• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Highest Mileage Vehicle You Have Seen

dpbatagoda

It should be noted of course that doing a couple of hundred thousand km in our conditions is pretty much equivalent to over a million in a country with great roads.

Good thought.. The number of engine revolutions required in our country to move a car a 100,000 kms is much higher than in a country with a good highway system. Hence the term "engine mileage".

Members.

I did more than 800000 miles. For twenty years, CN 7075. “SKODA" car 1950 imported new to Ceylon. Until new Japanese build vehicles arrived to Sri lanka.

If I had this car today the car will be a classic car. There are 2 "SKODA"cars still used by a very famous car renter for wedding hires.

I thought I will add the history of this car

Made in “Czechoslovakia” post 2nd world war model. I used from year 1962 to 1984. Overhauled the engine 4 times with new sleeves and pistons. At last the agents had imported high quality sleeves and Hepolite pistons. I rebuild the engine with them lasted for last 300000 miles until I sold same. I maintained very well because I did plenty of work around Ceylon.

This car was presented to Church after the death of my aunty as for her last will, Church refused to take the car. Church wanted the money. I was informed by my cousin to help to sell same. I got the car valued by Automobile Association. Money Deposited to courts. RMV issued a Certificate to use a vehicle on the consequent death of the registered owner. I used the car for number of years then got RMV to register same in my name after the court proceedings was over.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

My Discovery has done 312k now and ticking along fine. This is not in SL roads though. Considering the fact that it had a number of minor niggles + oil leaks when I got it, I don’t think the engine was ever overhauled or touched.

I only replaced the big end bearing at the 300tdi, and the old lump has still got plenty life left. The gear box was busted and replaced however. This, together with the sorry state of rear suspension bushes, tells me that the old girl probably has done a lot of towing in the past.

I intend to hit half a million km`s without an engine rebuild, will see how it goes. :D Hopefully the head gasket wont give up.!

• 2 years later...
The distance to the moon is 384,400km (according to Google) so most vehicles mentioned here have actually covered a distance that is equivalent to traveling to the moon! :sport-smiley-004:

:D Lot of machines mentions here able to cover up and down distance to moon

There is this story where people say Toyotas tend to have an overclocked odo, so they show higher mileages than they run to show off their durability,

any views?

Members.

I did more than 800000 miles. For twenty years, CN 7075. “SKODA" car 1950 imported new to Ceylon. Until new Japanese build vehicles arrived to Sri lanka.

If I had this car today the car will be a classic car. There are 2 "SKODA"cars still used by a very famous car renter for wedding hires.

I thought I will add the history of this car

Made in “Czechoslovakia” post 2nd world war model. I used from year 1962 to 1984. Overhauled the engine 4 times with new sleeves and pistons. At last the agents had imported high quality sleeves and Hepolite pistons. I rebuild the engine with them lasted for last 300000 miles until I sold same. I maintained very well because I did plenty of work around Ceylon.

This car was presented to Church after the death of my aunty as for her last will, Church refused to take the car. Church wanted the money. I was informed by my cousin to help to sell same. I got the car valued by Automobile Association. Money Deposited to courts. RMV issued a Certificate to use a vehicle on the consequent death of the registered owner. I used the car for number of years then got RMV to register same in my name after the court proceedings was over.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr. Sylvi,

800K miles in 20 years is 175km a day if you were a daily runner. {(800,000 miles x 8/5)/20x365}. What were you doing with your SKODA in 1950's? were you running a "Paan" bakery and distributing Bread from Colombo to Galle?

Edited by GQ_Over_MQ

Mr. Sylvi,

800K miles in 20 years is 175km a day if you were a daily runner. {(800,000 miles x 8/5)/20x365}. What were you doing with your SKODA in 1950's? were you running a "Paan" bakery and distributing Bread from Colombo to Galle?

Mr Silvi was last active on this forum on Sep 19 2014 05:48 PM i doubt you will get an answer to this question

They are old Ford lorries modified to Transport Kapiri (Black) soldiers to and fro in Sri Lanka during the Second World War times.

A few are still in existence and ply on some of the roads which are not covered by public transport services due to very poor conditions of the roads.

• Like 1

They are old Ford lorries modified to Transport Kapiri (Black) soldiers to and fro in Sri Lanka during the Second World War times.

A few are still in existence and ply on some of the roads which are not covered by public transport services due to very poor conditions of the roads.

I have seen one or two really old bedford lorries but no ford lorries from that era.

• Like 1