• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

also got this, its a biatch to clutch balance with the dash mounted e brake. went a little fancy and got a hydraulic handbrake. you never know when it'll come in handy...

galkissa drift? :D

in9z.jpg

Damn, cool!

I'm assuming that the existing hydraulics will have to be tapped onto to get this baby working, right?

Edited by Davy

changing the colour, i am. the existing blue is a little dated. working on something really cool. but i wont tell :)

We all know that you would comeup with a marvelous result for sure. Awaiting to see it.. Good luck mate. :)

I'm guessing six months. Was gonna tie a bit ribbon around it and have it dropped at castle street hospital for wife's b'day. No chance. Going this weekend to pick up the interior and hand it to deen's. the strut bar, steering, lights and another quarter panel badge will be shipped out of Japan tomorrow. Dual carbs left Australia today

I'm guessing six months. Was gonna tie a bit ribbon around it and have it dropped at castle street hospital for wife's b'day. No chance. Going this weekend to pick up the interior and hand it to deen's. the strut bar, steering, lights and another quarter panel badge will be shipped out of Japan tomorrow. Dual carbs left Australia today

machan how you get them shipped here? Any special courier?

machan how you get them shipped here? Any special courier?

the japanese stuff i get from a third party handler: fromjapan.co.jp. they offer an excellent service. they bid on your behalf on yahoo japan, rakuten, and other japanese auction sites, buy the item, get it shipped over to their warehouses, and bundle multiple packages (they will hold it for 30 days til other stuff arrive) and send it via air courier, freight or sea freight. reasonable prices. they also let you either mark the item as a gift, or value it for customs as you wish (you can value it at 2 yen per item even, but then insurance will cover only that) the package i last shipped, with the strut, steering, lights and badge was 11,000Y by air freight (EMS), 8,000 by japanese air mail (SAL) and 4000 by sea freight. DHL was 40,000 yen. EMS and DHL are insured and trackable. package was 10.5kg

the twin carbs, a friedn of mine picked up from the warehouse in adelaide (which, luckily for me, was 10 minutes from his house) he sent it by sea freight via trico. bugger was nice enough to foot the bill. so dunno how much it would have cost

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 1

The interior went to deens today. Getting the front seats completely redone in black with perforated rexin inlays and gold double herringbone stitch. Rear seats as well. And the door trim.

And I'd like to thank VVTi for his support in transporting all that junk. I owe you one, Bro.

• Like 1