• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Won!!!

So I entered my car in the Car of the month poll for July 2009 on a F-Body forum. The winner is featured on the main for the month of July, and will be in next year's calender. I'm so damn psyc'd right now!!! I go by the name That Guy 2-1 on there ...

Winner's Feature Thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116866

Poll: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115880

The pic I entered...

DSC_7272---EDIT.jpg

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

Congrats dude! Very nice pic. I think thats what they call Tilt-shift effect? (Had to look it up after Ripper made that comment on one of my pics :) ) Also some pretty smooth lighting. Whats the lighting setup?

Thanks guys!

Congrats dude! Very nice pic. I think thats what they call Tilt-shift effect? (Had to look it up after Ripper made that comment on one of my pics :) ) Also some pretty smooth lighting. Whats the lighting setup?
not in this case. These pics were taken using my 50mm 1.4/f lens so the depth of field is very narrow, hence the blurry effect. I love this lens and wouldn't mind leaving it on most of the time but the only issue is that since it's on a constant 50mm, I have to move WAY back sometimes to get a good fram and I can't get a wide angle shot. But it's super fast and performs pretty well in low light.

congrats meangreen! :)

a bit OT...maybe it's not a bad idea to have competitions like this on AL too...should be fun :unsure:

yeah, but I don't see many people posting threads/pics about their cars so it may/may not work. Edited by MeanGreenZ28

nope. tilt-shift is when you give the effect that of one line/level being in focus while the rest is blurd out...its often used to make real life objects look like miniature models.

Thanks guys!

not in this case. These pics were taken using my 50mm 1.4/f lens so the depth of field is very narrow, hence the blurry effect. I love this lens and wouldn't mind leaving it on most of the time but the only issue is that since it's on a constant 50mm, I have to move WAY back sometimes to get a good fram and I can't get a wide angle shot. But it's super fast and performs pretty well in low light.

ahh, didnt see this before....

yeah you gotta love <F2.0...and personally i think 50mm is a superb focal length cos it looks very natural. But gotta agree you have to move around a fair bit for the focus-on-foot :D

congrats meangreen! :)

a bit OT...maybe it's not a bad idea to have competitions like this on AL too...should be fun :unsure:

hmm good idea...i'll think about it :) will it work for a country like SL ?

btw nice pic MeanGreenZ !!

one off competition will be a hit in my view.

just to enhance my knowledge, how are these type of competitions judged? quality of the picture or styling of the car or bit of both?????

maybe not exactly this madz.....but some kind of motor related competition would be nice,it will keep the enthusiasm high among the members :)...

Edited by MasterDon

:lol: well, thats the crap from the work monitor :) Now that I'm home, I see there is actually a background and its a daylight shot :D I asked about lighting coz I though it was night! Try dropping the exposure until the BG starts disappearing and you'll see what I meant by looking tilt shift :D

So I entered my car in the Car of the month poll for July 2009 on a F-Body forum. The winner is featured on the main for the month of July, and will be in next year's calender. I'm so damn psyc'd right now!!! I go by the name That Guy 2-1 on there ...

Winner's Feature Thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116866

Poll: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115880

The pic I entered...

DSC_7272---EDIT.jpg

Congrats bro.... Awsome pic :grinning-smiley-043: