• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius, Honda Fit/ Vezel Recall Information

osaka_dude

Thank you!I will not make any further comments about non-technical or personal questions regarding this Recall.

machang, hate to look down upon you and insult you... but there are one or two members here who are actually senior Toyota staff, not in Lanka...they don't even mention it. You on the other hand is dumbass godaya mofo who thinks that coming and telling us that you have walked in to Toyota HQ would make us jizz in our pants and treat you like a demi God. So it's better that you STFU about how cool you are and go back to the little garage you came out from. All the details you have put out has been discussed, argued over and cried over in the past few months. You brought nothing new to the table, hence you are of no use.

It is you who is trying to be a 'pora' here and it's not working.

Is this clear enough for you or should I use a crayon and draw?

Now shoo!!

• Like 3

So much for legendary Toyota reliability and bullet proof engineering. I hope TL will act promptly and take immediate action. It's really bad when they avoid or delay fixing the problem. (GM at the moment anyone??) I feel that even if most Prius' are grey imports since TL is owned by the parent company that they have to take responsibility. However who knows in SL getting away with anything is possible.

Could this affect SL's balance of payments ;) I mean without 27km/l cars on our roads our import bill is bound to skyrocket :lol:

• Like 2

A bit OT but does anyone know how used batteries off these hybrids are disposed of in SL?

god knows if the people are aware of how poisonous these Ni-MH batteries are with all the heavy metals inside.Probably TL will have to start collecting them for recycling as done in Japan.

A good Summary of next steps from iRage,Thanks!

1. yes...Prius owners should go get it checked out and they have been given the means to go get it done.

2. see what the outcome is...

3. if the inverter does need to be changed..stay calm and negotiate what needs to be done with TL (they already might have strategy to go about this although they haven't put out a press statement saying "We are going to replace inverters" when it is not mandatory at this stage.

4. Do NOT go start arguing and demanding and pressuring TL (lets face it TL is not going ot have the same level of service as Toyota dealership in Japan no matter how much pressure you put on them)....past experience has shown that when there is only one doctor in town getting that doctor pissed off at you before getting treatment is to your own disadvantage.

4. If you do feel that you are getting screwed by TL then write to TMC Japan, they are a reasonable bunch...and they will be able to help you out (granted you might have to incur some costs as well)

about time zone question,at the moment I am in the EU zone.

• Like 1

god knows if the people are aware of how poisonous these Ni-MH batteries are with all the heavy metals inside.Probably TL will have to start collecting them for recycling as done in Japan.

about time zone question,at the moment I am in the EU zone.

Exactly my fear. I think the CEA or some government body needs to get involved here.

Recalls are made for 81,000 Japanese made HONDA FIT ,VEZEL Hybrid cars.
http://www.honda.co.jp/news/2014/c140210.pdf

In japan they are fixed for free acc. to Road safety law requirements..

manufacture date:2013/7~2014/2

This is the 3rd recall for this model,due to a failure in the the 7-speed transmission,gear wheels could become stuck.
start-up from stop could become slow or impossible .
The root cause is a software problem,which leads to gearbox damage.

Repair method is to scan transmission logs,if errors are found change gearbox components and update the transmission computer software.

Honda 本田技研工業(株)
Edited by osaka_dude

I feel that even if most Prius' are grey imports since TL is owned by the parent company that they have to take responsibility. However who knows in SL getting away with anything is possible.

Well as TMC will definitely take responsibility TL will have to assume it on behalf of TMC...but then there always is the possibility of you having to pay shipping charges or some ridiculous charge (as I am somewhat certain is the case in many other countries as well. Although rumor has it Australia and Singapore have decent support for greys by the agent) etc...especially if the vehicle is something that was not intended for the market in which the recall is being claimed in. But then again if the Prius is available through the dealer in SL and the specs are pretty much the same (are they ?) and since the recall applies to ones that were sold by TL themselves (they do right ?) I guess you have pretty good odds of having TL do it completely free. With a recall I guess you do have some leverage unlike in something like a warranty claim. Now if the recall was for an Allion or Premio (it would be a good time to be a shrink in SL..ok..that was a low blow) I would say the possibility of you getting it done completely free would be less.

Has any of the Prius owners on AL gone and done the software update ? Does anyone know first hand how "decent" TL was in handling it ? Or if anyone actually asked TL what would happen if the his/her inverter needed replacement ? Would be nice to hear about the actual experience from some of the owners..right now we are all just speculating.

If my memory serves me correct the old thread on battery replacementhybrid systems discussed about some company in SL with some ties in SG (or someplace like that) doing the swaps? I thought somewhere in that it was said that the batteries get sent to SG (but then people had mixed feelings about the place so the validity of the claim itself would be on the balance) ?

You should seriously rename your handle to recall_dude or something :)

Again there is another thread for this :)....also I don't think there were any Vezels in the country at the time but Fits would have def. been there...

• Like 1

my cousin has a manager friend working at TL, he has told(in Private) not to bother since fault is applicable only when speed exceeds 300 Km/h!

I wonder If a Prius can go that fast(last time i was in Germany,I saw no Prius going head to head with Porsche 911s and Audi R8 s in the fast lane of the speed-unlimited German Autobahn)

agree with this guy on the sense that this happens when the load on the Hybrid System is high.

Then the power dissipation on the electronic components will be high, and this leads to overheating (and fire risk if continued).

300km/h could be one use case, but from Engineering point of view,vehicle speed is not the only thing that matters for system load.

You could also have similar high system load when going uphill, with a fully packed car at normal speeds.

After all,the recall is made in Japan where speed limit on public roads is 40 and on highway 100km/h.

I hope the official stance of TL is better for the customers.

Edited by osaka_dude

recondition Prius owners beware!

Recalls are made for ALL Prius ZVW30 cars made between 2009~2014.

In japan they are fixed for free under JP-Law.

The power control computer can overheat and to avoid fire, car could go into fail-safe mode or stop while driving.

Repair method is software update and replacing the AC-DC inverter module.

for potential Prius buyers;You can find the affected chassis numbers in this table.

ZVW30-1000000~ZVW30-1795341 462,000 cars

ZVW30-5000004~ZVW30-5740951 450,000 cars

ZVW30-0052877~ZVW30-0333134 85,000 cars

http://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140212_634876.html

Toyota company page:

http://toyota.jp/recall/2014/0212.html

Isn't this a bit of an old story about 2 months back?

my cousin has a manager friend working at TL, he has told(in Private) not to bother since fault is applicable only when speed exceeds 300 Km/h!

I wonder If a Prius can go that fast(last time i was in Germany,I saw no Prius going head to head with Porsche 911s and Audi R8 s in the fast lane of the speed-unlimited German Autobahn)

From my understanding the problem occurs when it travels 300 or 400km distance at a stretch. Speed is irrelevant.

Forget 300km/h most of them barely exceed 30kmph in order to save fuel.

• Like 6

Aney tho wage gon nambek!!!

.mervin.jpg

From my understanding the problem occurs when it travels 300 or 400km distance at a stretch. Speed is irrelevant.

Forget 300km/h most of them barely exceed 30kmph in order to save fuel.

this is not intended for Prius or Hybrid-bashing.

I am an Engineer in the auto industry for over 7years now,of which 4years i spent in Japan.

he's the dumbest fcuking 'engineer' I've seen in a while. 7 years in the industry and he doesn't have the knowledge let alone the common sense to realize that 300kmph is freakishly fast for any car let alone an econo box.

Oh man I cant wait... in 43 years we'll have our 2nd Sylvi.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 8

agree with this guy on the sense that this happens when the load on the Hybrid System is high.

Then the power dissipation on the electronic components will be high, and this leads to overheating (and fire risk if continued).

300km/h could be one use case, but from Engineering point of view,vehicle speed is not the only thing that matters for system load.

You could also have similar high system load when going uphill, with a fully packed car at normal speeds.

After all,the recall is made in Japan where speed limit on public roads is 40 and on highway 100km/h.

I hope the official stance of TL is better for the customers.

1240317_507396826020522_16651319_n.jpg

• Like 2

ANACONDA sized Garandiaya loose in Autolanka!!!!

Ganin Kossa!!!!

he's the dumbest fcuking 'engineer' I've seen in a while. 7 years in the industry and he doesn't have the knowledge let alone the common sense to realize that 300kmph is freakishly fast for any car let alone an econo box.

Hey mudslinger Watchman a.k.a VVTi,

you seem to be under the impression that Engineering is over,and the technologies we use can be no more improved.

So Engineers have to know about everything to the end.

FYI Engineers dont know everything about all things,and good engineers know that.But their curiosity and interest to learn will never fade until they die.

but I am quite sure by looking at your comments that you have something against people who have more technical knowledge than you.

in fact I was warned by some well-wishers,about such people in AL who want to dominate the forum and get Admin to ban members who seem knowleadgeble..

my comment "wonder If a Prius can go that fast(last time i was in Germany,I saw no Prius going head to head with Porsche 911s and Audi R8 s in the fast lane of the speed-unlimited German Autobahn)"

was totally intended for sarcasm,that the TL manager has thought the Prius can go 300kmph,NOT me!

your IQ must be really low,not to get this joke!

Here is a real-life situation where 300kmh is reached with street cars.

at 2min21s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY9bFhUz8fY

probably you have not heard of the Autobahn highways in Europe where speed is unlimited.

I dont want to waste my time or fall to your low-level by replying anymore to your dumbA$$ ,off-topic comments.

Please do intelligent and serious AL readers a favor and go back to m@sturb@ting! :violent-smiley-027:

Edited by osaka_dude
  • Like 2

you seem to be under the impression that Engineering is over,and the technologies we use can be no more improved.

FYI Engineers dont know everything about all things,and good engineers know that.But their curiosity and interest to learn will never fade until they die.

but I am quite sure by looking at your comments that you have something against people who have more technical knowledge than you.

in fact I was warned by some well-wishers,about such people in AL who want to dominate the forum and get Admin to ban members who seem knowleadgeble..

at 2min21s

probably you have not heard of the Autobahn highways in Europe where speed is unlimited.

I dont want to waste my time or fall to your low-level by replying anymore to your dumbA$$ ,off-topic comments.

Please do intelligent and serious AL readers a favor and go back to m@sturb@ting! :violent-smiley-027:

You dont get it do you? its not that its impossible to reach that speed

the AMS Alpha Omega GTR did 0-300km/h in 7.98 seconds

but those arent the kind of speeds reached everyday.

Edited by Magnum

He.

#1 Do you honestly believe that you have "more" technical knowledge if you think that a prius can reach 300km/h? Since you're so awesome at sharing videos, can you share one of a prius doing 300kmph? I would love to see that! The IQ of the general prius fanatic is truly hilarious.

#2. VVTi and I are two people FYI. And please tell us who these well-wishers are they keep asking idiots to join/rejoin the forum when their value addition is clearly zero. And yeah, the mods are my puppets. In fact I get Hon.Joint Mod to give me handjobs too so that I dont have to waste my time m@sterb@ting. :P

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

my comment "wonder If a Prius can go that fast(last time i was in Germany,I saw no Prius going head to head with Porsche 911s and Audi R8 s in the fast lane of the speed-unlimited German Autobahn)"

was totally intended for sarcasm,that the TL manager has thought the Prius can go 300kmph,NOT me!

your IQ must be really low,not to get this joke!

at 2min21s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY9bFhUz8fY

How to masturbate? You are breaking the train of thought with your dumbass ramblings noh.