• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Fuel Efficient Car For 1.2 M Or Under

ABR

Question

Hi AL,

I'm looking for a car under 1.2M, needs to be fuel efficient and reliable.

Im interested in a EP82 Starlet at the moment (YOM 1993). Is this a good choice ? Im looking for some suggestions from you guys.

thanks

Believe me, I would choose a beetle over a starlet or a corolla any day of the week. Why? Beetles have a certain personality which most of the cars lack. If its a well maintained one, it would be a troubl-free daily runner.

Looks like it's unmolested and that's a good sign.no fancy alloys or bits and pieces hanging out from random places. I don't really agree with that paint job but that's each individual's taste I guess. So congrats on your purchase.

BTW, Supra_Natural has some in-depth knowledge of Beetles. Do check out his thread about Beetles in the forum.

Believe me, I would choose a beetle over a starlet or a corolla any day of the week. Why? Beetles have a certain personality which most of the cars lack. If its a well maintained one, it would be a troubl-free daily runner.

Looks like it's unmolested and that's a good sign.no fancy alloys or bits and pieces hanging out from random places. I don't really agree with that paint job but that's each individual's taste I guess. So congrats on your purchase.

BTW, Supra_Natural has some in-depth knowledge of Beetles. Do check out his thread about Beetles in the forum.

thanks Crosswind :) yes i saw saw Supra_Natural's thread about VW beetles.

this car has been maintained well, it was registered in 1978, previously owned by 2 doctors. the car runs smoothly, i took it for a test run and i was surprised how smoothly it ran compared to all other beetles i checked out before.

update

so due to some financial issues we reduced had to reduce the budget :( bought this 1966 vw beetle today. its in excellent condition..doesnt look that great in the photos because it hasnt been washed lately

FkFEaKq.jpg

BJWBmG5.jpg

i know some of you might laugh at me for talking about starlets, corolla 2, etc and ending up buying this but which isnt all that great as i hear it terms of fuel efficiency.

anyway, i have no regrets! thanks for all the replies everyone, mods you may close the topic

She's a beauty

you'r choice is way better than the jap econ boxes you previously talked about.

It seems to be stock except for the color I think it would be nice if you could keep it that way.

Good luck on you'r purchase.

Congratulations on the purchase! She's a beauty: I've always had a soft spot for VW beetles and their soft phut-phut exhausts.

You do have some rust spots on the back which means there might be more rust under the fenders and door sills. I'd get that looked at as soon as possible.

All the best!

i know some of you might laugh at me for talking about starlets, corolla 2, etc and ending up buying this but which isnt all that great as i hear it terms of fuel efficiency.

anyway, i have no regrets! thanks for all the replies everyone, mods you may close the topic

What made you to think someone would laugh at you. In fact some of us may be envy of you. Congrats on the purchase! She is a beauty .

Well played ABR, well played... Remember though, running a classic car is a bit different to running the starlets etc that you were talking about, simply jumping in and driving it everywhere for miles and miles will mean a sure date with the repair shop very soon. Classics need to have their vitals monitored on a regular basis to enjoy peace of mind. So make sure you check oil levels every couple of days , pay attention to the brake fluid bottle (located in the front end) and train yourself to listen to your car and understand what it is telling you.

Good luck with her..