• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

More Experience With Indian Alto

thusi

How did you come to such a conclusion about my driving?

What I do is weave through gaps in the traffic, in a polite manner however.

As a person who values road-etiquette I never rob the other driver of his road space.

By the way it's your drag-racer friends who seriously break those ethics you are preaching.

ok dude...i still dont agree with your so called polite way of cutting traffic...but there's no point in dragging this further...so lets just leave it ok...

hmm...i have never been a advocate of drag racing,infact quite the opposite...and me and the dragsters have had our share of fights over this...but yes,they are still my friends(even gihanfx)...so i aint gonna comment on the ethics of dragging with you...i'll leave that to them

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow funny thread... :action-smiley-060: I noticed one " Fan Man" is missing in the thread.. wonder where he is..

anyways as loot of peeps have poitnted out Maruthi does have very very weak breaks :angry: this is based on my personal experiance :( it was not very fun to dive a maruthi.. + me and my bro in law cant get in to a maruthi front seats with out touching each other not because we are fat :ninja: cuz we both are about 6 feet in hight :angry-smiley-024:

It's the Anti-Maruti cult that ruins this thread.

It's true that thusi did not clearly mantion the drawbacks of his car.

However even before another Maruti Alto owner comes up with his own experience, the Anti-Maruti guys come into conclusion that this is cheap marketing and starts to have fun in a rude manner.(Jeremy Clarkson influence?)

Instead of letting Maruti owners sharing their experiences, these foul-mouths poked into this thread and started jabbering nonsense.

It's these guys who deprive legitimate maruti owners getting anything helpful.

In a forum where impartiality is vital, how many of them actually showed it?

It's easy for around half a dozen people to argue with solitary me.

There seems to be a snow-balling effect which makes it hard for me to respond to them.

One speaks about civilized debate, after so many guys posted uncivilized comments, but he was silent about them.

Another point was the definition of Car Enthusiast.

If we assume Supra_Natural's definition as correct then it is too narrow a definition for calling members of autoLanka.

I don't understand how Sri Lanka's pioneer Automobile e-magazine, became primarily for those so-called Car Enthusiasts. Though the word Automobile refers to a car, it is also used in a wider context to call any "self propelled road machine".

Finally it is evident that those hellraisers sabotaged what would have been a valuable thread for Maruti owners and Potential Maruti buyers.

Those Maruti-bashers may come up with further hair-splitting, but I will keep away from this forum since it increases my blood-pressure.

I hope to write up my experince with Maruti WagonR. Hope these Anti-Maruti cult will keep-off, at least then. :mellow:

I thought to add few things which I've went across last few months and seen here.

When I wanted to go for used Honda my father's and another 3 years happy Maruti Alto owner's suggestion was to go for Brand new Maruti.. But i'm not belong to the average car buyer (even with in my limited budget)

Even my colleges at office saw my Honda.. they said.. for that price you could've gone for Toyota corolla or Nissan FB15 with English numbers.. (3 managers with FB15, 1 with corolla) 4 engineers from different fields ( 1 wagonR, 1 Maruti Zen, 2 corollas).. and apart from above out of my colleges (say.. 15) and old friends who are at certain level in there career (say another 10) .. non of them visit AL.

Samishka, why i said above is to understand the how AL community behaves including me (what i noticed last 3 months).. no matter what you say about Maruti I can't made up my mind to buy a Maruti.. But that's not the case with Average user in Sri lanka. And as i said AL members are not representing average users opinions.. but more advanced opinion. Most of us can offered to 5 - 10 KMPL, drive with at least 75% time AC on, etc, etc. So how many average people in sri lanka you think can pump 5000 - 15000/20000 petrol per month???

So most of us will never understand why person who doesn't have much money and still need untouched brand new car go for Maruti, as we know a used corolla or sunny delivers better value.

And YES may be this is not the right place to talk about Maruti. (may be it's due to cheap marketing things A*W guys did.. )

Edited by MkX

However even before another Maruti Alto owner comes up with his own experience, the Anti-Maruti guys come into conclusion that this is cheap marketing and starts to have fun in a rude manner.(Jeremy Clarkson influence?)

Instead of letting Maruti owners sharing their experiences, these foul-mouths poked into this thread and started jabbering nonsense.

There seems to be a snow-balling effect which makes it hard for me to respond to them.

One speaks about civilized debate, after so many guys posted uncivilized comments, but he was silent about them.

If we assume Supra_Natural's definition as correct then it is too narrow a definition for calling members of autoLanka.

I don't understand how Sri Lanka's pioneer Automobile e-magazine, became primarily for those so-called Car Enthusiasts. Though the word Automobile refers to a car, it is also used in a wider context to call any "self propelled road machine".

Finally it is evident that those hellraisers sabotaged what would have been a valuable thread for Maruti owners and Potential Maruti buyers.

Those Maruti-bashers may come up with further hair-splitting, but I will keep away from this forum since it increases my blood-pressure.

I hope to write up my experince with Maruti WagonR. Hope these Anti-Maruti cult will keep-off, at least then. :mellow:

Yup bro.Some other Maruti User should have pointed out its cons,Ive not got my own car but still have 2 at Home and Im a Car Enthusiast.....Usually car enthusiast Dont buy a car that will just provide Transportation but They will go for a Car that Gives them driving pleasure.And most of the time car enthusiast will not be Keeping their Rides as they are,they will add something new . .Actually its not what they drive its Their Enthusiasm towards the Cars....

I Guess Im the Youngest AL member :D

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

how the hell cutting off in traffic and Drag Racing are the same ? :unsure: Drag Racing is actually real motor sport in the world, but it does not involve Indian chapithi tin cans and cutting across in traffic :rolleyes:

IF a chapathie tries Dragging It will Go off the Road and Hit something or probably Take the driver to Hell.

Can take a Ride to hell in a Maruti :D

You post about hair splitting just after one of the most split hair sentences i've ever seen in my life... That is indeed interesting. I could dissect this reply line by line because there is so much that calls for a response but instead i'll be brief (ish)

Point 1: The reason certain members started lobbing accusations of cheap marketing at people who praised Marutis was because a certain individual who shall remain nameless did exactly that... attempt a cheap marketing trick. Said member has suddenly vanished from the site shortly after it became clear that his attempt has failed. (another school of thought says he is very much active under a different user name... but I digress). It was unfortunately Thusi's bad luck that he decided to put up a thread sharing his positive experiences with a maruti immediately after that flame war.

Point 2: While it is true that certain members may have misunderstood the concept of civilized debate when responding to thusi (and I make no excuses for them, that was indeed out of line), the whole issue would have been averted if yourself and the other so called Maruti "Fan Men" didnt throw fuel on the fire by jumping up and down responding to EVERY SINGLE post, even the plainly idiotic ones. Sometimes it really does pay to turn the other cheek.

Point 3: On the definition of Enthusiast. Anybody who read my posts on that matter with an ounce of common sense instead of "raised blood pressure" will realize that at no point did I even SUGGEST that anyone was not welcome on autolanka. What I did say was that a large proportion of the members who are regularly active are infact car enthusiasts and as such that cars whose sole purpose in life is to get from A to B, whose makers wouldnt know the concepts of "Soul" or "Character" or "Driving Pleasure" even if they ran headlong into them, will naturally be viewed with a certain degree of disdain simply because we know that there are far more interesting choices around for the same money. So there was no need to get all touchy about that in the first place.

In conclusion. Autolanka is and always has been a site for everybody, Those of us who hang around here regularly take pride in the fact that we help each other (and anybody else who asks) out as best we can and have formed into our own little community. Differing opinions exist but somehow we manage to shake down together and co-exist (mostly anyway). The thing is people around here have learned that there are always going to be others who have views that are sometimes the complete opposite of what you may have. Therefore when someone with a "my way or the highway" attitude comes along we tend to have a little fun with them. No harm is intended and we certainly don't want people to leave the site because of a silly disagreement. Nonetheless if you want to do that it's your lookout mate, what with your blood pressure and all, but please dont lob false accusations of being "ganged up on". You just managed to infuriate a lot of people at once with your style of replying

So much for being brief....

Cheers!

Edited by Supra_Natural

If you read my posts really slowly and carefully you will see that I have never said that Alto is a "superb car" nor have I criticized any other car. Also, have I in any instance tried to defend Altos when others talked about lack of safety of lack of comfort ? Please check. I simply stated some stats I found myself. That's it.

Regarding the links to the Indian sites, there also, as I explained, I wanted to show the improvements in the newer/upcoming model when compared to older/existing Indian models we have. Those of you who took the effort to check them would've seen for yourselves. I never said they were the best cars or any such thing.

As per the forum disclaimer "...our forum is freely available to all members of the site ...", but just now only I came to understand that it is only for car enthusiasts, and not for those of us who own "cars whose primary purpose in life is simply to provide transport and nothing else, essentially cars that are interchangeable with domestic appliances" or "pappadams" and "boxes with wheels" as some called them. I apologize for posting my comments in this esteemed forum. BTW, this would not have continued this far had someone pointed this out in the first place that the forum is only for enthusiasts.

You post about hair splitting just after one of the most split hair sentences i've ever seen in my life... That is indeed interesting. I could dissect this reply line by line because there is so much that calls for a response but instead i'll be brief (ish)

Point 1: The reason certain members started lobbing accusations of cheap marketing at people who praised Marutis was because a certain individual who shall remain nameless did exactly that... attempt a cheap marketing trick. Said member has suddenly vanished from the site shortly after it became clear that his attempt has failed. (another school of thought says he is very much active under a different user name... but I digress). It was unfortunately Thusi's bad luck that he decided to put up a thread sharing his positive experiences with a maruti immediately after that flame war.

Point 2: While it is true that certain members may have misunderstood the concept of civilized debate when responding to thusi (and I make no excuses for them, that was indeed out of line), the whole issue would have been averted if yourself and the other so called Maruti "Fan Men" didnt throw fuel on the fire by jumping up and down responding to EVERY SINGLE post, even the plainly idiotic ones. Sometimes it really does pay to turn the other cheek.

Point 3: On the definition of Enthusiast. Anybody who read my posts on that matter with an ounce of common sense instead of "raised blood pressure" will realize that at no point did I even SUGGEST that anyone was not welcome on autolanka. What I did say was that a large proportion of the members who are regularly active are infact car enthusiasts and as such that cars whose sole purpose in life is to get from A to B, whose makers wouldnt know the concepts of "Soul" or "Character" or "Driving Pleasure" even if they ran headlong into them, will naturally be viewed with a certain degree of disdain simply because we know that there are far more interesting choices around for the same money. So there was no need to get all touchy about that in the first place.

In conclusion. Autolanka is and always has been a site for everybody, Those of us who hang around here regularly take pride in the fact that we help each other (and anybody else who asks) out as best we can and have formed into our own little community. Differing opinions exist but somehow we manage to shake down together and co-exist (mostly anyway). The thing is people around here have learned that there are always going to be others who have views that are sometimes the complete opposite of what you may have. Therefore when someone with a "my way or the highway" attitude comes along we tend to have a little fun with them. No harm is intended and we certainly don't want people to leave the site because of a silly disagreement. Nonetheless if you want to do that it's your lookout mate, what with your blood pressure and all, but please dont lob false accusations of being "ganged up on". You just managed to infuriate a lot of people at once with your style of replying

So much for being brief....

Cheers!

Please note:

1. I specifically stated that in my posts that they were my own experiences, and I also mentioned that I was aware that there were shortcomings in Indian Alto.

2. I was not aware of any 'cheap marketing' attempts for Maruti done by other forum members earlier or any such attempts on other parallel post threads

3. I am me :) I don't post anythings under other names

The ending of my last posting on Sep 23 2009, 04:44 PM was:

"I came to understand that it (AL forum) is only for car enthusiasts, and not for those of us who own cars whose primary purpose in life is simply to provide transport and nothing else..... I apologize for posting my comments in this esteemed forum. BTW, this would not have continued this far had someone pointed this out in the first place that the forum is only for enthusiasts."

Since that have stopped posting any comments, but decided to add this small note to emphasize the above 3 points.

Thanks.

Please note:

1. I specifically stated that in my posts that they were my own experiences, and I also mentioned that I was aware that there were shortcomings in Indian Alto.

2. I was not aware of any 'cheap marketing' attempts for Maruti done by other forum members earlier or any such attempts on other parallel post threads

"I came to understand that it (AL forum) is only for car enthusiasts, and not for those of us who own cars whose primary purpose in life is simply to provide transport and nothing else..... I apologize for posting my comments in this esteemed forum. BTW, this would not have continued this far had someone pointed this out in the first place that the forum is only for enthusiasts."

Since that have stopped posting any comments, but decided to add this small note to emphasize the above 3 points.

Thanks.

OT

you working at Cinnamon grand by any chance ?

Please note:

Thanks.

Just to clarify, nobody has accused you of posting under any other name mate, like i said in my previous post, it was merely your bad luck that you posted your experiences shortly after that particular thread. The person i am referring to operated under the handle of "Ek3"...

OT

you working at Cinnamon grand by any chance ?

Reason being, GihanFx and I have a mutual friend at Cinnamon who apparently knows someone working there, who apparently CLAIMS that a Tin-can Chapathi is FASTER off the line than ANY other car!!! :angry-smiley-048: Faster to get bogged down off the line would be more like it!

Boy would I LOVE to meet him at some traffic light!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by STi B4

Reason being, GihanFx and I have a mutual friend at Cinnamon who apparently knows someone working there, who apparently CLAIMS that a Tin-can Chapathi is FASTER off the line than ANY other car!!! :angry-smiley-048: Faster to get bogged down off the line would be more like it!

Boy would I LOVE to meet him at some traffic light!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

now even he work there hell say no :o

• 2 weeks later...