• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Decent Car For 2.3 To 2.5 Mill

nilakicha

Hi guys.

Further to the previous post for a decent small car/suv, I've been doing some checking around, and narrowed down the options to Vios, Civic ES8 - VTI, and Mazda Axela.

Vios goes without saying, so that is like a third preference.

Considering the Civic and Axela, on Driving fun, power, practicality - as a daily runner, fuel consumption, servicing and repairs, spares.

Civic too, I have a considerable idea on spares, servicing and consumption, but not so on the Axela.

Ive been checking out the following ads in the classifieds section.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=14876

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=9017

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=7906

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=9134

Last on the list is a Subaru Imprezza. Not so in line with the above list, but the price seems quite good, again, the question, consumption, and servicing. I believe since its a Japanese car, I wouldn't need to drag it to Senok all the time, or would that be the case?

Any help guys?? Urgently need to get myself a set of wheels, cos Im without wheels right now, and I so don't want to be compelled to go for a Vios.

Cheers.

Considering the Civic and Axela, on Driving fun, power, practicality - as a daily runner, fuel consumption, servicing and repairs, spares.

don't forget the axela gets bonus points for the aesthetics...IMO it's the best looking of the one's you've listed.

Most probably the honda vti and the vios would come with leather interior, which can be quite messy to own as discussed in previous threads. However it comes down to personal choice. The axela is a nice car, but due to market perceptions depreciation can be a bit higher than the previous two options

Subaru is for me a car i would appreciate but not own as it wont make a wise investment given the difficulty of liquidation and high depreciation compared to all of your other options

Have you considered the swift sports, toyota ist, nissan tiida (if ur fine with the aesthetics and can expand your budget by about 200k)?

Most probably the honda vti and the vios would come with leather interior, which can be quite messy to own as discussed in previous threads. However it comes down to personal choice. The axela is a nice car, but due to market perceptions depreciation can be a bit higher than the previous two options

Subaru is for me a car i would appreciate but not own as it wont make a wise investment given the difficulty of liquidation and high depreciation compared to all of your other options

Have you considered the swift sports, toyota ist, nissan tiida (if ur fine with the aesthetics and can expand your budget by about 200k)?

Swift sports is good but its too low and the undercarriage will scratch each and every time you go over a bump.IST has will have a less depreciation.Hate tida's Shape(Like a duck)

The swift sport's 1.6 engine produces 125bhp 0-60 in 11 secs(auto)

But if you buy it you will have to Use 95octane an also I think it would be not good on petrol(Correct me if im wrong)

So better go for an I.S.T in that case

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Hi guys.

Further to the previous post for a decent small car/suv, I've been doing some checking around, and narrowed down the options to Vios, Civic ES8 - VTI, and Mazda Axela.

I think you cant get the Axela for 2.5 Mill. It will cost more. I think you have to pay more $$$ for Axela.

I was advised by a friend to delay the purchase till around 2 months (which I really cant do :-( ) cos the budget MIGHT reduce prices of BN vehi's by as much as 1.5mill and 1mill for recon, n 2nd hand around 500k. Which is quite a significant drop.

Just heard from a feller selling a VTI bout an issue with suspension and gearbox. Any one knows bout this and how much it would be roughly to sort it out?

Btw, if a VTI has done over 100k km's, whats the best move around, without going for a over haul...

I was advised by a friend to delay the purchase till around 2 months (which I really cant do :-( ) cos the budget MIGHT reduce prices of BN vehi's by as much as 1.5mill and 1mill for recon, n 2nd hand around 500k. Which is quite a significant drop.

i seriously doubt it... when the government's pockets are going empty very unlikely that they'd say no to a nice big chunk of tax money that's coming in.

i seriously doubt it... when the government's pockets are going empty very unlikely that they'd say no to a nice big chunk of tax money that's coming in.

I think the argument was that they aren't actually making much money from these taxes any more, since they're so astronomically high that imports(of new and unreg vehicles) have almost completely dried up now. At least I think that was the theory :huh:

I think the argument was that they aren't actually making much money from these taxes any more, since they're so astronomically high that imports(of new and unreg vehicles) have almost completely dried up now. At least I think that was the theory :huh:

Exactly! Customs revenue which is a major source of income for the government has dropped by more than 50% during the last couple of years. And out of all revenues earned by the customs more than 50% accounts to the charges piled on vehicles imported. Since the import of vehicles dropped significantly revenues declined steadily.

Now the government wants more income, how else can they earn it other than taxing us? so I believe the budget will ease the restrictions on vehicle imports and try to earn a quick buck by the increased demand. But this is only going to be a short term solution and probably another Election Gundu.

If the issue of permits were done in a legit way this wouldnt have been a problem today. Thanks to that, the vehicle market crashed, trillions of rupees went outa the country in a short period and of course contributed to our trade deficit.

Exactly! Customs revenue which is a major source of income for the government has dropped by more than 50% during the last couple of years. And out of all revenues earned by the customs more than 50% accounts to the charges piled on vehicles imported. Since the import of vehicles dropped significantly revenues declined steadily.

Now the government wants more income, how else can they earn it other than taxing us? so I believe the budget will ease the restrictions on vehicle imports and try to earn a quick buck by the increased demand. But this is only going to be a short term solution and probably another Election Gundu.

If the issue of permits were done in a legit way this wouldnt have been a problem today. Thanks to that, the vehicle market crashed, trillions of rupees went outa the country in a short period and of course contributed to our trade deficit.

are you sure about this 50% coment mate? remember fuel is taxed prety high and we consume a hell of a lot of that.

i still find it hard to belive that there will be some serious consessions for vehicle imports in the next budget. there are so many other things the government can reduce taxes on, that'll have a major impact on the majority of the public.

but then again greed for power can overcome anything and everything. guess we just have to wait and see.

machang you may have to wait for more than 2 months for the effects of the new budget to come into play.

first a general election needs to take place. that's going to take atleast 2 months. after a governemnt is formed it'll take again about a month for them to finalize a budget. once it is produced it is debated in the parliment for about 1.5 months.

once the budget is approved its going to take another couple of months for the reviced prices to reflect in the market (specially if its a reduction in price) there are still a lot of unreg cars out there unsold. importers don't want to take the hit. what they do is balance out the price between old stock and new stock.

Righty, waiting on this budget this to turn around sounds near a fairy tale then huh.

Back to the purchase decision then, which circles around Vti/Axela/Vios.

Considering the budget, Axela seems a rarity. Vti's some how seems rare too... for some weird reason. Very few seen on sale now a days.

Any comments bout the question I asked earlier bout the overhaul situ on a Vti if its done more than 100k, and the suspension issue which so many keep talking about.

Righty, waiting on this budget this to turn around sounds near a fairy tale then huh.

Back to the purchase decision then, which circles around Vti/Axela/Vios.

Considering the budget, Axela seems a rarity. Vti's some how seems rare too... for some weird reason. Very few seen on sale now a days.

Any comments bout the question I asked earlier bout the overhaul situ on a Vti if its done more than 100k, and the suspension issue which so many keep talking about.

Overhaul at 200k, I can understand... but why at 100k+...? meaning the car is so badly used? too much revving ,etc?

Overhaul at 200k, I can understand... but why at 100k+...? meaning the car is so badly used? too much revving ,etc?

true, 100k is not overhaul, but maybe typical maintanance like t.belt and stuff maybe.

But anyway around how much would it cost for an average Honda engine overhaul/rebuild? If any of you guys have an experience....

true, 100k is not overhaul, but maybe typical maintanance like t.belt and stuff maybe.

But anyway around how much would it cost for an average Honda engine overhaul/rebuild? If any of you guys have an experience....

From what i've herd also you dont have to overhaul once 100k is done. What is recommended is to change the Timing Belt and stuff. And seriously if at all there is an overhaul to be done at what mileage should we do it? any recommendations?

From what i've herd also you dont have to overhaul once 100k is done. What is recommended is to change the Timing Belt and stuff. And seriously if at all there is an overhaul to be done at what mileage should we do it? any recommendations?

I have the same question and how much would it cost for an average Honda engine overhaul/rebuild? And what is a an engine overhaul, what are the stuff that should be repaired/replaced? :unsure:

I have the same question and how much would it cost for an average Honda engine overhaul/rebuild? And what is a an engine overhaul, what are the stuff that should be repaired/replaced? :unsure:

Well usually for petrol engined cars overhauls are done after 200k afaik.. Mostly you do it if the engine is burning oil/ very low on power (i.e compression leak)

Well this is to my knowledge what engine overhaul is,

Replacing pistons (if bad/burnt etc) replacing piston rings, boring the cylinders (sometimes ppl replace the entire sleeve and bore it) facing the head, changing gasket,checking crankshaft,checking/replacing bearings, changing water pump, belts. servicing alternator and starter motor (or replace depending on condition) checking power steering pump, oil pump.. Hmm that's all I can think of right now.. As to costs I'm not sure for Honda's. Maybe about 150k??? Not sure... :unsure:

Oh and usual tune up afterwards before the engine is run, cleaning injectors, replacing plugs,filters etc. And then of course engine break in, no revving high (past 2500-3000rpm) for the first 1000 or 1500 km's and then changing oil.. If the job is done properly you've basically got yourself a brandnew engine, which is easily worthy for about another 150-250k depending on driving style, maintainance etc :)