• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car For 2.5 Million To 3 Million

kasun111

Question

Guys,

I'm thinking of buying a new ride. Preferred Budget 2.5 - 3.0 (max), prefer around 2.7.

Travels average 400 - 600 km per month

Hardly travel on city traffic conditions. Mostly on urban, sub urban roads. Road condition mostly good. Sometime need to travel in poorly maintained roads, for trips etc.

Previous car FB 15 1500cc. (Expecting more comfort)

Prefer Auto gear..

Comfort - 8 / 10 (Less bumpy, need to have good shock absorbers, some times need to travel in bit rough roads and roads with pot holes)

Less maintenance cost - 6/ 10 (Less maintenance frequency, wont mind high part cost)

Acceleration - 8 / 10 (Prefer to maintain speeds around 80 - 110 when not in city limits, expects good acceleration)

Fuel economy - 7 /10 (Good to Decent is enough )

Re sell value - 5 / 10 (No significant decrease in price)

Read the forum and found the following

1. Toyota corolla 122 luxel 2001 - Seems to be good.. But 2001 for that price?

2. Honda Fir GE6 2008/09 - Seems to be good..heard its spacy compared to other hatchbacks (Don't like hatch backs much).. What about comfort compared to others?

3. Honda civic es5 2004 - Beautiful.. Fuel economy? (Is it CVT ? )

4. Honda civc es1 2003 - CVT issues?

5. mazda axela 2003 - fuel economy?

6. Honda fit aria 2005 - don't know much about this.

7. Toyota 121 , 1.3 Manual 2005/6

9. Toyota 121 LX/ LX limited - 2002

10. Toyota 121 G - 2000

What do you think the best one to suit my needs? Expecting you expert opinion..

Ran a Jazz/Fit for 7 years. Excellent fuel economy. Totally reliable - in 7 years = 1 battery, 1 set of rear wheel bearings, 1 windscreen. Underpowered on open road. Choppy ride at times. Interior space is amazing. CVT a bit of a worry as these cars get older. Tranny really responds to regular fluid changes.

Guys,

I'm thinking of buying a new ride. Preferred Budget 2.5 - 3.0 (max), prefer around 2.7.

Travels average 400 - 600 km per month

Hardly travel on city traffic conditions. Mostly on urban, sub urban roads. Road condition mostly good. Sometime need to travel in poorly maintained roads, for trips etc.

Previous car FB 15 1500cc. (Expecting more comfort)

Prefer Auto gear..

Comfort - 8 / 10 (Less bumpy, need to have good shock absorbers, some times need to travel in bit rough roads and roads with pot holes)

Less maintenance cost - 6/ 10 (Less maintenance frequency, wont mind high part cost)

Acceleration - 8 / 10 (Prefer to maintain speeds around 80 - 110 when not in city limits, expects good acceleration)

Fuel economy - 7 /10 (Good to Decent is enough )

Re sell value - 5 / 10 (No significant decrease in price)

Read the forum and found the following

1. Toyota corolla 122 luxel 2001 - Seems to be good.. But 2001 for that price?

2. Honda Fir GE6 2008/09 - Seems to be good..heard its spacy compared to other hatchbacks (Don't like hatch backs much).. What about comfort compared to others?

3. Honda civic es5 2004 - Beautiful.. Fuel economy? (Is it CVT ? )

4. Honda civc es1 2003 - CVT issues?

5. mazda axela 2003 - fuel economy?

6. Honda fit aria 2005 - don't know much about this.

7. Toyota 121 , 1.3 Manual 2005/6

9. Toyota 121 LX/ LX limited - 2002

10. Toyota 121 G - 2000

What do you think the best one to suit my needs? Expecting you expert opinion..

'Kasun111',

You had given wide variety of vehicles in your required list. out of all I still think you go for any make like Honda civic or Honda

HRV you can buy within your 3M or less.They are comfortable vehicles to my opinion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Since u are only doing 500km per month its not a big millage, which means even after 2 or 3 years you would not add up much millage on the car. BUt if you have a old car this will off set that benifit, when it comes to re sale value. So u are better off with a new model. Also manual will be better on fuel + less repairs and maintenance cost. So if I were you I would go for option 7 (7. Toyota 121 , 1.3 Manual 2005/6 )

Hey dude,

Go for an Axela or 3 becoz everyone is hanging around Toyota.But Toyota is only famous in Sri Lanka.But around the world everyone prefer buying Nissan or Mazda as they are far more beyond than Toyotas.So my suggestion is to buy an Axela or 3.The car has a great look beyond it's YOM.I think even Allion can't be compared with an Axela.Go for Tiptronic one.Axio is not just a car if you compare it with an axela.But everyone boasts that Axio is the best car.But Axela is ahead in every way than a car in your price range.I has a superior acceleration and also comfortable than a Corolla.But the fuel consumption is a little lesser than Corolla 121.Though you travel about 500-600kilometers per month i think axela is the best one in your price range,becoz mazda is built for heavey work and durability.So my selection is Axela.

• Like 1

Experts, nedd your advice in proposing an offer to a 2004 honda civic es5. Before the budget change, it ranged between 2.7 to 3.0 Mil, but after the budget, i am a bit confused.

The car is in great shape and has done 80,000km+ and a black vehicle with the body kit. The owner is asking for 3.3 Mil. is it worth it? would appreciate your support. Thanks!!

My guess is you should be able to still get it for around Rs 3 Mn , if you negotiate well.... but if the vehicle is in very good condition and well looked after, its worth paying a premium ( Even Rs 200k more is ok).

The second hand market does not instantly go up, it will take a few more weeks before it happens. Although people start quoting higher there is always someone trying to sell it off at a lower price.. ( for example if a guy is going for a new car, he will want to snatch it up sooner so will sell the old one at a loss without haggling too much.)

Experts, nedd your advice in proposing an offer to a 2004 honda civic es5. Before the budget change, it ranged between 2.7 to 3.0 Mil, but after the budget, i am a bit confused.

The car is in great shape and has done 80,000km+ and a black vehicle with the body kit. The owner is asking for 3.3 Mil. is it worth it? would appreciate your support. Thanks!!

In my opinion 3.3mill seems a bit high...Im sure if u look around you will be able to find something for much less....

go 4 a corolla..121 G grade<japan>..1500cc..confatable,good accelaration,good future market than honda and mazda...luxel edition is good,but i think it is not a economical car..cuz it comez with 1800cc dual vvti engine..

Whats with the Corolla marketing? You trying to sell one? It smells like you created a new id to try and come here and sell cars. Not a bright idea.

Hi All,

I am also having a budget within this range. Max will be 3.2Mn.

According to resent search I found following options. Please advise me. I dont have any good understanding about different models of below cars (like Years)

I am a daily traveler within colombo. So Im having fuel consumption concern as others, as well as maintenance cost too.

Toyota Yaris, Belta, 121

Honda FIT ARIA

I like sedan type and i am traveling around 700 to 850 KMs per month.

Looking forward your advices.

Thank you.

Hi All,

According to resent search I found following options. Please advise me. I dont have any good understanding about different models of below cars (like Years)

I am a daily traveler within colombo. So Im having fuel consumption concern as others, as well as maintenance cost too.

Toyota Yaris, Belta, 121

Honda FIT ARIA

Thank you.

Buy a low mileage 121 with service records. Go for the newest one you can find. Yaris and Belta are newer but the 121 is a bigger and more comfortable car with no penalty in economy. Try to buy one directly from an owner who has looked after it and you'll be well sorted.

Hi All,

Toyota Yaris, Belta, 121

Honda FIT ARIA

Thank you.

The 121. but only a G Limited version.

the yaris is a bit cheap build.

the Honda Fit aria is also good but do luck some interior space, specially with 5 people on board.

From a person who uses a Toyota 121 there is no car better considering value for money. Its cheap to run and maintain and a very strong car. Try to find a manual. Its even more cheaper to run and maintain. Also the re-sale value only gets better.

He may have probably bought a car from that list now, that post is nearly 10 months old :)

• Like 1