• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

I don't but, few of my office mates bought down stuff like Lap tops, Tablets, perfumes and I almost went on ordering myself a spoiler for the car. Also I saw one member in AL also bought down tires for his car through them. Heard they take time but delivers without any issue. You can get a price quote from them before ordering...

Anyways, when you are really in to this, I suggest try local places like Euronippon & US auto as they also have these stuff with them. When you are ready let me know...

Need the photos with the stickers as soon as you sorted out your browser/internet issue...

Yes bracket, If you try at Euronippon Dambulla branch,and if you found the right thing, just ask the price . don't buy and let me know. I know few chaps there and try to get a bargain.

Any reason why Kapruk shipping service is such a mess? Are they over promising to lure the business or are they waiting for a fair amount of goods to pile up in their warehouse so they can ship all of them at once or are they simply pulling some dodgy stunt?

Its the pile up amd ship issue. They do it but dont admit it. And keep lying about where the shipment is. When the supplieers delivered the goods to kapruka, as tracked by the american freight companies, they took over a month to establish that they had indeed received it. Then another 4 months went by where no one knew what happened to the goods. No track of where they are nothing. Finally they admitted they had lost it. I cant understand how such a big consignment goes missing. There were my calipers, which alone was a huge box, and a set of d2 fully adjustable coilovers, a brembo brake pad kit and a set of home theatre speakers. Delivered in two consignments. Goods were accepted by kapruka warehouse and mysteriously disappeared.

Even the refund was given after we muscled a senior executive legally to give it. Things got ugly. But eventually refund in full to the dollar value of the goods.

I think the issue is that they have no solid way to track a package reliably at any point of time. They know only when it's in their building. Happened the same with a set of tyres in my case. But they did ultimately show up.

Recently, they have been having trouble delivering a damned cake to Colombo 3 before 4pm, so go figure. Their entire operation seems to be in a mess TBH.

Sorry about the OT Bracket.

I'm afraid it won't. The 1.5/1.6l engine has a different setup as to where the dip stick is and where the cover mounting screws are.

Kapruka lost my wilwood brakes in a shipment worth 260,000. It was all the lying, bulshitting and covering up that was the worst of all. Took 6 months to get refunded. So much time as to lose a significant amount on dollar appreciation!

I did my first purchase from them (set of lug nuts & an air filter) and they came alright. Took nearly 2 months though. Planning on a set of lowering springs next and now I kinda have second thoughts :)

Planning on a set of lowering springs next and now I kinda have second thoughts :)

good god machan dont, i learned this the hard way! simple physics of the matter is:

lowered springs have less flex, to avoid the car bottoming out. they're much stiffer than the OEM springs. the stock dampers are built to handle the flex rate of the stock springs. so you end up with tight springs and soft shocks. its suicide. car won't hold the road and the ride is torture. i mean you just can't drive it 50 feet without a fractured vertebra.

if you want to lower, there is no cheap alternative you HAVE to go for a coilover strut conversion with camber and tow adjustment arms for the suspension.

these, basically: (for your information, i'm not saying this is the ONLy brand/part out there)

rear camber and toe kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TruHart-Rear-Camber-Toe-Kit-for-08-12-Accord-09-13-TSX-TL-TH-H210-/181454219194?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3f83a7ba&vxp=mtr

front camber kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whiteline-Front-Camber-Adjusting-Bolt-Kit-12mm-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-Evolu-/141190631185?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20df9e0f11&vxp=mtr

coilovers with adjustable dampening and ride height:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D2-Racing-RS-Adjustable-Coilovers-08-12-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Ralliart-/261476871224?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ALancer&hash=item3ce13c6c38&vxp=mtr

so you get an idea of what you need to be done.

suspension geometry will give the car a negative camber on the wheels when you lower (as in the car will be running on the inner lip of the tyre, and it will look like its "squatting") you have to correct this, or you'll be running through tyres faster than louis suares has memes made of his teeth!

here's a shot of a car lowered with camber corrected

tumblr_mrrwmkTfwE1srtrv3o1_500_zps4c59c0

here's what it looks like when camber is NOT corrected:

download_zps26fdd1c4.jpg

here of course its not corrected because you cant, when its slammed to that level. but you get the idea, hopefully!

Oh wait my bad that was not brackets car. El

Nino what's yours?

LOL Komi don't worry it's the same apparently. BTW I actually tried to say that I have second thoughts on buying through kapruka, since you lost your stuff :) Then you took it to a whole new level with coilovers and camber kits! My god lets leave it at that otherwise Bracket's gonna kill us for raping his thread. I'll PM you, and thanks for the heads up buddy.

Nope carry on guys. I'm having a hard time with the browser so cant view pics but ELNINO your experience with lowering will be very helpful as we both have same cars :) If you do that dont forget to post some pics aa...

euro Lanka spares on fb has brought down the entire evo body kit. 265,000 they say.

Yeah saw that. BTW it was 235,000 (if that's gonna make any difference :P)

Oh and there was this kit from another importer, an awesome FQ400. But the asking price was nearly 8 lkhs! :speechless-smiley-004:

I was like thanks, but no thanks.

• Like 1

Ron Jeremy! My hero *-swoon-*

On a completely bonkers note: euro Lanka spares on fb has brought down the entire evo body kit. 265,000 they say.

Too early? Yeah... Too early...

Ko bang,, searched their time line and I count not find it.. link please.

And yako euro lanka is run by the guy who I bought the spoiler from... now only I got to know that,,,,,

• Like 1

Yeah saw that. BTW it was 235,000 (if that's gonna make any difference :P)

Oh and there was this kit from another importer, an awesome FQ400. But the asking price was nearly 8 lkhs! :speechless-smiley-004:

I was like thanks, but no thanks.

Body kits only or entire conversion kit?