• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Eg8 - Mods - 11lakhs - Estimate

da_kool_guy

if the car has masive power u need downforce, for ur car spoiler, spliter wont help at all, but if the weight it low it will make ur eyes happy, when telling something think twice, r u goin to drive in CMB roads with no AC ?

no no machan... i dont use this as my official car... i have a carina Ti myroad. This is just to roll when im with my guys and when i wanna feel the thrill....

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gihan, if I have the money, I will donate it to the SLDF boys who have no legs machang to get Jaipurs. so they can have a normal life.

I'd rather give 20k to the Ranaviru Sewana that will ensure 2 Heroes will have artificial legs. I can do without the extra oomph in my car now.

Priorities have changed since of late for me.

Respect for what u said machan,

no no machan... i dont use this as my official car... i have a carina Ti myroad. This is just to roll when im with my guys and when i wanna feel the thrill....

still u think chicks gna ride with ya with no AC ? forget it man, they wont

Admiring your enthusiasm.... BUT another riced up EG8 in Colombo roads will be hardly 'unique'.. ;) Unless you paint it Hot Pink with Yellow wheels... naaah... there is one like that already.:)

Ah yes ... What memories.

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/c972492.html

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/c1246884.html

do u really think CF spoiler and a middle splitter will hurt the performance? :blink:

without proper aero dynamic customs, how can i increase some downforce? :huh:

What do you need downforce for?

da_kool_guy please drop the cf wing. you don't need a spoiler on a civic in 1st place. and you don't need one on a street car in sl. it will only give u unnecessary downforce, downforce that you'll never use. it'll only slow u down at higher speeds and rob you off some top speed. look at gihan. even he doesnt have one on his sti

and keep the a/c. no point being so hardcore when you are carrying 3 guys in the car. like think of all their weight. plus you'll need it anyways if someone like gihan turns up next to you at the lights ;)

for 400k you can probably do a b16 or h22 conversion and still have some money to spare. and remember you probably wont see any of this money when its time to sell your car again. so think again.

no point in getting a car dyno'd unless you are chucking out some real aftermarket power and lots of trick ecu's to keep it going. but you can probably gain around 5hp from the filter, 10-15hp from the exhaust system and most other mods wont increase the hp rating but it'll free up rotating mass and movement of the engine which will give you great gains like better throttle response and engine braking. its not going to show up on a dyno, btw there is a dyno in sl and its in open uni nawala. but these mods will shave a noticable slice off ur 0-60 times.

please try to keep the car looking stock. and this is for your own good. if you want to make a rebel statement get a piercing.

here is the final touche.....

4lakhs for engine mods

Just a suggestion - the vehicle you are going to buy will be quite old. So BEFORE you go about modding it, you should first get it up to spec - this means getting the suspension done, brakes, etc etc, all major components checked, serviced, replaced if necessary.

take it to a good garage and get them to check everything and get the car fully roadworthy and into good working condition.

(this goes without saying but) you will need new tyres, clutch, battery, etc (and most likely radiator, dampers, wheel bearings, whatnot)

After that you can always try cosmetic and other mods.

Honestly, a proper working eg8 is a good car.. why would you want to add more power to it? its powerful enough as it is.

Anyway, good luck to you and let us know how it goes.

Also, why don't you consider going online and learning a bit about the car.. the engine, what technology it uses etc...

Edited by Saturn

hey..a simple light weight body kit won't hamper your performance that much...besides it's not that easy to become a tuner from being a lifelong ricer just like that...so why don't you compromise between the two...go for some basic engine modifications without going to extremes...and install a simple and elegant body kit like this...

5127278876.jpg

Following mods are a nice start :D

CAI could be done for 15k (for 25k its not worth it)

Header 15-20k (worthy mod when done wit intake and exhaust)

Suspension springs 30-35k Tein H,techs are nice as i heard

Throttle body, is it worth it??

Exhaust - 20k , maybe

Anyway dropping a B-series engine would save you from all this hassle

5127278876.jpg

Now thats very very tasteful ...for a civic :D

koolguy take note!

Following mods are a nice start :D

CAI could be done for 15k (for 25k its not worth it)

Header 15-20k (worthy mod when done wit intake and exhaust)

Suspension springs 30-35k Tein H,techs are nice as i heard

Throttle body, is it worth it??

Exhaust - 20k , maybe

Anyway dropping a B-series engine would save you from all this hassle

and then the fun starts all over again :D

and then the fun starts all over again :D

gosh lol, sorry I could have not posted then :rolleyes:

I was just helping out the guy, giving some estimates for upgrades he cud go for, And the guy has posted some prices which were totally expensive, so I just shared my opinion, nothing else :o

but seems like the guy could afford all that, so not our prob..........

gosh lol, sorry I could have not posted then :rolleyes:

I was just helping out the guy, giving some estimates for upgrades he cud go for, And the guy has posted some prices which were totally expensive, so I just shared my opinion, nothing else :o

but seems like the guy could afford all that, so not our prob..........

yea i know what you mean. if he's got so much money to dump on modding his car why not turn it into a sleeper?

and my point is has anyone felt you got enough power in a car? you always want more power. cos nothings ever enough. so even with a more powerful engine you'd wanna do coupla more mods :)

yea i know what you mean. if he's got so much money to dump on modding his car why not turn it into a sleeper?

and my point is has anyone felt you got enough power in a car? you always want more power. cos nothings ever enough. so even with a more powerful engine you'd wanna do coupla more mods :)

Its his money men, not our problem lol. And maybe sleeper ain't his style, he'll come into that stage someday, everyone does lol. He can do whatever he need as long as he could afford. But ya it does hurt us, knowing that an EG ending up in a wrong place :D

Well, it's true, but a B-series is powerful than a D-series, and when you do a mod to a B, it's results would be huge compared to a D, as I heard. And our Kool boy maybe could afford that too :D Anyway your theory is also true, coz the total of those bolt-on mods would cost lesser than gettin a B-series. And would make the car's power close to a B16A :)

Wouldn't this http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=9611 be a better option for you? And I mean this in all seriousness, (no jokes, puns or Hola references intended) instead of buying a four door family car for around 10 lakhs or so and spending another 5-7 lakhs turning it into a head-turner; why not just buy something more youthful like the car shown? I mean its not like you need to do much to it other than bring it up to spec with the help of a reliable mechanic who knows what he's doing, like some members have suggested already?

first of i wanna say thank you for all of you......

but im kinda confused now.. cuz there are multiple suggestions from diff. peeps. and other thing is i dont have money to waste. but i just trying to have a better product than conventional stock product.

the wing has been shipped. so i have to find another ricer who willing to buy it for 800$ (600+shipping). :(

One thing guys.......can u all discuss each other and name some worthy mods to my EG8? I dont need big horse power.. but i need some pretty good acceleration. You all know my intention is to cruise the bends like an eagle. Im much in to corners and bends.

Im sure if one f you trying to smoke me, i'll give my best shot to give you some challeng.. but not to win(its impossible with massive monster STis and evos). but make sure its a public street with lite traffic. :D

Actually im very close to internet and computers. but im having a really rush hours now.

again.....my brothers..........IM SO CONFUSED WAT TO DO n WAT NOT TO DO....... basically keep that ricing thangs away....cuz im not a ricer boy anymore....

advice me on wat should be my mods? who are the ideal mechanix for that ? and cost?

Thank you shanx for your estimate.. where can i buy those stuff? and name a good mechanic?

Im sure if one f you trying to smoke me, i'll give my best shot to give you some challeng.. but not to win(its impossible with massive monster STis and evos). but make sure its a public street with lite traffic. :D

AL agianst street racing, ull risk ur own life and other people's life too, also no one here trying to smoke u, if anyone do im pretty when u shift to 2nd gear other car already gone a mile, :rolleyes:

One thing guys.......can u all discuss each other and name some worthy mods to my EG8? I dont need big horse power.. but i need some pretty good acceleration. You all know my intention is to cruise the bends like an eagle. Im much in to corners and bends.

I'm probably the last person to ask about cars here.. but if you are looking for good cornering abilities, shouldn't you be investing in suspension? plus good tyres?

As for acceleration, I think you already have vtec, that plus a CAI should give you some high revving fun?

Also, I don't recommend accelerating around corners here.. roads are slippery, pot holes, maniac drivers who overtake in blind bends.. etc..

The last thing you want to do is hit some bumbling pedestrian and end up in jail for the rest of your life.

Im sure if one f you trying to smoke me, i'll give my best shot to give you some challeng.. but not to win(its impossible with massive monster STis and evos). but make sure its a public street with lite traffic.

Erm... dude.. racing around public streets is against the law, and hazardous to other people/vehicles. Please DON'T do this.

If you want to compete, please do it in a closed off drag strip or racing track.

Please, don't be another statistic :( - I hope the more mature people here will back me up on this one.

When you go racing around not only do you endanger your life and others, but you make it hard for ordinary motorists because the cops start going nuts and harassing everyone who drives anything that looks like a sports car to them

So, please, please do not race around the streets. I'm sure there are some racing tracks in SL, use those, don't endanger ordinary people

Edited by Saturn

I'm probably the last person to ask about cars here.. but if you are looking for good cornering abilities, shouldn't you be investing in suspension? plus good tyres?

As for acceleration, I think you already have vtec, that plus a CAI should give you some high revving fun?

Also, I don't recommend accelerating around corners here.. roads are slippery, pot holes, maniac drivers who overtake in blind bends.. etc..

The last thing you want to do is hit some bumbling pedestrian and end up in jail for the rest of your life.

Erm... dude.. racing around public streets is against the law, and hazardous to other people/vehicles. Please DON'T do this.

If you want to compete, please do it in a closed off drag strip or racing track.

Please, don't be another statistic :( - I hope the more mature people here will back me up on this one.

When you go racing around not only do you endanger your life and others, but you make it hard for ordinary motorists because the cops start going nuts and harassing everyone who drives anything that looks like a sports car to them

So, please, please do not race around the streets. I'm sure there are some racing tracks in SL, use those, don't endanger ordinary people

ohhhhhhhhhh...........guyssssss......guyssssss..........DONT TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY... cuz i just slang it..... i nver intended to race on public streets... :D

:alc:

Thank you shanx for your estimate.. where can i buy those stuff?

Well, for those prices, you would have to get them abroad. Anyways here, such stuff are totally overpriced and mostly not available.

Well, for those prices, you would have to get them abroad. Anyways here, such stuff are totally overpriced and mostly not available.

ok machan i'll go for cheaper brands.....

if you know. can u tell me the best price for a b16A engine and wat are the other changes should be made to place it in EG8?

and a good spot to buy and fix all those stuff and brief idea about the cost?

Edited by da_kool_guy

AL agianst street racing, ull risk ur own life and other people's life too, also no one here trying to smoke u, if anyone do im pretty when u shift to 2nd gear other car already gone a mile, :rolleyes:

100% agreed..Please dont race on road..if you badly need please go to a track and do.. :mellow: