... most of them were not even sold in the states... in fact, If i remember correctly, the Only US market ford at the show was the Mustang!

It was blue. It bugs me when I see a car in a colour thats extremely far off the period. This one came for the Mahagastota revival and we were drooling over it. But unfortunately it had a bad miss and did not run if I remember right.

are you sure that wasn't 6 sri 5511 - The Gomes' car?

Talking about wrong colors I'm miffed by the Jag Mk in met purple!!!!! Btw it changed hands for 4.1m!!!

ah the "chairman"s car :) friday before last i believe..

as for the 120Y, well it may not be a heart stopping car, but it certainly is a significant one! one of the first cars that showed people that cars didnt necessarily have to break down every time there was a week in the month, and that they COULD start every morning.... so I'd say it deserves a place....

Perhaps in a hypothetical book called "the history of motoring in Sri Lanka" but not in a Classic car show where most of us expect to see rare and beautiful cars. :D Firstly there's nothing 'classic' about it and secondly there's are still so many around. A drive to Avissawella and Ratnapura means you'll see them in hoards, some in even better shape than the one on show. For me it's extremely ridiculous as is having more than one Morris Minor and VW Beetle. These are cars we see at least one a week on the streets.

To be honest it was a bit heart stopping for a moment for me to see it two years in a row :lol:

I could understand a 120Y coupe though. At least it looks good.