• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

• 4 weeks later...

So after launching the Honda HR-V (Vezel's export model) in Malaysia a few weeks ago Honda revealed the Euro spec HR-V yesterday (? or Wednesday).In Europe the HR-V will come in 1500cc gasoline (probably the same you get in the Euro Fit/Jazz and Vezel) and 1600cc diesel variants. The choice of gearboxes are a 6-spd M/T or CVT. In Malaysia the HR-V comes with a 1800cc gasoline engine out of a Civic. Strangely there is no mention of a Hybrid version in either market.

840173.jpg

Japanese article on Euro release :

http://response.jp/article/2015/02/19/244702.html

Specs of Malaysian HR-V:

http://www.honda.com.my/model/specifications/hrv

The Style Cb 86 was flaunted over and over again at the 2014 and 2013 Tokyo Auto Salon shows in both standard and drop-top form. Last week it seems like Toyota decided to go ahead and actually sell a limited number (100 units) of the standard version. Apparently the softer edges are to appeal to women. They also release a limited (again 100 units) TRD version of the thing.

cb02-618x463.jpgclassy-toyota-gt-86-for-the-ladies-at-20

Subaru punches out 15 millionth Boxer engine
subaru-fb25.jpg
It's a small milestone for our favorite manufacturer of gold-wheeled, all-wheel-drive sedans and crossovers, as Subaru announced that it has built its 15 millionth Boxer engine – a mere 49 years after it installed a tiny, horizontally opposed, four-cylinder mill in the 1966 1000 sedan.
The milestone engine powers something a good bit larger than the 1000, which was (ironically considering Subaru today) the brand's first front-drive vehicle. Today's boxer, the so-called FB25 2.5-liter four, was built for the current Legacy and Outback.
The 15 millionth Boxer hasn't been the brand's only accomplishment in 2015. The company built its 14 millionth Symmetrical all-wheel-drive system just last month. Subaru has only been at its trademark AWD system for 43 years, and with sales going the way they are, it seems only a matter of time before the Boxer engine is surpassed.

Toyota Hilux Invincible X range-topping version launched in UK

Toyota UK has introduced a range-topping version of the Hilux called Invincible X.
Available only in Double Cab body style, the "super-tough pick-up" is based on the Invincible trim but adds several styling tweaks without jacking up the price. Some of added items include four 17-inch alloy wheel designs, chrome tubular side bars (with/without step grips), a rear hi-over bar and a Style Pack encompassing a front guard, aluminum-finish scuff plates, silver under-run, chrome surrounds for the hood air intake and taillights while the door handles also boast a chrome finish.
The leather upholstery can be had in one of the four available designs and all of them come embossed with the X logo and if you go for the full black type this one also has the "Invincible" lettering. Standard goodies include sports front seats, cruise control, fog lights, climate control, rear privacy glass and automatic headlights. Also on board is Toyota’s Touch 2 infotainment system, electrically adjustable mirrors, rear-view camera and alarm system.
Power comes exclusively from a 171 bhp 3.0-liter D-4D diesel engine sending output to a permanent four-wheel drive system through either a standard five-speed manual or an optional automatic transmission.
Already available on order, the Toyota Hilux Invincible X costs £23,842 for the manual version and £24,842 for the automatic model, with both prices excluding VAT. Deliveries will kick off towards the end of the month.
Source: Toyota

14478839131061647984.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
All new Maxda CX-3

245336_4.jpg?fit=normal

Has anyone driven any vehicle with Mazda's SKYACTIV diesel engine?

There should be more images of the CX-3 on the link in the following post:http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15224-japanese-car-news/page-18#entry270885

Mazda started selling it 4-5 weeks ago (at least in Nagasaki they had their sales event then). I don't think any have been delivered to actual customers although you see the occasional test drive unit for sale from a dealer or two.

Yes...drove a Axela Sport (well drove a Demio 1.5 Turbo D as well but then I was stuck in traffic in the rain so wouldn't really count) with a 2.2 SKYACTIV-D..wasn't anything to write home about. First impression...well I remember it sounding like a truck from outside. I was the first to drive the test car that day so I thought it was because the engine was cold, etc...but didn't change much even later on. Inside though the sound was pretty dampened (not as much as a diesel VW or yet alone being as quiet as the Petrol/Hybrid Axela) and I don't recall it having any vibration. The engine was pretty smooth but had a narrow power band placed lower down the rev range (if that makes sense). The transmission in AT mode did a good job of masking it out around town but and on the open road and also in in Manual mode; it was all too obvious. Maybe it was me being biased but I thought it felt heavier than the Hybrid I drove just before (not a fair statement either because the Hybrid was a sedan and this was a hatch). All in all it was quite okay for city driving but wasn't that great/inspiring on the open road. It isn't as refined as the Euro diesels but was far far ahead than the diesel Corollas and Sunnys that I was used to as Japanese diesels.

• Like 1

There should be more images of the CX-3 on the link in the following post:http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15224-japanese-car-news/page-18#entry270885

Mazda started selling it 4-5 weeks ago (at least in Nagasaki they had their sales event then). I don't think any have been delivered to actual customers although you see the occasional test drive unit for sale from a dealer or two.

Yes...drove a Axela Sport (well drove a Demio 1.5 Turbo D as well but then I was stuck in traffic in the rain so wouldn't really count) with a 2.2 SKYACTIV-D..wasn't anything to write home about. First impression...well I remember it sounding like a truck from outside. I was the first to drive the test car that day so I thought it was because the engine was cold, etc...but didn't change much even later on. Inside though the sound was pretty dampened (not as much as a diesel VW or yet alone being as quiet as the Petrol/Hybrid Axela) and I don't recall it having any vibration. The engine was pretty smooth but had a narrow power band placed lower down the rev range (if that makes sense). The transmission in AT mode did a good job of masking it out around town but and on the open road and also in in Manual mode; it was all too obvious. Maybe it was me being biased but I thought it felt heavier than the Hybrid I drove just before (not a fair statement either because the Hybrid was a sedan and this was a hatch). All in all it was quite okay for city driving but wasn't that great/inspiring on the open road. It isn't as refined as the Euro diesels but was far far ahead than the diesel Corollas and Sunnys that I was used to as Japanese diesels.

Does the turbo give a 'punch'? or is doesnt make much of a difference?

The 2.2L pumps 173BHP...aren't they pushing out too much HP from a 2.2L?

Really? 173 HP is too much for a 2.2L? What rock have you been living under for the last 10 years or so?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Really? 173 HP is too much for a 2.2L? What rock have you been living under for the last 10 years or so?

Compare that to the BHP figures of other Japanese diesel engines of similar size

Well I am not going to comment on whether that is too little or too much HP...to be honest I was surprised that it was 2.2L and was only pushing around 17x...

If by "punch' you mean a whole lot of nothing and then a huge boost of a kick in you @$s...then no....the turbo kick in though noticeable was subtle/gentle. It wasn't a "slow" car...it just didn't feel mental when the turbo kicked in.

It is interesting is that although a gasoline variant for the CX3 was announced on the diesel variant has hit the market...

Edited by iRage

Honda has finally taken the wraps off the 2015 Civic Type R.

Described as a "race car for the road," the Civic Type R has an aerodynamic body kit that includes a new front bumper with larger air intakes and a front splitter. Moving further back, there's ventilated front fenders, extended side skirts and flat underbody panels that channel air to the rear diffuser. The car also has a prominent rear wing, a four-tailpipe exhausts system and 19-inch alloy wheels with 235/35R19 tires that were developed specially for the Type R.

The interior largely carries over but comes nicely equipped with suede-effect sport seats with red contrast stitching. The model also has a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel and a machined aluminum gear knob.

Customers can also order a GT package that adds red exterior accents as well as front and rear parking sensors, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers and power folding door mirrors. Other highlights include a premium audio system, GPS navigation and a variety of safety systems including Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, and Traffic Sign Recognition - among other things.

Power is provided by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that develops 310 PS (228 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed manual transmission which enables the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.7 seconds before hitting a top speed of 270 km/h (167 mph).

Speaking of performance, the Civic Type R has a four-point Adaptive Damper System and a Brembo front braking system with four-piston calipers and 350mm drilled discs. There's also a Dual Axis Strut Front Suspension that helps to reduce torque steer by 50 percent - compared to the standard Civic suspension - and a rear "crushed pipe" that improves rear roll rigidity by 180 percent. Last but not least, there's a Dual Pinion Electric Power Steering system which promises to deliver "rapid yet linear steering response and abundant feel."

322541960217840902.jpg

on the more futuristic side of things at the Geneva Motor show..Nissan has unveiled the "Sway" concept car. Apparently this will be the "inspiration" for future Euro hatches but automotive

'people' in Japan are speculating that some of its JDM models, including the Juke, will get the same influence.

It is a pretty looking thing...

469091.jpg

469094.jpg

Photo Gallery:

http://jp.autoblog.com/photos/nissan-sway-geneva2015/#!slide=3375321

Meanwhile, Toyota I mean LEXUS, released the gerble-mobile to celebrate the 25th birthday of its first car the LS400. Actually, the 2 seater is called the LF-SA (I guess the whole Aston Martin and Lexus badged Toyota iQ splat wasn't a full face down splat after all). It kind of looks mean in a sci-fi kind of way :)

01-lexus-lf-sa-concept-geneva-1.jpg

Honda has finally taken the wraps off the 2015 Civic Type R.

Described as a "race car for the road," the Civic Type R has an aerodynamic body kit that includes a new front bumper with larger air intakes and a front splitter. Moving further back, there's ventilated front fenders, extended side skirts and flat underbody panels that channel air to the rear diffuser. The car also has a prominent rear wing, a four-tailpipe exhausts system and 19-inch alloy wheels with 235/35R19 tires that were developed specially for the Type R.

The interior largely carries over but comes nicely equipped with suede-effect sport seats with red contrast stitching. The model also has a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel and a machined aluminum gear knob.

Customers can also order a GT package that adds red exterior accents as well as front and rear parking sensors, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers and power folding door mirrors. Other highlights include a premium audio system, GPS navigation and a variety of safety systems including Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, and Traffic Sign Recognition - among other things.

Power is provided by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that develops 310 PS (228 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed manual transmission which enables the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.7 seconds before hitting a top speed of 270 km/h (167 mph).

Speaking of performance, the Civic Type R has a four-point Adaptive Damper System and a Brembo front braking system with four-piston calipers and 350mm drilled discs. There's also a Dual Axis Strut Front Suspension that helps to reduce torque steer by 50 percent - compared to the standard Civic suspension - and a rear "crushed pipe" that improves rear roll rigidity by 180 percent. Last but not least, there's a Dual Pinion Electric Power Steering system which promises to deliver "rapid yet linear steering response and abundant feel."

[img=http://content.worldcarfans.co/2015/3/2/super/322541960217840902.jpg]

What da fq is with this new cars and their Prius looks????? This looks like a Prius modified by Dumi##a

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="273695" data-time="1425527030"><p>

What da fq is with this new cars and their Prius looks????? This looks like a Prius modified by Dumi##a</p></blockquote>

Or leepu

on the more futuristic side of things at the Geneva Motor show..Nissan has unveiled the "Sway" concept car. Apparently this will be the "inspiration" for future Euro hatches but automotive

'people' in Japan are speculating that some of its JDM models, including the Juke, will get the same influence.

It is a pretty looking thing...

[img=http://cdn.carbuzz.com/images2/460000/9000/0/469091.jpg]

[img=http://cdn.carbuzz.com/images2/460000/9000/0/469094.jpg]

Photo Gallery:

http://jp.autoblog.com/photos/nissan-sway-geneva2015/#!slide=3375321'>http://jp.autoblog.com/photos/nissan-sway-geneva2015/#!slide=3375321

Meanwhile, Toyota I mean LEXUS, released the gerble-mobile to celebrate the 25th birthday of its first car the LS400. Actually, the 2 seater is called the LF-SA (I guess the whole Aston Martin and Lexus badged Toyota iQ splat wasn't a full face down splat after all). It kind of looks mean in a sci-fi kind of way :)

[img=http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/337/506/2/S3375062/slug/l/01-lexus-lf-sa-concept-geneva-1.jpg]

Why oh why do they keep doing these edgy designs? What about pedestrian safety? Saying that the front end of the Sway looks nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Why oh why do they keep doing these edgy designs? What about pedestrian safety? Saying that the front end of the Sway looks nice.

I think its to do with pedestrian safety, but thats not gonna help some of the pedestrians here who run on to the side of your vehicle :D

The Alto Turbo RS is equipped with a newly developed lightweight body, that is only 670kg, and the R06A-type intake VVT turbo engine (2WD vehicle). It generates 64ps maximum output and 98N・m maximum torque. It achieves a sporty and direct running performance since it is mated with an exclusively tuned Auto Gear Shift (AGS) that has paddle shifters. Moreover, it only came with automatic transmission. In addition, it also achieved an excellent fuel efficiency of 25.6km/liter. (2WD vehicle) This was thanks to the idling stop system.

Its body is equipped with a strut tower bar and a high-rigidity front bumper. Suzuki plans to thicken the extension bar, the upper bracket in the suspension and the cowl front panel to further improve the vehicle's body rigidity.

Suzuki will give exclusive tuning to the suspension and brakes. It achieved a stability that can support a linear steering and a sporty performance through the combination of the newly developed lightweight aluminum wheels and the Potenza RE050A sports tires.

The exterior has a plated red accent based on the standard vehicle with a simple and clean form. In addition, a number of exclusive parts have been arranged and mounted on the vehicle affording it a special impression. Three colors: white, black, and red, are provided for the body.

The interior is given a red accent with a black tone. It is provided with a triple meter with an exclusive front seat and tachometer that enhances its operability. It also emanates a sporty atmosphere.

A radar brake support, a false start suppression function, an emergency stop signal, and an ESP are standard equipment. In addition, it uses a lightweight shock-absorbent body that absorbs and disperses shock during a crash.

The price for the 2WD model is 1,293,840 yen and 1,405,080 yen for the 4WD.

246324_1.jpg?fit=normal

246324_15.jpg?fit=normal

Honda reveals details for their all-new Stepwgn

This fifth-generation Stepwgn is equipped with a new direct-injected 1.5-liter VTEC turbo engine. It features exceptional fuel-efficiency, a remarkably quiet ride, and a powerful and smooth acceleration that rivals the torque of a 2.4-liter engine.

The new Stepwgn comes equipped with sliding doors and the largest interior space and rear door in its class. Passengers can access the third row of seating through the sliding doors without opening the back.

It also features their Honda Sensing technology, an advanced safety assistance system that detects pedestrians for enhanced sense of security

246521_3.jpg

246521_10.jpg

246521_5.jpg