• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dehiwala Flyover Construction Begins - New Traffic Plan

MADZ

Yed the view must be great at Sunset... unfortunately dont think they will let us park there to enjoy for long :)

On the subject of parking on top of flyovers, I've been noticing several vehicles parked on the Baseline flyover, on the Colombo bound side. It's a serious danger to traffic, I nearly didn't see a 70 series troop carrier parked just beyond the crest. Do these people not have the slightest sense?

went over the new flyover today at about 6.45 pm. quite alot of traffic. I took the flyover just to check it out. man what a mistake! we were stuck on the flyover for about 10 mins at least! Crawling traffic sometimes not moving at all! really annoying, <_< had the car packed with some mates so the clutch got a hard workout :( too much infact! never taking it again!! the side roads were moving much quicker... But guess I just had a bit of bad timing? since some of you guys in that area say its better.. :unsure:

Edited by virensti

went over the new flyover today at about 6.45 pm. quite alot of traffic. I took the flyover just to check it out. man what a mistake! we were stuck on the flyover for about 10 mins at least! Crawling traffic sometimes not moving at all! really annoying, <_< had the car packed with some mates so the clutch got a hard workout :( too much infact! never taking it again!! the side roads were moving much quicker... But guess I just had a bit of bad timing? since some of you guys in that area say its better.. :unsure:

Thats the case.This congestion caused by the ordinary traffic flow mixing with flyover traffic.the bus halt is also too close to the flyover.That blocks the normal flow causing those vehicles to cross on to flyover lane.

MINIACE

i guess it'll take some time for people to get used to it

People complained about Nugegoda as well , but things have gotten smoother with time i reckon..

which ever way the fly over was fine @ 3.30 AM today - flew up the thing in 5th gear on the Defender this morning! :lol:

People complained about Nugegoda as well , but things have gotten smoother with time i reckon..

agreed...we too initially thought that traffic would come to stop at the kelani bridge once the flyover was built over the rail tracks at peliyagoda,coz of the uninterrupted traffic flow toward the bridge...but somehow it is a lot better than we expected...it is still very difficult during the morning rush hour... but bearable.

which ever way the fly over was fine @ 3.30 AM today - flew up the thing in 5th gear on the Defender this morning! :lol:

That's because the police removed the Bus stop next to McDonald's at Nugegoda later days. same thing shld applied to Dehiwala as well. that bus stop cause severe blockage during rush hours.

Edited by Ruslan

That was what, all of 40 kmph? :P

Still be careful going up that thing. Its not quite straight, there is a small bend in the middle. Also, its not quite as smooth as I expected. I too just burbled along at low speeds at 12:30am. Though I guess you wouldn't feel the small bumps on the Landy. :)

That's because the police removed the Bus stop next to McDonald's at Nugegoda later days. same thing shld applied to Dehiwala as well. that bus stop cause severe blockage during rush hours.

the road is wide enough to shift the buss stops at both sides to their previous locations...

so the buses must be made to take the normal road and the halts shifted back

That was what, all of 40 kmph? :P

Still be careful going up that thing. Its not quite straight, there is a small bend in the middle. Also, its not quite as smooth as I expected. I too just burbled along at low speeds at 12:30am. Though I guess you wouldn't feel the small bumps on the Landy. :)

:P with gravity on my side i was desperately hoping to hit 3 figures, but to no avail sadly :(

:lol: there really isn't much of a distinction between bumps per say - it rocks rolls and rattles whilst barreling over just about any surface undulation, and that includes speed bumps :)