• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

I feel a strong urge to waste some money.... must resist...

If you're getting a rally RC, get a Tamiya. They're much closer to scale than either HPI or Traxxas. I have the Suzuki Swift which is front wheel drive (just like the JWRC Super 1600) and is a blast to drive with the standard motor and a 6 cell battery.

If you're getting a rally RC, get a Tamiya. They're much closer to scale than either HPI or Traxxas. I have the Suzuki Swift which is front wheel drive (just like the JWRC Super 1600) and is a blast to drive with the standard motor and a 6 cell battery.

Are there any local hobby shops for RC trucks and spares? I ran a search but couldn't find any places as such.

I already had a Tamiya and a Traxxas :) Anyway, if I ever do buy another RC, it'll be a buggy. And in that case, it'll have to be a Kyosho Inferno.

Are there any local hobby shops for RC trucks and spares? I ran a search but couldn't find any places as such.

As far as I know, not any more. I dunno if anyone has tried opening something recently, but since N-Force closed, I haven't heard of anything.

As far as I know, not any more. I dunno if anyone has tried opening something recently, but since N-Force closed, I haven't heard of anything.

Hmm... That’s unfortunate. I’ve got a truck and some copters that need spares and I really could use a hobby shop right now. I guess the only option is eBay then.

Hmm... That’s unfortunate. I’ve got a truck and some copters that need spares and I really could use a hobby shop right now. I guess the only option is eBay then.

There is some sorta model airplane flying club operating under Air Force supervision, maybe someone in there can help you? I saw some post on the AF news feed.

There is some sorta model airplane flying club operating under Air Force supervision, maybe someone in there can help you? I saw some post on the AF news feed.

Ah yes, I know the club you're talking about (I hope we're talking about the same one) and I personally know one of the gentlemen running the courses. They actually do bring down parts from abroad, but I thought the parts were specific to the models they build. I should talk to them for what it's worth.

Thanks again Peri! Will keep you posted on the outcome.

You can fly planes anywhere now, most restrictions have been lifted. All you need to make sure is that your radio equipment is compliant with the SLTRC regulations. And the cost of maintaining planes is much lower than for ground vehicles i.e. no tires, suspension, drive train to break/wear out.

• MADZ locked this topic