• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5.75" Halo Angel Eye Headlights Sri Lanka

chamatharavinda

There are CCFL and LED halos. The CCFL halos have a more consistent look to them.

The kits that have just the halo ring will need disassembly of your headlamps but if your lamps are simple circles as pictured, you can get the whole lamp which will be an easier swap.

Ebay is your friend.

What's the car mate? If you have 5.75" lights, a 2 inch red halo will look pretty awkward.

Not to mention it's RED in colour!

No driver with any common sense would fit red lights as headlights! You' don't want to be driving along thinking you're following the tailights of the car in front, but they happen to be the headlights of the oncoming car.

PS:

This idea is even more idiotic than having blue signal indicators. (Care to guess who came up with that idea)

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Honestly I still think it's a pretty bad idea. I just took the photo above, pulled down the colour curve (to simulate darkness)

Having seen the original I personally cant say if this is the front of a SUV or the back of a pickup. Imagine overtaking a bus in the night and you see this in front of you.

18re.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly I still think it's a pretty bad idea. I just took the photo above, pulled down the colour curve (to simulate darkness)

Having seen the original I personally cant say if this is the front of a SUV or the back of a pickup. Imagine overtaking a bus in the night and you see this in front of you.

18re.jpg

if it comes without headlights on ;)

18re.jpg

Red halos aren't really my cuppa tea either but, these would be accompanied by headlights at night, which will easily overpower the halos (making them even more pointless) and make them distinguishable.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have few questions to be clarified.... If I'm to fix Angel lights for a Nissan Presea R11,

1. If there are no Presea angel lights available around the world, then I will have to replace some other model's headlights yes? Is it even possible?

2. I believe in that case, I will have to replace the front buffer too. If I do so, it will not be an original presea buffer yes? Will it be a customized buffer that comes with some other model? (in that case the entire front look of the presea will change yes?)

3. In that case, if I'm required to change the front buffer, can I fix any kind of Angel light design for this? lights like what you find via this link--->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2002-Honda-Accord-JDM-Black-Angel-Eye-Halo-Projector-LED-Headlight-Headlamp-/330554801823

4. What are the drawbacks of going through this process?

5. And the picture of the car I have attached with along this message is a modified Presea. Does it contain Angel lights or is it just the normal light?

PS: I couldn't find any other presea that has angel lights even in the internet, so curious :)

Appreciate if ya"ll could provide me with answers as I have a very low knowledge about cars and it's modifications :)

post-70260-0-72983400-1428118848_thumb.j

2. I believe in that case, I will have to replace the front buffer too. If I do so, it will not be an original presea buffer yes? Will it be a customized buffer that comes with some other model? (in that case the entire front look of the presea will change yes?)

3. In that case, if I'm required to change the front buffer, can I fix any kind of Angel light design for this? lights like what you find via this link--->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2002-Honda-Accord-JDM-Black-Angel-Eye-Halo-Projector-LED-Headlight-Headlamp-/330554801823

5. And the picture of the car I have attached with along this message is a modified Presea. Does it contain Angel lights or is it just the normal light?

attachicon.gif250236_10150290546691392_2757389_n.jpg

tumblr_m8j5w4NTNH1r0hxjuo2_500.jpg

• Like 3

Hi, I have few questions to be clarified.... If I'm to fix Angel lights for a Nissan Presea R11,

1. If there are no Presea angel lights available around the world, then I will have to replace some other model's headlights yes? Is it even possible?

PS: I couldn't find any other presea that has angel lights even in the internet, so curious :)

Appreciate if ya"ll could provide me with answers as I have a very low knowledge about cars and it's modifications :)

1. Yes, they can be purchased separately and installed into the existing lights, It would be unwise to try to hack in a set of lights from a another make/ model

2. Try to keep modifications to a minimal, or preserve the original and use another bumper to 'decorate'

3. With fibreglass and good tinker, any front end job is possible, however I'd advice u again to keep things minimal, and in a way you can restore it back to OEM once you pass this phase

4. Drawbacks - These angel eye lights are not as good as OEM lights, Aftermarket HIDs are messy and problematic at times, To use HIDs a projector lens is a must, Installing angel eyes into existing lights may later cause leaks, cracks etc in the original lights, You will be called a Vesak thorana, It will have a bad outcome one your resale value, value will be inversely proportional to the hacking you have done to the front end of the car. These mods may render offensive light outputs and disturb oncoming traffic harming you and others, you may get copped for light mods above 8000K (cop dependent). Excessive mods to the front bumper may hamper radiator / aircon functions, over expose the radiator to the elements and debris shortening its lifespan, affect aerodynamics, overall safety of the car, and ground clearance, and a negligible difference to fuel economy.

5. As far as I can see, the car in the picture has OEM lights, maybe allotted to some country spec, with a subtle mod known as Eyelids

Hope this may steer you the right way. cheers

Edited by tiv
  • Like 2

1. Yes, they can be purchased separately and installed into the existing lights, It would be unwise to try to hack in a set of lights from a another make/ model

2. Try to keep modifications to a minimal, or preserve the original and use another bumper to 'decorate'

3. With fibreglass and good tinker, any front end job is possible, however I'd advice u again to keep things minimal, and in a way you can restore it back to OEM once you pass this phase

4. Drawbacks - These angel eye lights are not as good as OEM lights, Aftermarket HIDs are messy and problematic at times, To use HIDs a projector lens is a must, Installing angel eyes into existing lights may later cause leaks, cracks etc in the original lights, You will be called a Vesak thorana, It will have a bad outcome one your resale value, value will be inversely proportional to the hacking you have done to the front end of the car. These mods may render offensive light outputs and disturb oncoming traffic harming you and others, you may get copped for light mods above 8000K (cop dependent). Excessive mods to the front bumper may hamper radiator / aircon functions, over expose the radiator to the elements and debris shortening its lifespan, affect aerodynamics, overall safety of the car, and ground clearance, and a negligible difference to fuel economy.

5. As far as I can see, the car in the picture has OEM lights, maybe allotted to some country spec, with a subtle mod known as Eyelids

Hope this may steer you the right way. cheers

Thanks a mil for your elaboration and advice.... Given the drawbacks, I decided not to go with the Angel lights, and preserve its original lights :)

Thanks a mil for your elaboration and advice.... Given the drawbacks, I decided not to go with the Angel lights, and preserve its original lights :)

On your imaginary Presea? You are a hallucinating big time aren't you?

There are LED and CCFL "rings" you can buy at many sizes. The headlight sealing can then be heated and pried open, the rings installed and the headlight sealed back together. This resealing is the dodgy bit and "may" end up ruining the unit. About your game plan to modify the entire front end just to have the halos...dude seriously?

There are LED and CCFL "rings" you can buy at many sizes. The headlight sealing can then be heated and pried open, the rings installed and the headlight sealed back together. This resealing is the dodgy bit and "may" end up ruining the unit. About your game plan to modify the entire front end just to have the halos...dude seriously?

No I'm not going to do any modifications to the front end, neither any part of the car :) I didn't know the consequences so that's why wanted to clarify how bad it is going to be if I am to do that... Well yes I had this sudden urge to plant the angels, but never knew it was going to be this bad, so now I have completely taken it off my mind and will preserve it's originality.... Thanks Hoonigan! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All :)

2 more questions on the light thing... :)

1. By default, the fog lights in the presea doesnt work... Does these same drawbacks occur if I use these strip lights shown in this link below for the fog lights?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2x-20-White-48-LED-Strip-Daytime-Running-Light-Driving-DRL-Fog-Lamp-Style-/161489371455?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259984413f&vxp=mtr

2. In this picture I have attached, it shows the this light strip is explicitly added to the headlights... So in this case, do I have to undergo the same resealing mechanism ya"ll elaborated ? (Or using these strips doesnt have any drawbacks unlike the installation of halo's? )

Thanks in advance :)

post-70260-0-43314100-1429720339_thumb.j