• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Of course, because Initial D is awesome. You should watch the series.

I had watched only the movie mate. You meant to say series in the sense, did it come with a contious series(TV Series)? I'm not aware abt that & that's why I'm asking.

BTW, this movie is absolutely amazing as you said indeed. Specially for the people who interested in driving techniques. :)

Incase you didn't see it:

Sri Lanka fake lubricant market thriving:

"...thriving business in Sri Lanka involving the sale of unlicensed lubricants, adulterated and counterfeited brands and recycling used oil, which can damage vehicles engines, industry officials said.

...some players were adulterating products with cheap base oil and counterfeiting established brands, some were selling them bulk in barrels, while were importing and selling in unbranded packaging...

Another group were filtering used engine oil taken from service stations and re-selling after mixing with solvents..."

Incase you didn't see it:

Sri Lanka fake lubricant market thriving:

"...thriving business in Sri Lanka involving the sale of unlicensed lubricants, adulterated and counterfeited brands and recycling used oil, which can damage vehicles engines, industry officials said.

...some players were adulterating products with cheap base oil and counterfeiting established brands, some were selling them bulk in barrels, while were importing and selling in unbranded packaging...

Another group were filtering used engine oil taken from service stations and re-selling after mixing with solvents..."

WTF now??

WTF now??

By the way its written it seems like dodgy lubricants / counterfeit lubricants have been around a while, but were never really highlighted. The source claims there are four unlicensed bodies producing / importing and distributing lubricants in Sri Lanka. Two were singled out as being sellers / distributors of dodgy products. However, the risk to the automotive industry is pretty low as only an estimated three million litres out of 60 million litres sold are thought to be counterfeit / grey market products.

Either way: I think it might make sense to evaluate the source of your lubricant oil during your next service incase its not what it you think it might be.

Edited by Kavvz

• MADZ locked this topic