• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Interestingly, Peugeot 206 was never offically launched in india. Mahindra assembled some Peugeot cars but not the 206. Perhaps this ad was meant for some other audience. I would have actually thought Sampath was correct, if not for the Peugeot flash frame at the end, because when Indica was launched back in 2000 or so (when Sampath and I both were in India), Tata wanted to capitalize on the transformation of old boring car designs (Maruti 800, Ambassador, Premier Fiat etc.) to something more contemporary.

If I'm not mistaken I saw that ad on sri lankan tele,

can't remember if it was cable

This made me check it out, I think it was the same car I saw at the CMTA Motorshow last year (car park). Ad says 1300 and 4 forward should have put some interior pics though.

I remember autolanka classifieds had a very pristine car (Red) about 5 years back, but it was again a 1300cc. And then recently a green 2 door in Kegalle side if I remember right.

On 510's some came with the solid axle at the rear with leaf springs and also with the steering column gear shift. I believe the one's with the horizontal meter cluster has the solid axle at the back.

I went to see the 510 today. It was completely different to how I saw it last time. Not that they've done anything to it except giving it a cheap coat of paint. This time I was looking at it in a more sensible way compared to last time when I was head over heels for it and was too busy haggling anyway. This time I saw it for what it was. Its a 45 year old cars thats changed hands a few times. and every time it changed hands, every time it was sold cheaper, so was the work done on it. Don't get me wrong it was pretty straight and tidy on the outside for a 45 year old car. But so much work has been done on it over the years it was far from perfect. It would have been better off if it was just neglected all its life.

120k was what I offered him last time. he has apparently bought it for 65k. Now he's lost interest and wished to see it go to a good home. I wanted to offer him 50 but didn't wanna make offers until I was absolutely sure I'm ready to take up such an arduous project. and then he tells me he wants 200k for it, for car with no upholstery and carpets that doesn't run. He's dreaming of course. I said No right away but he told me to go home and think about. I thought about it and went through my previous plans for the car. I still can't convince myself. It seems the passion is gone.

Anyway I got a more realistic, down to earth build coming up. So I'll just get my kicks from that for now.

• Like 1

I went to see the 510 today. It was completely different to how I saw it last time. Not that they've done anything to it except giving it a cheap coat of paint. This time I was looking at it in a more sensible way compared to last time when I was head over heels for it and was too busy haggling anyway. This time I saw it for what it was. Its a 45 year old cars thats changed hands a few times. and every time it changed hands, every time it was sold cheaper, so was the work done on it. Don't get me wrong it was pretty straight and tidy on the outside for a 45 year old car. But so much work has been done on it over the years it was far from perfect. It would have been better off if it was just neglected all its life.

120k was what I offered him last time. he has apparently bought it for 65k. Now he's lost interest and wished to see it go to a good home. I wanted to offer him 50 but didn't wanna make offers until I was absolutely sure I'm ready to take up such an arduous project. and then he tells me he wants 200k for it, for car with no upholstery and carpets that doesn't run. He's dreaming of course. I said No right away but he told me to go home and think about. I thought about it and went through my previous plans for the car. I still can't convince myself. It seems the passion is gone.

Anyway I got a more realistic, down to earth build coming up. So I'll just get my kicks from that for now.

Looks like he maybe a autolanka forum member to ask for such prices.

You checked the suspension by any chance?

Looks like he maybe a autolanka forum member to ask for such prices.

You checked the suspension by any chance?

Lol he's just a tinkerer at a somewhat rural garage. he's probably jacking up the price cos earlier I offered him 120k for it and cos he knows 2 doors are rare, Either way his price is totally unrealistic cos it would cost around 200k in labour to bring the body to showroom condition not to mention several good months. Then there's the issue of sourcing all the missing parts. This car has only a dashboard and seats for interior parts so you can imagine the scale of the problem. I'd say another 200k for that. Makes Givantha's car with all original parts look like a bargain.

The rear suspension was independent. and was a real delight too. the brakes looked a bit rusty though.

Anyway I found myself thinking about the car quite a few times today. Maybe Komi's thread will help me find some lost passion.

lol that guy @ 0:24

not a single f**k was given that day :D

lol true, imagine if that's SL, a large crowd would have gathered the next sec, bdw I was watching couple car crash compilation, looks its a common thing in Russia

• MADZ locked this topic