• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car For 1.2 Million (Auto With 1.3 Below Engine)

Iroshw

Question

Hi all,

I'm planning to purchase a car below 1.2 million. Please recommend a car

* Auto

* Engine capacity below 1.3cc

* Full Option

* Less/easy maintenance

* Should not be very old

I have used a Mitsubishi C62A a few months ago and was fed up with fuel and maintenance. So I seek your help regarding this matter.

I know I'm dreaming a luxury car for a very low cost but please help me...

Irosh

23 answers to this question

Hi all,
I'm planning to purchase a car below 1.2 million. Please recommend a car
* Auto
* Engine capacity below 1.3cc
* Full Option
* Less/easy maintenance
* Should not be very old
I have used a Mitsubishi C62A a few months ago and was fed up with fuel and maintenance. So I seek your help regarding this matter.
I know I'm dreaming a luxury car for a very low cost but please help me...
Irosh

Is your 'below 1.3 L ' requirement based on the assumption that lower engine capacity = lower fuel consumption? IF so you are in for a surprise. You can get a 1.3 L Nissan Sunny B14 with Automatic transmission for between 1.2 and 1.3 Mill but you won't get good fuel consumption figures.

Is your 'below 1.3 L ' requirement based on the assumption that lower engine capacity = lower fuel consumption? IF so you are in for a surprise. You can get a 1.3 L Nissan Sunny B14 with Automatic transmission for between 1.2 and 1.3 Mill but you won't get good fuel consumption figures.

Yes, indeed. This low engine capacity goes with good fuel economy is a total myth.

It certainly depends on power to weight ratio. When this is not compatible you have to accelerate hard to achieve a certain speed which results in bad fuel economy.

It's not a surprise that 1.3L vitz has a better fuel economy than 1L one.

Bro, if the engine capacity is 1.3c or below, the fuel consumption should be low right? I mean not 18km/1l at least 13-14km/1lt ...

As mentioned I used a Mitsubishi ASP car which has 1.5cc engine. Very low fuel consumption. So that is why thought to go for a lower engine.

I have a few cars in my list, please add if you know more similar/better cars...

Zen

March

Wagon R

Kelisa

Japanese Alto (four door)

Also have seen CK1/CK2 with 1.3 engines.

I don't prefer to go for Kia or Hyundai cars due to less part availability

Bro, if the engine capacity is 1.3c or below, the fuel consumption should be low right? I mean not 18km/1l at least 13-14km/1lt ...

As mentioned I used a Mitsubishi ASP car which has 1.5cc engine. Very low fuel consumption. So that is why thought to go for a lower engine.

No. That is not correct mainly because the modern cars are all ECU controlled and EFI based . If you compare 1.3L and 1.5L variants of the same model, the higher capacity one gives a better fuel efficiency. With older carburetor type engines the story could be a bit different, at least in practice.

It's not always true and depends on the vehicle. If the car is heavy, with a small engine it will drink more fuel. As Sathyajith said this is the case with Vitz where 1300cc does better than 1000cc. Same goes for March I think.

Relatively lighter car like Alto would benefit from a small engine. And I understand the economy of C62A as I had a CB2A that did like 7-8 KMPL in Colombo traffic.

Edited by hrm

What about the maintenance of Kelisa? I know Viva Elite is a good car the problem comes due to low ground clearance.

Maintenance is reasonable and ground clearance is better than Viva Elite as I know. Though it's a 1000cc car, you won't feel under powered as weight to power ratio is perfectly matched.

No. That is not correct mainly because the modern cars are all ECU controlled and EFI based . If you compare 1.3L and 1.5L variants of the same model, the higher capacity one gives a better fuel efficiency. With older carburetor type engines the story could be a bit different, at least in practice.

Rumesh has explained it nicely. I know from experience that a 1.3 L B14 does worse on fuel than a 1.5 L B14 .

Viva elite is above your budget. Kelisa is within or maybe near your budget.

Sold the Kelisa (2005 Auto 1000 CC with about 75,000 KM on the odo ) for 13.5 Mill. in September. Most are advertised for 1.4+ but you can bargain and bring it down ... FYI it wont do 14 KMPL in city -think more like 11-12 MAX in Colombo. Outstation of course it will do quite well on fuel . Not very comfortable but trust me its a fun car to drive that is quite eager to please. Quite reliable. A little bit of vibration in the engine is normal but look out for excessive vibration that could be busted engine mounts or cheap replacement mounts.

Probably the best car with auto gears for that price. It's a solid fun little car i didn't like that much at first but grew on me with each passing day.

Edited by matroska

Rumesh has explained it nicely. I know from experience that a 1.3 L B14 does worse on fuel than a 1.5 L B14 .

Sold the Kelisa (2005 Auto 1000 CC with about 75,000 KM on the odo ) for 13.5 Mill. in September. Most are advertised for 1.4+ but you can bargain and bring it down ... FYI it wont do 14 KMPL in city -think more like 11-12 MAX in Colombo. Outstation of course it will do quite well on fuel . Not very comfortable but trust me its a fun car to drive that is quite eager to please. Quite reliable. A little bit of vibration in the engine is normal but look out for excessive vibration that could be busted engine mounts or cheap replacement mounts.

Probably the best car with auto gears for that price. It's a solid fun little car i didn't like that much at first but grew on me with each passing day.

What about Manual Kelisa 1.0cc? Hope the fuel consumption is better than Auto right?

Considering all, better to go for a Manual car. I personally love to drive Manual cars but it is easy to drive an Auto with kids.

Guys, what about Kia Rio and Accent (2000-2002)? And Micro Panda 1.0C? Please help me to compare Kelisa with Rio and Accent (1.3cc engines).

What about Manual Kelisa 1.0cc? Hope the fuel consumption is better than Auto right?

Manual Kelisa will do much better on fuel. Friend had one he claimed 15 KMPL

Considering all, better to go for a Manual car. I personally love to drive Manual cars but it is easy to drive an Auto with kids.

Guys, what about Kia Rio and Accent (2000-2002)? And Micro Panda 1.0C? Please help me to compare Kelisa with Rio and Accent (1.3cc engines).

Sorry no experience on Kia/Hyundai or Pandas. Generally negative reviews from Rational Panda users but the good folk at the panda page on FB will tell you otherwise

And what about Mazda Butterfly (1997-2000) 1.3cc Auto and Manual?

If you are going for a sedan 1.3 Litres is barely enough it will be frustrating to drive. trust me the first car i drove(family car for 11 years cos it was a damn reliable machine despite being a slow-poke) was a 1.3 L Sedan and it was frustrating and it WILL NOT save you fuel. (again from experience)

1.3 Manual is slightly ok compared to 1.3 Auto.

You have to get the 1.5 Litre stigma out of your mind

Mazda butterfly is a decent car - ask Crosswind - have a look at this thread