• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5.1 Surround Headphones For Gaming?

Ripper

Gulp! I'm sorry mate! But I think it's got an interesting career :) Btw you need a harddisk to play it apparently, :unsure: cause its 2 cd game.. Well that's what my friend said, he can't get the bonus cars or summin summin without a HD. .. :unsure:

didn't buy it yet mate...last minute change of heart i think it was a good one :)

apparetnly this bloody thing is region locked and the one that's available in play-asia in the asian version with NTSC-J

my console is a euro one with PAL but it can play region free NTSC as well...

bloody microsoft are bunch if idiots...PS3 has gone fully region free while these guys are making it difficult for us to buy stuff...

So instead...i'm gonna be buying modern warfare 2 when it's released.. it think tomorrow is the release date...

but i really want a racer on my 360 :(

got GT on the ps2 but now tired of the graphics :(

nah mate... want to keep the online play option open cos modding the firmware might get you banned from xbox live... :(

high price to pay for that though :(

i think the game is available for downloading in most popular torrent sites... for those with modded boxes

one of my buddies bought a xbox elite for online gaming and another second hand one from ebay and modded it to play the pirated copies...seemed like a looney idea at first but but bugger is getting so much gaming done than me who's stuck with precious few titles to play with,alas there is no way of doing the same for me cos the ps3 hasnt been cracked yet :( ...but a used xbox is a worthy inestment i would say cos most games coming out are multi platform nowadays.

Not that impressed with the graphics.. Quite dissapointed actually.

was the tv you played hi-def or normal?...the definition makes a world of differance when it comes to these modern games...i once took my ps3 to my neighbours place and played call of duty 5 and gta4 in full 1080p hi def on their 40" lcd panel...and the differance between that and my crappy tv was mind blowing...i'm now saving up to buy atleast a 24" one to play...

Edited by MasterDon

heh heh...yeah yeah... another 360 cracked and ready to pirate would be super!!! :)

anyways...havent given up on forza 3 fully just yet :)

found a few ebay auctions that sells PAL discs so if one falls within my price bracket...i'd buy it...

was the tv you played hi-def or normal?...the definition makes a world of differance when it comes to these modern games...i once took my ps3 to my neighbours place and played call of duty 5 and gta4 in full 1080p hi def on their 40" lcd panel...and the differance between that and my crappy tv was mind blowing...i'm now saving up to buy atleast a 24" one to play...

Well it was a PC monitor lcd. So yeah not hi def. But see my dissapointment is, the graphics are good! But the graphics on the cars!!! argh! I dunno if it's cause of the non HD screen, but the front grill of the STi 10 looked like it was a sheet. As in, the grill should have holes yeah? Not one could be visible! Same with the evo.. I dunno. The graphics are good, but for what was promised.. :unsure: But again with HD might make the diff as you said mate :)

Well it was a PC monitor lcd. So yeah not hi def. But see my dissapointment is, the graphics are good! But the graphics on the cars!!! argh! I dunno if it's cause of the non HD screen, but the front grill of the STi 10 looked like it was a sheet. As in, the grill should have holes yeah? Not one could be visible! Same with the evo.. I dunno. The graphics are good, but for what was promised.. :unsure: But again with HD might make the diff as you said mate :)

hmm there's only so much a hi-def can do...seems like a problem with he game itself...the online reviews are not that favoroble aswell...the thing is that GT5 developers has a mammoth 50Gb(bluray) of space to work with where as the forza 3 has about 5 gigs per dvd...so the forza's will always come in second when it comes to graphics...

Hope you guys listen to Virtual Haircut even though it's stereo track when it comes with the headphone it is almost real just like the 5.1 system placed in your room. So when it comes to headphones even well compiled stereo track can makes real 3D sounds

When I listen to Virtual haircut for the first time at office, i pointed one phone and shouted saying "Damn somebody pick that phone, i'm getting disturbed".. to see.. phone ring is part of the track it self.

Edited by MkX

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you guys listen to Virtual Haircut even though it's stereo track when it comes with the headphone it is almost real just like the 5.1 system placed in your room. So when it comes to headphones even well compiled stereo track can makes real 3D sounds

When I listen to Virtual haircut for the first time at office, i pointed one phone and shouted saying "Damn somebody pick that phone, i'm getting disturbed".. to see.. phone ring is part of the track it self.

oh yeah...that' super sound engineering :)

we've shown that to most of the audio and video production places we do out regular work with just to showcase what proper sound engineering can do...

but it only works when you have 2 or more speakers operating on different channels reaching your ears from multiple directions...

Forza3 update...

Just got it from the good ol postman :)

Couldn't find PAL version from most of the gaming sites so had to buy off ebay uk... Forza3 is region blocked so PAL region coded discs are a must if your box is from that region...

had to pay nearly 8 grand for the game and shipping so i hope it's worth all that! :angry-smiley-048:

that's like couple of months of beer funds thrown away on 2 dvd's :(

will do a test run when i get home and report back :)

If it's not good...i'm gonna sell the damn 360 and all the games and get a ps3! :angry-smiley-048:

oh yeah...that' super sound engineering :)

we've shown that to most of the audio and video production places we do out regular work with just to showcase what proper sound engineering can do...

but it only works when you have 2 or more speakers operating on different channels reaching your ears from multiple directions...

Forza3 update...

Just got it from the good ol postman :)

Couldn't find PAL version from most of the gaming sites so had to buy off ebay uk... Forza3 is region blocked so PAL region coded discs are a must if your box is from that region...

had to pay nearly 8 grand for the game and shipping so i hope it's worth all that! :angry-smiley-048:

that's like couple of months of beer funds thrown away on 2 dvd's :(

will do a test run when i get home and report back :)

If it's not good...i'm gonna sell the damn 360 and all the games and get a ps3! :angry-smiley-048:

make sure u keep it outta Jr's reach :D - i've seen what happens with cd's dvd's and exploring tykes - never ever good

yeah Dev

the jnr loves the controllers! when i play is usually give him the second controller with the batteries out! doesn't take him too long to realize what i've done :)

on Forza3

like VirenSTI was saying...the visuals aren't super great though it's leagues ahead from my GT3 on the ps2...

cockpit view too isn't very realistic cos even when you take a sharp turn, the drive dude only turns the wheel only a lil bit...

but in terms of a proper carrier mode and also simulation, it's one of the best, if not the best motor game i've played to date...

once you switch off all the driver assists like traction control, stability control, brake assists etc.....it's quite a challenging driving game :) real wheel driver cars are a pain to drive cos you gotta use the throttle also to take a turn and use the fishtailing effect to your advantage...

still in very early stages of the game but it looks to be a good investment :)

Ripper quick tip for ya. Next time, wait till Black Friday and buy games. Loads of titles going damn cheap on Amazon, prices like $5-10 or so.

thanks mate

have no clue what that is but will look it up :)

them region blocked games are the only issue cos my box is a euro one and if games are region blocked, i have to have the euro region disc or it wont run :(

luckily many folks are making region free games...

thanks mate

have no clue what that is but will look it up :)

them region blocked games are the only issue cos my box is a euro one and if games are region blocked, i have to have the euro region disc or it wont run :(

luckily many folks are making region free games...

Black Friday is the day after American Thanksgiving ( which was last Thurday).

yeah Dev

the jnr loves the controllers! when i play is usually give him the second controller with the batteries out! doesn't take him too long to realize what i've done :)

on Forza3

like VirenSTI was saying...the visuals aren't super great though it's leagues ahead from my GT3 on the ps2...

cockpit view too isn't very realistic cos even when you take a sharp turn, the drive dude only turns the wheel only a lil bit...

but in terms of a proper carrier mode and also simulation, it's one of the best, if not the best motor game i've played to date...

once you switch off all the driver assists like traction control, stability control, brake assists etc.....it's quite a challenging driving game :) real wheel driver cars are a pain to drive cos you gotta use the throttle also to take a turn and use the fishtailing effect to your advantage...

still in very early stages of the game but it looks to be a good investment :)

ela ripper,glad your enjoying it

as for me...i'm hoping to get MW2...i saw mani the other day playing it on psn...wonder if he'll care to give us a review :unsure:

meanwhile i got hold of metal gear solid 4...awesome game!...i cant believe i put off getting it till now...no wonder gamespot gave it 10 out of 10 :o

ela ripper,glad your enjoying it

as for me...i'm hoping to get MW2...i saw mani the other day playing it on psn...wonder if he'll care to give us a review :unsure:

meanwhile i got hold of metal gear solid 4...awesome game!...i cant believe i put off getting it till now...no wonder gamespot gave it 10 out of 10 :o

i was either gonna drop the money on F3 or MW2... since i still dont have proper web access at home and more importantly the time... went for F3...

most online reviews say that MW2 has a tiny single player campaign that can be beaten in a matter of hours...

started playing MW or MW1 on hard difficulty setting and it's heaps of fun :)

Another good game seem to be Dirt 2 :)

visuals seems to be better than F3...and i can't seem to find any dirt tracks on F3 :action-smiley-060: either they don't have it or it's in disc no 2 that i can't install

...imagine dealing with all of that in real life! :lol:

yeah the px series are excellent but mainly for portable use ne...for gaming you need somthing dishes out the bass...imo the best for gaming are wired supra-aural(closed cup) headphones...sennheiser HD series is the best at this,bose and sony are ok but cant even touch the senn.

ohh just saw came across this thread...

I got a PX 30 sometime back at Katu duty-free, sounds crisp, got it for 1800/=, there were many Sennheiser headsets, now i think i could have spent a bit more and gotten a bigger Sennheiser one, like a (closed cup) headphones

tried Dirt1 on the PC and it was virtually impossible to play! stunning degree of realism though

that's funny,i have it on the ps3 and it's almost too easy to control...it has that "arcady" feel to it...you using a joystick or the keyboard?

ohh just saw came across this thread...

I got a PX 30 sometime back at Katu duty-free, sounds crisp, got it for 1800/=, there were many Sennheiser headsets, now i think i could have spent a bit more and gotten a bigger Sennheiser one, like a (closed cup) headphones

yup a good pair of headphones are always a worthy investment...specially with the ipod,because the puny ear plugs that comes with it are shite...and contarary to popular belief almost all the mp3 players support even the most enormous headphone without any loss of volume or depth.

the earphone covers are coming undone! :( any ideas where i can find a replacement set for Senheissers in SL? :huh:

if anyone does it should be swedish trading audio visual...i doubt they sell spares though :unsure:

swedish trading audio visual pvt ltd

108,dharmaraja mawatha,col 7.

2699934-5

Hmm Try out the Phillps Infra wireless headphones - pretty decent though not 5.1 and they come with rechargeables. Also on the car games try out grid - the graphics are awesome but its impossible to play without a controller. Installation on PC is 2 dvd's !!