• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place To Install Ccfl Angel Eyes Halo Rings On Headlights

JayZ

Guys pls help me to find a good place to install CCFL Angel Eyes Halo Rings on headlights. I got this kit off EBay and need to know a reliable place who can install them without messing up the electronics. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

Guys pls help me to find a good place to install CCFL Angel Eyes Halo Rings on headlights. I got this kit off EBay and need to know a reliable place who can install them without messing up the electronics. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

dunno any experts for this exact job, but you can try the headlight cleaning joints. since they can neatly take apart the headlights which is the hard part, gluing the rings and taking the wires out of the housing would not be that hard once you explain them what to do.

afaik there are no electronics to be messed up, just that u need to join the wires to the parking bulb's wires. i don't think you'll need to change the fuses cuz you'll be using the halos instead of the parking bulbs anyway.

dunno any experts for this exact job, but you can try the headlight cleaning joints. since they can neatly take apart the headlights which is the hard part, gluing the rings and taking the wires out of the housing would not be that hard once you explain them what to do.

afaik there are no electronics to be messed up, just that u need to join the wires to the parking bulb's wires. i don't think you'll need to change the fuses cuz you'll be using the halos instead of the parking bulbs anyway.

Tnx buddy, yap thats what i also thought. These rings also come with 2 HID ballasts. And i already have 2 more for the HID kit already installed. Powering 4 ballasts would cause any problem ?

Tnx buddy, yap thats what i also thought. These rings also come with 2 HID ballasts. And i already have 2 more for the HID kit already installed. Powering 4 ballasts would cause any problem ?

umm i don't think those inverters will draw much current like the hids (the red/black wires are not that thick isn't it?). but better check the wattage of those units before connecting them to the parking light's circuit.

• 5 weeks later...

Congrads on the job. But definetly a bad colour choice. Your car, its colour and the interior (assuming its beige) doesn't really go with blue colour, or for that matter angel eyes it self IMHO. A Nice HID kit if you really like one, would be a good choice.

But hey its your car. i personally don't try to modify euro's too much on the aesthetics. They generally look great just the way they are

Agree with you all with the color. :( Bad choice. Bright white would have been ideal. :) Anyways it doesn't look awkward in real. Photos don't do the justice. Planing to get a 6000k HID kit for low beams and LED hi beams. Then it would look appealing with the blue halo.

Damn Adv@#e guys quoted me frekkin 18k for the job. Just to install the rings and to clean the headlights. I burst laugh at their shop and said ill contact later. blood suckers. I could have replaced the whole light set with bit more bucks :D :D.

I got it all done for 3.5k. Decently done.

Agree with you all with the color. :( Bad choice. Bright white would have been ideal. :) Anyways it doesn't look awkward in real. Photos don't do the justice. Planing to get a 6000k HID kit for low beams and LED hi beams. Then it would look appealing with the blue halo.

Damn Adv@#e guys quoted me frekkin 18k for the job. Just to install the rings and to clean the headlights. I burst laugh at their shop and said ill contact later. blood suckers. I could have replaced the whole light set with bit more bucks :D :D.

I got it all done for 3.5k. Decently done.

'JayZ,

There are LED White light strips you can buy them in shops at 1st Cross street but they will not get the same effect as Angel lights they will light one by one very closely round your H/L or Fog lamp can even paste them on to your side Mirrors use blue color as car under light only to come up with head lights.

Cost of same will be few hundred rupees get a auto electrician to fix them.further help please send a reply to this post as I have fitted them to my vehicle.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'JayZ,

There are LED White light strips you can buy them in shops at 1st Cross street but they will not get the same effect as Angel lights they will light one by one very closely round your H/L or Fog lamp can even paste them on to your side Mirrors use blue color as car under light only to come up with head lights.

Cost of same will be few hundred rupees get a auto electrician to fix them.further help please send a reply to this post as I have fitted them to my vehicle.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

can you not read? he already has them installed.What part of your vehicle ghasn't been modified by you? sure sounds like a big pile of crap that's falling apart.

'JayZ,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Tnx Sylvi,

Yap i have seen those strips. No offence on u but those wont do any good bro. Looks very cheap to me. Yes i have seen them even on Monteros but i will not consider that option. also if u want neons go for proper neons or there are LED strips with those big LEDs which gives a much brighter and decent look than these strips. Try Ebay. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

Tnx Sylvi,

Yap i have seen those strips. No offence on u but those wont do any good bro. Looks very cheap to me. Yes i have seen them even on Monteros but i will not consider that option. also if u want neons go for proper neons or there are LED strips with those big LEDs which gives a much brighter and decent look than these strips. Try Ebay. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

'JayZ',

Thanks for your reply.You are correct I just posted the cheap alternative.As for me I do all modifications my self so I look for most cheapest way to do and I wanted to share with others.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi, does anyone knows a place i can get LEDs like this? not those tiny strips

These doesn't look like after market LED's bro. Must be stock which came with the car. But u can get these LED driving lights off Ebay. Cheap and will be shipped within 10 days. Those are not the tiny strips.

Check these links,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m656&item=220837346586&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D2195830770955682353

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEAP-LED-DAYLIGHT-DAY-RUNNING-LIGHT-LED-LAMP-BRIGHT-/200643490308?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb748b204#ht_3006wt_1165

These arnt the cheapest. But just dig more. U could find a good one for like less than $10. :angry-smiley-048:

• 9 years later...

Guys, I have seen in certain cars, the original glass headlights are replaced by plastic headlights and installed halo rings in them. Are there places that makes headlights like the original and fit in halo's in them? I have seen bluebirds, vios's and civics with halo rights and replaced lights. For an example see this image below of a bluebird U13. As far as I know this is not the original headlight of the bluebird u13, so the lights are replaced with plastic case and halo's inside. Saw a 91 civis advertised today in the other site and it has the same set of custom lights. called them fellow to ask and he didn't want to tell me how he got them. So question is are there places that make these kinda lights or?

3.PNG

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Guys, I have seen in certain cars, the original glass headlights are replaced by plastic headlights and installed halo rings in them. Are there places that makes headlights like the original and fit in halo's in them? I have seen bluebirds, vios's and civics with halo rights and replaced lights. For an example see this image below of a bluebird U13. As far as I know this is not the original headlight of the bluebird u13, so the lights are replaced with plastic case and halo's inside. Saw a 91 civis advertised today in the other site and it has the same set of custom lights. called them fellow to ask and he didn't want to tell me how he got them. So question is are there places that make these kinda lights or?

3.PNG

AFAIK, some people buy the ebay/Taiwanese headlights that come with projector beams on a smoked headlight cover... these ususally cost around 40+K for the pair when imported, But personally i think the OEM/JDM lights look a lot better on some cars rather than these retro headlights, its ultimately a matter of opinion tbh. Furthermore, some of these aftermarket lights dont disperse the beam properly and sometimes are   just all over the place compared to the light spread of the OEM lights. Later civics had OEM crystal lights with the projector and some people just imported these and then smoked them to have a simillar look (I had a friend who did this, it costed more than importing Taiwanese headlights) 

Second is what most these motorcyle guys do, its more of a DIY project to buy the projector beam, then cut the headlight housing and fit this projector light that comes with the halo rings, its around 6K a piece and 12K a pair. Thing is once again you need to do a hell of a lot of experimentation to make sure your new retrofit has a proper light beam that is properly spread out to help you see the road and also not blinding people driving by. Not sure if there is a place that does the fitting, but the auto accesory shops down darley road sell this projector beam light assembly. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HaeylM said:

AFAIK, some people buy the ebay/Taiwanese headlights that come with projector beams on a smoked headlight cover... these ususally cost around 40+K for the pair when imported, But personally i think the OEM/JDM lights look a lot better on some cars rather than these retro headlights, its ultimately a matter of opinion tbh. Furthermore, some of these aftermarket lights dont disperse the beam properly and sometimes are   just all over the place compared to the light spread of the OEM lights. Later civics had OEM crystal lights with the projector and some people just imported these and then smoked them to have a simillar look (I had a friend who did this, it costed more than importing Taiwanese headlights) 

Second is what most these motorcyle guys do, its more of a DIY project to buy the projector beam, then cut the headlight housing and fit this projector light that comes with the halo rings, its around 6K a piece and 12K a pair. Thing is once again you need to do a hell of a lot of experimentation to make sure your new retrofit has a proper light beam that is properly spread out to help you see the road and also not blinding people driving by. Not sure if there is a place that does the fitting, but the auto accesory shops down darley road sell this projector beam light assembly. 

ah right, thanks for the explanation mate. 

7 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

You can buy the housing off on AliExpress, there is the exact same housing as per this image on AliExpress 

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1045972 Here's the biggest company that sells them.

Not sure what the process of fixing them is but I'm sure they linked a DIY video