• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is This Allowed??

pissa

Sold my car recently by placing an ad in autolanka. when I checked today I see an ad for the same car, with the exact same pictures I uploaded, with the exact same text I used!!

The only things to have changed are, the contact number and..... yes you guessed it.. the mileage!!!! They have brought down the mileage from 90k+ to 50k+!!!!

Edited by pissa

If it indeed IS the OP's car and has been clocked backwards I think AL may also have have a certain liability for the misrepresentation of a product sold. I AM curious to see AL's action on this.

If I were AL; I would tell the owner that there is evidence of fraud (which would have to be supplied by the OP) and take down the advert (and not refund the money just to teach a lesson). AL may loose business from a few crooks, but would gain the overall trust of the car buyer as a classified that can be trusted. And in a world with 'quick' classifieds with fake adds and sunday papers flooded by brokers, it will certainly help AL on the long run.

Over to you Admin (and Mr. Joint Modarators)

• Like 2

Sold my car recently by placing an ad in autolanka. when I checked today I see an ad for the same car, with the exact same pictures I uploaded, with the exact same text I used!!

The only things to have changed are, the contact number and..... yes you guessed it.. the mileage!!!! They have brought down the mileage from 90k+ to 50k+!!!!

I was wondering how they got access to same pictures. Because AL has their water mark in the pictures. So the new seller must've go access to that picture from inside. Correct me if i'm wrong, unless of cause AL accepted screen shots with AL watermark in pictures.

am i the only one who finds it a bit hard to take it serious when you look at OP's name O.o

and the fact that i couldn't find pictures of the same car with 50k and 90k millage

Edited by Schiffer
  • Like 2

Whats the add.. post the link..

If it indeed IS the OP's car and has been clocked backwards I think AL may also have have a certain liability for the misrepresentation of a product sold. I AM curious to see AL's action on this.

If I were AL; I would tell the owner that there is evidence of fraud (which would have to be supplied by the OP) and take down the advert (and not refund the money just to teach a lesson). AL may loose business from a few crooks, but would gain the overall trust of the car buyer as a classified that can be trusted. And in a world with 'quick' classifieds with fake adds and sunday papers flooded by brokers, it will certainly help AL on the long run.

I second it watchman

And pissa is missing

Yep he is missing. Any attempt of getting attraction or prevent selling of that car?

OP please share those links please

I was wondering how they got access to same pictures. Because AL has their water mark in the pictures. So the new seller must've go access to that picture from inside. Correct me if i'm wrong, unless of cause AL accepted screen shots with AL watermark in pictures.

the watermark will sort of get on top of each other so it can be reuse

and AFAIK autolanka office keep the pics in the hard drive for sometime so maybe he requested to use the same pics

Sounds like we need a lawyer and a cop here (Perhaps a psychiatrist too). We have a fraud (Odometer tampering), intellectual property right violation (Pics) and a missing person (pissa). A story line for a B-grade movie?

• Like 7

No bit still it's a scam so bring it to notice of the Autolanka team. It's an obvious wrongdoing to turn back the odo. Bring this to supra's notice

Moderators have no jurisdiction over what happens on the AL ads I'm afraid... Madhawa needs to get involved for that.

not missing. :) Just had an awesome friday night and just got up... the previous ad (mine) is no longer there.. it's the yaris. these are not screenshots btw. I think AL allows users to re-use ads as long as the reference number is given.. which to me, is not a very good practice IMHO.

btw. there is plenty of evidence in this instance, the car was (when in my care) maintained exclusively at Toyota Lanka. They should have the last service records done at 91k or there about...

and hello ruslan! :)

Edited by pissa

Look guys, there's very little Autolanka can do about this. Autolanka doesn't have any proof about the odometer tampering and even if they do, they are not cops or a regulatory authority of any sort. Autolanka can only delete the ad and refund the 800 bucks, which will not have any damn effect on anything.

But what WE CAN do, is to have some fun at the seller's expense. I don't mind taking him for a very long ride when I'm free :)