• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ex

Spock

Question

Hi Guys,

After following your posts close to 6 months(including BRATTs) I have decided to go for a Lancer EX ignoring all my friends' advices on its getting rid of factor. But being a middle class citizen this factor always tingles my mind :(

Now I am hell bent on buying a Lancer EX only to find that there are no Lancers available in the market at the moment for my budget (32M). There is one for 38laks which I think is overpriced even considering the modifications done. All the other ones I could find are manuals which I do not like that much.

Can you guys tell me how I can find a Lancer EX. I have now been searching for a car for more than 1 month. There are no EXs on Autolanka at all. Also can those people who own an automatic EX tell me the fuel consumption figures. Because in these post on sites I find it as 11-12 kpl and BRATT has said the brand new one only does 8 kpl.

24 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

After following your posts close to 6 months(including BRATTs) I have decided to go for a Lancer EX ignoring all my friends' advices on its getting rid of factor. But being a middle class citizen this factor always tingles my mind :(

Now I am hell bent on buying a Lancer EX only to find that there are no Lancers available in the market at the moment for my budget (32M). There is one for 38laks which I think is overpriced even considering the modifications done. All the other ones I could find are manuals which I do not like that much.

Can you guys tell me how I can find a Lancer EX. I have now been searching for a car for more than 1 month. There are no EXs on Autolanka at all. Also can those people who own an automatic EX tell me the fuel consumption figures. Because in these post on sites I find it as 11-12 kpl and BRATT has said the brand new one only does 8 kpl.

Didn't you call Unit#d Mot#rs? Some times they have used EXs for sale. I have seen few in Unit#d Mot#rs Kurunegala but not recently..I agree with BRATT regarding brand new car fuel consumption might be bit low..But fuel figures may reach around 11 kmpl average afterwards..

Didn't you call Unit#d Mot#rs? Some times they have used EXs for sale. I have seen few in Unit#d Mot#rs Kurunegala but not recently..I agree with BRATT regarding brand new car fuel consumption might be bit low..But fuel figures may reach around 11 kmpl average afterwards..

Didnt actually know UM has second hand vehicles for sale..Lemme chk with em..

Is it true that it takes more than 40k to fix the ABS sensor issue by UM :speechless-smiley-003:

Called UM and they said they do not have second hand vehicles for sale :sad-smiley-068:

Welcome to the forum!

Didnt actually know UM has second hand vehicles for sale..Lemme chk with em..

Is it true that it takes more than 40k to fix the ABS sensor issue by UM :speechless-smiley-003:

As far as I know, only the initial batches of the Lancer EX had this ABS sensor issue, and that too was repaired by the agent under warranty. So if you're going for a Lancer EX which was bought down before 2010 (Not sure if that is the actual year it was corrected out of the factory), you should check the service history of the car with the agents to get to know if the ABS sensor issue was actually repaired. For a new EX, you shouldn't worry about it. This was discussed on a few other Lancer EX threads as well.

Welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, only the initial batches of the Lancer EX had this ABS sensor issue, and that too was repaired by the agent under warranty. So if you're going for a Lancer EX which was bought down before 2010 (Not sure if that is the actual year it was corrected out of the factory), you should check the service history of the car with the agents to get to know if the ABS sensor issue was actually repaired. For a new EX, you shouldn't worry about it. This was discussed on a few other Lancer EX threads as well.

With the current budget I have I dont think I can get a 2010 or later Lancer Davy. It will have to be 2007/08 based on the market rates I have seen. My only worry is that if this is relative then all the other spare parts could be very expensive too. & I should say that I ddnt find a clear cut answer for this spares issues in any post i went through :speechless-smiley-004:

Are there spare parts for Lancer EXs that you can find in Panchikawatte..Being a FB15 ex-owner I never had issues finding spares for my previous vehicle

With the current budget I have I dont think I can get a 2010 or later Lancer Davy. It will have to be 2007/08 based on the market rates I have seen. My only worry is that if this is relative then all the other spare parts could be very expensive too. & I should say that I ddnt find a clear cut answer for this spares issues in any post i went through :speechless-smiley-004:

Are there spare parts for Lancer EXs that you can find in Panchikawatte..Being a FB15 ex-owner I never had issues finding spares for my previous vehicle

You still wouldn't have to worry about the ABS sensor issue. Just call the agents, give them the registration number of the car and ask them if the ABS issue has been rectified and if the car originally had the issue. They will probably give you the repair history as well, if you ask.

EX owners on the forum will give you a good idea about the availability of spares outside UniMo.

You still wouldn't have to worry about the ABS sensor issue. Just call the agents, give them the registration number of the car and ask them if the ABS issue has been rectified and if the car originally had the issue. They will probably give you the repair history as well, if you ask.

EX owners on the forum will give you a good idea about the availability of spares outside UniMo.

Thanks Davy :speechless-smiley-006:

Any EX owners who can shed some light...

<p>

Are there spare parts for Lancer EXs that you can find in Panchikawatte..Being a FB15 ex-owner I never had issues finding spares for my previous vehicle</p></blockquote>

Mate, I've a Galant which is even rarer than the Ex. At first it was hard to find parts. But now, I know where to go and to whom to talk to, to get parts. Most of the stuff is available in Delkanda which in my opinion, is better than Panchi due to low number of hawkers and not so aggressive sales people.

Even some of the hard to find parts can be bought off people like Mitsu Mahinda and I'm sure the rest of the Mitsu boys will share their parts dealer details when you need it. Believe me when I say this since I benefitted immensely due to their collected knowledge.

<p>

Are there spare parts for Lancer EXs that you can find in Panchikawatte..Being a FB15 ex-owner I never had issues finding spares for my previous vehicle</p></blockquote>

Mate, I've a Galant which is even rarer than the Ex. At first it was hard to find parts. But now, I know where to go and to whom to talk to, to get parts. Most of the stuff is available in Delkanda which in my opinion, is better than Panchi due to low number of hawkers and not so aggressive sales people.

Even some of the hard to find parts can be bought off people like Mitsu Mahinda and I'm sure the rest of the Mitsu boys will share their parts dealer details when you need it. Believe me when I say this since I benefitted immensely due to their collected knowledge.

Thanks Sierra,, :sport-smiley-004:

Finding a EX is much harder than I initially thought though...

Thanks Sierra,, :sport-smiley-004:

Finding a EX is much harder than I initially thought though...

Even finding a CS3 is...

People may say Mitsubishi's and Mazda s are hard to sell but i think it's even harder to find one.

Hey Guys,

I can announce myself as a proud Lancer EX owner now. Found a fabulous Lancer EX GLS 2008 owned by a doc. He had taken care it like it was his baby :)

And I cannot wait to jump into the car and start driving again. It feels super awesome. Only the issue is it did only 9kmpl in an outstation drive. But it has not been serviced for 7000 kms and I hope servicing might improve the efficiency. Or is there anything else I can do about it lyk changing air filter??? Owner said it does not need tuneup.

Thanks all of you to helping me out to make the best decision and encouraging me to be patient.

• Like 4

Hey Guys,

I can announce myself as a proud Lancer EX owner now. Found a fabulous Lancer EX GLS 2008 owned by a doc. He had taken care it like it was his baby :)

And I cannot wait to jump into the car and start driving again. It feels super awesome. Only the issue is it did only 9kmpl in an outstation drive. But it has not been serviced for 7000 kms and I hope servicing might improve the efficiency. Or is there anything else I can do about it lyk changing air filter??? Owner said it does not need tuneup.

Thanks all of you to helping me out to make the best decision and encouraging me to be patient.

Congratz...

But I found minor discrepancy in " looked after like a baby" and "has not been serviced for 7k kms.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Congratulations on your car.

I wouldn't buy into the "doctor owned" hype too much. Went to see a Doctor owned car myself recently and the car was showing signs of neglect, which the good doctor explained with "you buy these kind of cars to use as is noh, you don't really go and replace anything".

hate to burst your bubble but 9kmpl sounds like the likely figure for this car (or any petrol car for that matter, barring those marutis and the like).

@Crosswind, isn't it a bad figure for an outstation drive?

Congratulations on the buy. AutoLanka is having a lot of new babies these days.

As for the fuel consumption figures, if it's 9km/l within the city, then that's pretty normal as Crosswind said. But outstation should be a bit more as far as I know. Ignore the "doctor's advice" and do a service and a get a full tune-up/diagnosis done.

Congratulations on your car.

I wouldn't buy into the "doctor owned" hype too much. Went to see a Doctor owned car myself recently and the car was showing signs of neglect, which the good doctor explained with "you buy these kind of cars to use as is noh, you don't really go and replace anything".

Actually this doc had taken good care of the car. He had all the maintenance records filed nicely and he had even filed the paper advertisement on the Lancer EX back in 2007 along with the car manual and brochure. Even he had given away the Mitsubishi umbrella that came with the car. :D

All the maintenance were done on time and only from UniMo. And the car drives flourishly. Just yesterday a Vezel driver was trying to mess with me and I showed him the power of the Lancer ;)

Actually this doc had taken good care of the car. He had all the maintenance records filed nicely and he had even filed the paper advertisement on the Lancer EX back in 2007 along with the car manual and brochure. Even he had given away the Mitsubishi umbrella that came with the car. :D

All the maintenance were done on time and only from UniMo. And the car drives flourishly. Just yesterday a Vezel driver was trying to mess with me and I showed him the power of the Lancer ;)

Be careful with your new ride Bro . There is no need to prove that Lancer EX is better than the Vessel,all the members of the forum know that. No road rage.

• Like 4