• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Sports Car?

madmax

Which one would you choose?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these cars would you choose?

• BMW M3
    • Nissan GTR
    • Porsche 911 Turbo
    • Maserati GranTurismo

err...why would that be the case?

purely based on how the two cars looks. the GTR is about performance first, and looks second, so its the enthusiast who'd appreciate it more. like a review once stated, its for the playstation generation. whereas GranTursimo is one of the best looking GTs in the world and has more sex appeal. its a very beautiful car, and anyone will appreciate it, especially the ladies!

The 911 for the Purist- pure tail flapping driving fun with a manual tranny- less gadgets, the noise, the tuner friendly options, reliability, the sound, vintage cult car looks :)

The 2007 onwards 911s come with PDK (Porsche talk for DSG), the GT3 is the only model to have just a manual tranny.

:) Besides, you already have a BMW..

That's a problem too, a garage full of bimmers would be boring....

Porsche is leading so far.

Edited by madmax

maserati by a loooooong way. that car looks and sounds so much better in person. that said about a car that looks extrmely good still in pictures. how often would the performance shorfall be noticed in real life unless you go on track days? given the right budget i'd buy a car that puts a smile on my face everytime than a car that carry better numbers/practical/low key.

purely based on how the two cars looks. the GTR is about performance first, and looks second, so its the enthusiast who'd appreciate it more. like a review once stated, its for the playstation generation. whereas GranTursimo is one of the best looking GTs in the world and has more sex appeal. its a very beautiful car, and anyone will appreciate it, especially the ladies!

machang when you say gtr will be liked by fanboys...that's a little offensive.

see...the term fanboy is meant for folks who like stuff beyond rational reasons and diss other makes etc...

it's like a bugger who owns canon camera dissing nikons cos without knowing much about the latter.

a person like that is a canon fanboy...at least that's my understanding

so saying GTR is only liked by fanboys is a bit harsh to say the least.

• Like 1

Seen these videos many times. I know the M3 came out on top in the Car and Driver Review.

But would it really make sense to own a 335i, a M3 and quite possibly an X3?

Seen these videos many times. I know the M3 came out on top in the Car and Driver Review.

Well you could always upgrade the 335i to a M3 and let the wife have the X3 I suppose?

[Oh and a X3? How come? Why not a Q5 or a RDX? I haven't driven a Q5 2.0T yet; but its getting rave reviews and the RDX is certainly worth a test drive- its got super on-road manners and has a very sporty feel to it...]

Edited by Kavvz

In that case, probably not!! :D Life will be just too "bavarian"..

Cmon, go crazy, get the Maserati... you're gonna have to fight off them chicks with a bat... :D

• Like 1

Voted for the Maserati as the 'weekend car'. Its a classic italian beauty and arguably the best soundtrack. But if it was one car as everyday cruiser and weekend bruiser; 911 Turbo followed by M3.

Well you could always upgrade the 335i to a M3 and let the wife have the X3 I suppose?

[Oh and a X3? How come? Why not a Q5 or a RDX? I haven't driven a Q5 2.0T yet; but its getting rave reviews and the RDX is certainly worth a test drive- its got super on-road manners and has a very sporty feel to it...]

I went to the launch event of the new X3 and had the opportunity to compare and test drive the X3 35i (same motor as the 335i with even better fuel economy) and all its rivals - (Merc GLK, Audi Q5, Lexus RX and some shitty Cadillac) The X3 was a clear winner to me. And yes, it's the wife who want the X3. I'de like to keep the 335i or trade that in for a 335d as the daily driver, and make a 3rd car something a little 'special' :rolleyes:

Edited by madmax

What about a used Aston Martin or a Ferrari or a Jag? They're kind of special cars after all :)

Looking at this stuff is quite sad, it's just barely over SL econobox money...

I'm not a big Jag fan. Yes can get a used Aston Martin for the same money. Not a Ferrari though too exotic.