• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

1 hour ago, matroska said:

This would be a Magnetti Marelli transmission (selespeed?) 

so I'm guessing Fiat... Punto?

Yup this strange shifting pattern is for a Magnetti Marelli box. At first glance, one would wonder where the D is!

Many Fiats, Alfas and some Chinese and Indian cars came with this box but this specific knob is from the Punto, so you are perfectly correct.

14 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Punto, so you are perfectly correct.

Well the Punto was a bit of a guess - I recalled a thread on AL some time back  on the Punto where  the Magneti Marelli sourced gearboxes were discussed. 

Anyway - here's the next one. 

image.png.f394072f18668f70ef9a524f9600100d.png

49 minutes ago, matroska said:

Well the Punto was a bit of a guess - I recalled a thread on AL some time back  on the Punto where  the Magneti Marelli sourced gearboxes were discussed. 

Anyway - here's the next one. 

image.png.f394072f18668f70ef9a524f9600100d.png

Is it Isuzu TXD lorry ? Remember most were in identical blue.  

1 hour ago, GK_007 said:

Is it Isuzu TXD lorry ? Remember most were in identical blue.  

Yes indeed! I had to find one that was not blue. There's very little information on the internet for the Isuzu lorries  - and most of the photos/posts are from South Asia and Africa. Remember that Hammond and Clarkson both drove TX's in the Top Gear Burma Special.  

Anyways - over to you. 

image.png.73b00f13aca9b7b02df8718f34332194.png

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GK_007 said:

Something common, yet so rare. 

image.png.8d6e62bf8b0e7ec3184d321e1706d338.png

才 and 彩..making it Sai :)

才 : Pronounced sai Advanced intelligence/Technology, Talent/Skill

彩 : Pronounced sai : Chique, Stylish (and depending on context..beautiful/colorful/etc..)

So the car was given the name Sai to symbolize both Kanji characters (才 and 彩)

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

才 and 彩..making it Sai :)

才 : Pronounced sai Advanced intelligence/Technology, Talent/Skill

彩 : Pronounced sai : Chique, Stylish (and depending on context..beautiful/colorful/etc..)

So the car was given the name Sai to symbolize both Kanji characters (才 and 彩)

I knew you will get it :) And that's interesting. Wiki says it actually shares the same platform as Lexus HS. 

Just now, GK_007 said:

I knew you will get it :) And that's interesting. Wiki says it actually shares the same platform as Lexus HS. 

Yes...which shares the same platform as every other (well most) sedans of the segment...the New MC Platform...so the Prius, RAV4, Mark X ZIO (FWD MPV that had nothing to do with the Mark X), Harrier; Lexus HS, CT, NX...the list goes on actually...even some generations of the Alphard and the Vellfire used the same platform in an extended/wide body format. (MC stands for Medium Compact)

Okay..here is the next one....the reflection of the gear lever on the light strip should give it away...

Featured 2004 Toyota Mark X 300G Premium S Package at J-Spec Imports

16 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes...which shares the same platform as every other (well most) sedans of the segment...the New MC Platform...so the Prius, RAV4, Mark X ZIO (FWD MPV that had nothing to do with the Mark X), Harrier; Lexus HS, CT, NX...the list goes on actually...even some generations of the Alphard and the Vellfire used the same platform in an extended/wide body format. (MC stands for Medium Compact)

Okay..here is the next one....the reflection of the gear lever on the light strip should give it away...

Featured 2004 Toyota Mark X 300G Premium S Package at J-Spec Imports

Mark X ? 

2 minutes ago, GK_007 said:

Mark X ? 

Yupp ! That was fast...

It was called the "Large Ceiling Illumination" came standard for the 300G Premium and 300G trims and was an option for the 250G L Package and S Package (a 50,000yen option). It created a nice moonlit like glow (Toyota claimed it was suppose to mimic the moon light through the gentle forest leaves..)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

K. Here we go, then. Something different taken from my insta feed: Bonus marks for whoever can recognize the actress in the picture...

Screenshot_20201031-094230_Instagram.jpg

The car would be a Hyundai Stellar? No idea about the actress though.  

2 hours ago, matroska said:

The car would be a Hyundai Stellar? No idea about the actress though.  

Hyundai Stellar for the win!

(I always liked those boxy Hyundai's. A pity that we don't see too many around these days. They probably don't last as long as their Jap counter-parts I guess.... And I forget who the actress was as well to be honest-This was from some days ago) 

Over to you @matroska , you have the floor...

Edited by Kavvz

8 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Hyundai Stellar for the win!

(I always liked those boxy Hyundai's. A pity that we don't see too many around these days. They probably don't last as long as their Jap counter-parts I guess.... And I forget who the actress was as well to be honest-This was from some days ago) 

Over to you @matroska , you have the floor...

The Stellar was designed by Italdesign if I remember correctly and was a good looking car. Probably the first Korean to become popular here? That picture is probably from the early 90s so whoever the actress is would be in her 30s?

Anyways this is the next one which is quite easy: just for varieties sake guess the car and for bonus points the book it's from..

SmartSelect_20201103-080002_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, matroska said:

The Stellar was designed by Italdesign if I remember correctly and was a good looking car. Probably the first Korean to become popular here? That picture is probably from the early 90s so whoever the actress is would be in her 30s?

Anyways this is the next one which is quite easy: just for varieties sake guess the car and for bonus points the book it's from..

Definitely reminiscent of TinTin artwork

3 hours ago, matroska said:

Humber Snipe? 

59 minutes ago, MaleCortana said:

Definitely reminiscent of TinTin artwork

Yes it is from Tintin. 

38 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Humber Snipe? 

No unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Peugeot 203, the book I believe is Castafiore Emerald. And next to it is a Vw Beetle I think. 

Correct Gummybr - it's a Pug 203 and the book is actually the Calculus Affair. 

image.thumb.png.5197aacb42cc9aa7ca024fbd80070616.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, matroska said:

Yes it is from Tintin. 

No unfortunately. 

Correct Gummybr - it's a Pug 203 and the book is actually the Calculus Affair. 

image.thumb.png.5197aacb42cc9aa7ca024fbd80070616.png

I thought it came off the rally that Jolly on Wagg had the end of one of the books.

Somebody take my turn

Edited by Gummybr