• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

I was hit by the 510 bug a few months ago. checked out some cars online. But couldn't find one for sale for the right price. While talking to my garage fellow about my new obsession, to my surprise he told me this broker I know has a rare white 2 door in non running condition. Sounded like a great project car to me. His calls were not very promising and he talked more about money than actually showing me the car. soon it was clear to us that he had sold the car coupla days ago and he was trying to buy it back to sell it to me at a higher price.

So on a rainy weekday morning I got in me insight and went to see the guy who had bought the car. It was another garage. he just worked there I think. The car was in bad shape but repairable. It was a white 1967 1.3L horizontal speedo model. It even had a nice registration. The owner said he bought it for 60k and this was his part time project at the garage and he has many plans for it including, to my horror, painting it in insight purple which he had decided as soon as i turned into the garage. So the bidding began. I bravely settled for 120k as my final offer with this fellow making 100% profit but he still said no. He was clearly in love with it and even telling him I can provide a much better home for it didn't help. I don't think he had any idea about the potential this car has. So I went home empty handed and let go of the idea eventually

Anyway after seeing this I think I'm gonna go have another look at it. Hope he's run of time resources and enthusiasm so I can take it off his hands *fingers crossed*

I was hit by the 510 bug a few months ago. checked out some cars online. But couldn't find one for sale for the right price. While talking to my garage fellow about my new obsession, to my surprise he told me this broker I know has a rare white 2 door in non running condition. Sounded like a great project car to me. His calls were not very promising and he talked more about money than actually showing me the car. soon it was clear to us that he had sold the car coupla days ago and he was trying to buy it back to sell it to me at a higher price.

So on a rainy weekday morning I got in me insight and went to see the guy who had bought the car. It was another garage. he just worked there I think. The car was in bad shape but repairable. It was a white 1967 1.3L horizontal speedo model. It even had a nice registration. The owner said he bought it for 60k and this was his part time project at the garage and he has many plans for it including, to my horror, painting it in insight purple which he had decided as soon as i turned into the garage. So the bidding began. I bravely settled for 120k as my final offer with this fellow making 100% profit but he still said no. He was clearly in love with it and even telling him I can provide a much better home for it didn't help. I don't think he had any idea about the potential this car has. So I went home empty handed and let go of the idea eventually

Anyway after seeing this I think I'm gonna go have another look at it. Hope he's run of time resources and enthusiasm so I can take it off his hands *fingers crossed*

Give him some time. Dont rush. If you do he will think your desperate. Give it a couple of months. He might have at that point had enough or lost enthusiasm. Let him regret that he lost a great deal. Also keep in mind if its meant to be yours it will be. Good luck machan. Also who knows what might be around the corner. From what iv learnt so far in life is never to regret on what you missed out. Its always and i mean always for your best and iv always gotten better.

• Like 1

Theres one for sale in a*toma*t

shiffer said he is asking 600K for it, the car seems to be in good condition and its a 1.6L according to the add

Give him some time. Dont rush. If you do he will think your desperate. Give it a couple of months. He might have at that point had enough or lost enthusiasm. Let him regret that he lost a great deal. Also keep in mind if its meant to be yours it will be. Good luck machan. Also who knows what might be around the corner. From what iv learnt so far in life is never to regret on what you missed out. Its always and i mean always for your best and iv always gotten better.

What?..f**k that bull shit...There are many many ways to convince an owner to part with a car,sitting on your ass thinking of whats meant to be is not one of them.

• Like 1

shiffer said he is asking 600K for it, the car seems to be in good condition and its a 1.6L according to the add

This made me check it out, I think it was the same car I saw at the CMTA Motorshow last year (car park). Ad says 1300 and 4 forward should have put some interior pics though.

I remember autolanka classifieds had a very pristine car (Red) about 5 years back, but it was again a 1300cc. And then recently a green 2 door in Kegalle side if I remember right.

On 510's some came with the solid axle at the rear with leaf springs and also with the steering column gear shift. I believe the one's with the horizontal meter cluster has the solid axle at the back.

How To Convert Ambassador Car to Indica Car - Super AD

Even it shows Peugeot, as I remember this was an advertisement for Tata Indica in 1999/2000 season. My be I am wrong. Crosswind, can you remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-PAh73eZA

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

This made me check it out, I think it was the same car I saw at the CMTA Motorshow last year (car park). Ad says 1300 and 4 forward should have put some interior pics though.

I remember autolanka classifieds had a very pristine car (Red) about 5 years back, but it was again a 1300cc. And then recently a green 2 door in Kegalle side if I remember right.

On 510's some came with the solid axle at the rear with leaf springs and also with the steering column gear shift. I believe the one's with the horizontal meter cluster has the solid axle at the back.

Shiffer sent me more pics of it, it has a neat(steering has been changed though) and has a catchy number too ;)

AFAIK only the wagon came with a solid axle at the back. I never bothered to check this cars rear suspension cos of that. It was also had column shift. Didn't stress about it much cos I could just relocate it to the floor. Will probably go and check the car out thursday again. If its been ruined or has cart springs I can come home a content man.

I've seen this before. its probably the best kept 2 door or even the best 510 in the country atm. But 600k is classic car money. I'd say 300k is top dollar for a well kept/original 510. Then again only the owner can truly appreciate the time and effort he puts into a car.

How To Convert Ambassador Car to Indica Car - Super AD

Even it shows Peugeot, as I remember this was an advertisement for Tata Indica in 1999/2000 season. My be I am wrong. Crosswind, can you remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-PAh73eZA

As I remember this was a Peugeot ad

Interestingly, Peugeot 206 was never offically launched in india. Mahindra assembled some Peugeot cars but not the 206. Perhaps this ad was meant for some other audience. I would have actually thought Sampath was correct, if not for the Peugeot flash frame at the end, because when Indica was launched back in 2000 or so (when Sampath and I both were in India), Tata wanted to capitalize on the transformation of old boring car designs (Maruti 800, Ambassador, Premier Fiat etc.) to something more contemporary.

guys really what is the cheapest, i mean pocket friendly :) racing class in SL (cars)?

Usually what will be the price tag in preparing a car to this class?

You'll need at least 1 year of racing under novices class first anyway, before you get a racing license. IIRC. Check the SLAS site, it should have the requirement details. Alternately, find a member called Andrew_7007 and send him a PM, he should know.

www.ft.lk/2013/02/20/dilan-thrills-pannala-for-ezy-racing/

daaaam looks like i missed a great race this weekend @ pannala... Cant wait untill i see the onboard videos on the SLH and SLGT races....

Guys did anyone of you got a chance to c the races?

**i wonder y we dont have a thread on this event @ "local events"

Edited by dreamracer

• MADZ locked this topic