• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ruined Bmw E28

Schiffer

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="235043" data-time="1363186513"><p>

Glad to see that there are doctors like komi..i.ve seen and dealt with enough doctors to get to know how stingy those f**kers are.. f**k da sympathy, hell i also earn a monthly freakin salary and have a family to take care of..that didn't stop me of takin care of my car.. Did i consider the resale value when i bust my balls to buy bumpers with OEM body kits ,fog lights and damn dash board bazels from the agent?..no way in hell.. Nothin other than genuine or OEM has gone in to my to my 11 year old jap..so i say f**k da sympathy for da stingy ass doc again..money is no freakin way of excuse if you really have the love for it..<br />

p.s.. Komi you pissu dosthara, you are one of a kind man..wish all those doctor f****r were like you!</p></blockquote> calm down mate!. There are few non stingy type docs still left here .(Actually worked at Nagoda 2y back).

Schiffer : trinitiyoooo... u still drunk from the vodka? O_o

Trinity: Beepu minissu dekala nethda. Wedak balagena yanawa manussayo yanna ;)

slinga sllinga :D

calm down mate!. There are few non stingy type docs still left here .(Actually worked at Nagoda 2y back).

yeap.. there are two doctors next to my house both father and SIL and they are heavy VW collectors.

the father has a very bucely preserved VW Beatel and a beautiful Karman Ghia

there are still good doctors left :')

Gents after looking at those pics I'm inclined to suggest that restoring this beemer will not be worth the time, effort and money involved (and I'm not talking about the potential re-sale value here). I'm sure there are other classic beemers rotting in peoples garages, barns or backyards in SL which could be better candidates for more realistic and worthwhile resto projects.

And may I politely suggest that we go easy on doctors? I'm not one but I know quite a few docs close enough to realize the years of hard work and sacrifices it takes to become one, the high pressure situations they work under day in and day out - usually in less than perfect working conditions, and that a lot of docs actually go beyond their call of duty to save lives. So no big deal if a particular doc is not necessarily a petrol head eh?

Edited by HardHat
  • Like 4

slinga sllinga :D

yeap.. there are two doctors next to my house both father and SIL and they are heavy VW collectors.

the father has a very bucely preserved VW Beatel and a beautiful Karman Ghia

there are still good doctors left :')

I know who you are talking about :D

I'm inclined to agree with you, hard hat. Bring a petrol head is a choice, and pretty much a way of life. So I'm sure they're probably sitting on the other side of the fence laughing at us too!

Most docs don't make time to enjoy life. And by the time they make enough money to go buy a ridiculous car, their sons are 18 and waiting for the keys.

Happens all too often

• Like 4

Ayyo schiffer tell me he is an aurveda doc , not a MBBS fellow!. Car engine bay and boot is worse than a public toilet !. I can safely say more than 90% of docs here belonging to this docs category. Cuz in my batch only about 5-10 guys had the interest to vehicle relateded stuff. So rest is like this!. There main priorities are english num plate and higher Kmpl figure , so ultimately you got bunch of boring collegues to work with.

As a medical person I know very well about it.I 200% agree with you.but most of the people in SL like to buy a doctors vehicle, reason Is they think those vehicles are well maintaind But we know very well how they maintain their vehicles with busy life style

trinitiyoooo... u still drunk from the vodka? O_o

Ado na ban... anyway, was sipping a beer to eaze up the hangover and just clicked on the topic to see your update... Saw the car, and saw the Clark's sons "ane paw poor fellow" kinda reply and i just couldnt resist it..

looking at it back,,, hmmm seems like it had some vodka influence..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="235043" data-time="1363186513"><p>

Glad to see that there are doctors like komi..i.ve seen and dealt with enough doctors to get to know how stingy those f**kers are.. f**k da sympathy, hell i also earn a monthly freakin salary and have a family to take care of..that didn't stop me of takin care of my car.. Did i consider the resale value when i bust my balls to buy bumpers with OEM body kits ,fog lights and damn dash board bazels from the agent?..no way in hell.. Nothin other than genuine or OEM has gone in to my to my 11 year old jap..so i say f**k da sympathy for da stingy ass doc again..money is no freakin way of excuse if you really have the love for it..<br />

p.s.. Komi you pissu dosthara, you are one of a kind man..wish all those doctor f****r were like you!</p></blockquote> calm down mate!. There are few non stingy type docs still left here .(Actually worked at Nagoda 2y back).

Yes machan true that,, only few.. you were at Nagoda??? Most of the stingys i've seen are working there,, once i saw a guy making fuss at a bank counter for not giving him the balance 50cent..

You are a doc too ne.,. sorry if my post offended you mate,,,

I'm inclined to agree with you, hard hat. Bring a petrol head is a choice, and pretty much a way of life. So I'm sure they're probably sitting on the other side of the fence laughing at us too!

Most docs don't make time to enjoy life. And by the time they make enough money to go buy a ridiculous car, their sons are 18 and waiting for the keys.

Happens all too often

Im surprised that yo a doc :D

I know who you are talking about :D

yup yup that's the guy ;)

and well like ya'll said

not every doctor is a petrol head. it is a choise. There are some doctor relatives who loves and adores car here on my side.

and then there are few who just wants a A - B car

which is the same story for this person. tbh he just 'need' a vehicle.it doesn't matter what it is until it gets him to where he wants.

that's the first thing i understood when i talk to him

coz the first thing he said was "i don't know what car this is, it has a Toyota engine which is reliable and economical, it does 10kmpl"

Basically to get this car back as a BM, the best would be to find a complete E28, dismantle it and reassemble it combining the two cars. Actually it would make an interesting prospect if someone can find an M535i or, dare I say it an M5 ;)

A lot of work but far from impossible. If only I had one less project on my hands..........

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="235094" data-time="1363234994"><p>

<br />

Ado na ban... anyway, was sipping a beer to eaze up the hangover and just clicked on the topic to see your update... Saw the car, and saw the Clark's sons "ane paw poor fellow" kinda reply and i just couldnt resist it..<br />

<br />

looking at it back,,, hmmm seems like it had some vodka influence..<br />

<br />

<br />

Yes machan true that,, only few.. you were at Nagoda??? Most of the stingys i've seen are working there,, once i saw a guy making fuss at a bank counter for not giving him the balance 50cent..<br />

<br />

You are a doc too ne.,. sorry if my post offended you mate,,,</p></blockquote> well Nagoda story also same as other hospitals. Like komi , I too getting so much negative comments as Im using 18 year old Eg with 19- num plate. Ex cardiologist at Nagoda is VW fan and one MO with a subaru were the only people I know that have some interest. Funny thing is machan some of my senior docs there still call me to get advices as Ive dignosed some simple things in there vehicles like blown fuse,slipping alternator belt,etc.!.so you can imagine the situation .Are you living close to hospital?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="235094" data-time="1363234994"><p>

<br />

Ado na ban... anyway, was sipping a beer to eaze up the hangover and just clicked on the topic to see your update... Saw the car, and saw the Clark's sons "ane paw poor fellow" kinda reply and i just couldnt resist it..<br />

<br />

looking at it back,,, hmmm seems like it had some vodka influence..<br />

<br />

<br />

Yes machan true that,, only few.. you were at Nagoda??? Most of the stingys i've seen are working there,, once i saw a guy making fuss at a bank counter for not giving him the balance 50cent..<br />

<br />

You are a doc too ne.,. sorry if my post offended you mate,,,</p></blockquote> well Nagoda story also same as other hospitals. Like komi , I too getting so much negative comments as Im using 18 year old Eg with 19- num plate. Ex cardiologist at Nagoda is VW fan and one MO with a subaru were the only people I know that have some interest. Funny thing is machan some of my senior docs there still call me to get advices as Ive dignosed some simple things in there vehicles like blown fuse,slipping alternator belt,etc.!.so you can imagine the situation .Are you living close to hospital?

Yeh can totally imagine the situ machan... And my place is not that much closer to the hospital, say about 6 KMs.. I have a friend who lives near to the hospital... :)

Happens all too often

precisely Komi

as I said I have the utmost respect for docs (well, perhaps bar a few money hounds who don't care about patients)for the reasons I mentioned before. Then again I may be a bit biassed as my sis is a doc too. But seeing her struggle to make a work-life balance everyday I thank god that I chose a different career path.

Now as for being a petrol head, there are people in all sorts of professions who couldn't care less about their cars. I've seen many engineers for example whose rides are a complete disgrace.

So being a petrol head is definitely a way of life. And of course if you were not born with a silver spoon in your mouth, by the time you make enough money to buy an exotic ride, to expand what Komi said:

(1)you cant't buy that Porsche because you've gotta make room for a wife and a couple of child seats and a pram in your ride

(2) a few years down the line your kids are grown up, don't wanna ride with the old man any more, so you can buy the Porsche but your 18 year old son steals the keys goes hoon around town

(3) once in a blue moon you get to drive it, only to find out that your reflexes have grown slow with age and you're struggling to keep the frikkin thing on the damn road.

That's life :(

• Like 3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="HardHat" data-cid="235129" data-time="1363255974"><p>

precisely Komi<br />

<br />

as I said I have the utmost respect for docs (well, perhaps bar a few money hounds who don't care about patients)for the reasons I mentioned before. Then again I may be a bit biassed as my sis is a doc too. But seeing her struggle to make a work-life balance everyday I thank god that I chose a different career path.<br />

<br />

Now as for being a petrol head, there are people in all sorts of professions who couldn't care less about their cars. I've seen many engineers for example whose rides are a complete disgrace. <br />

<br />

So being a petrol head is definitely a way of life. And of course if you were not born with a silver spoon in your mouth, by the time you make enough money to buy an exotic ride, to expand what Komi said:<br />

<br />

(1)you cant't buy that Porsche because you've gotta make room for a wife and a couple of child seats and a pram in your ride<br />

<br />

(2) a few years down the line your kids are grown up, don't wanna ride with the old man any more, so you can buy the Porsche but your 18 year old son steals the keys goes hoon around town<br />

<br />

(3) once in a blue moon you get to drive it, only to find out that your reflexes have grown slow with age and you're struggling to keep the frikkin thing on the damn road.<br />

<br />

That's life :(</p></blockquote>

Exactly machan. only issue with the docs is that you can easily recognize them from rest of the commiunity and to make matters worse almost everyone in this feild now paste the cross in the windscreen.

I forget to mention that theres an M20B25 for sale... Well it was, dunno if its still around.... But thats quite a good starting point if someone wanted to bring it back... Honestly, interior wise I've seen a lot worse. But from what I can see, its a project I would love to take on if A) I had more disposable income and B) The asking price was realistic of what the car is...