• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Indian Or Japanese

ShamilFazeel

Question

Hi,

I'm planning to go for my 1st car. Since it's my first, I'm in big trouble of choosing one. My budget is 1.3mil max.

And the question is whether to go low mileage indian one or a used japanese car about 180,000km.

Please advise, which is much wiser!! I don't have any fuel issue since this will be for home use only. But the spare parts much worried.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sathyajithj99" data-cid="291083" data-time="1460428123"><p>

Go for a well maintained Japanese. <br />

Also search the forum. This has been discussed before.</p></blockquote>

Thanks bro, I checked the forum. But it was all about higher budgets. Sometimes I might couldnt catch the correct one since I'm new to this forum as well.. ??

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CK2" data-cid="291093" data-time="1460435298"><p>

What happened to EG8 dream....?</p></blockquote>

Uhhhh so much people, so much thoughts. Actually fed up...

That's why i replied to your previous thread to follow your instinct and go for eg8...keeping eg8 back of your mind and seeking advice will make you more fed up. Do a good market search and get down a well maintained eg8, lancer CK1, CK2, Mazda Famila Butterfly model.. all within your budget. If you want to feel more fed up of drive comfort, handling, and other options go for an Indian car..indeed you will get a good fuel consumption.

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 2

Go for a Japanese...my pick is mitsu or mazda...

but its all depends on the your purpose of buying a car...other thing is this not the most suitable forum to ask indian or a Japanese..most will say Japanese......

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CK2" data-cid="291096" data-time="1460439177"><p>

Go for a Japanese...my pick is mitsu or mazda...<br />

but its all depends on the your purpose of buying a car...other thing is this not the most suitable forum to ask indian or a Japanese..most will say Japanese......</p></blockquote>

I selected a mazda butterfly. Appearance looks perfect. 301 numbered one 1998 reg. He says 1.3mil. Is it worth bro??

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CK2" data-cid="291096" data-time="1460439177"><p>

but its all depends on the your purpose of buying a car...other thing is this not the most suitable forum to ask indian or a Japanese..most will say Japanese......</p></blockquote>

I selected a mazda butterfly. Appearance looks perfect. 301 numbered one 1998 reg. He says 1.3mil. Is it worth bro??

I recently sold my 301- butterfly for one mill. It had a duplicate CR though.

...other thing is this not the most suitable forum to ask indian or a Japanese..most will say Japanese......

Wait, what? The way you have worded that seems to imply there is something wrong with saying Japanese. What are you saying here, that the members here aren't educated enough to steer to making a choice of an Indian car?

Wait, what? The way you have worded that seems to imply there is something wrong with saying Japanese. What are you saying here, that the members here aren't educated enough to steer to making a choice of an Indian car?

:speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003:

no no definitely not...but most of them are (including me) hardcore anti Indian car lovers... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: ,

Then it must have been a auto gear one. Manual should be cheaper.

Hi guys, then what about going for a mini cooper?? Will it be a good choice?

Wishing you Happy new year to you guys

Happy new year to you as well. What's your real purpose of buying a car? Just for fun drive alone? Then mini cooper is perfect for you..It's a fun little car but yet for me it doesn't seem to be a practical car to use for day today works. It always reminds me Mr.Been :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Happy new year to you as well. What's your real purpose of buying a car? Just for fun drive alone? Then mini cooper is perfect for you..It's a fun little car but yet for me it doesn't seem to be a practical car to use for day today works. It always reminds me Mr.Been :sport-smiley-004:

Bullsh*t. There are plenty of daily running Minis in this country.

@abeysingha and crossw,

Thanks for the thoughts bros, actually the reason of going for a car because I became a married person . And for a car I have very limited budget.

Anyway I'm a sports classic car lover, so initially my instinct was to go for cooper. As it was one of my favourite from childhood.

Yet it has limited space, I looked for the second option which is eg8.

With the spares and the condition of cars had gave up eg8 and looked for other brands. Yet those cars didn't catch me as I needed somewhat sports looky car.

Finally made my thought to go back to cooper since my budget was low, and thought it will be easier to maintain. And my family is yet a small one;me my wife and baby.

Also Thinking about reselling; made my mind that cooper will be fine.

Hope that thought is wiser? Please advice.

I'm new to this forum, so I thought to ask about mini, I should open a thread at mini group. So thats y 3 threads. I'm sorry for that as well

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="291170" data-time="1460630907"><p>

<br />

Bullsh*t. There are plenty of daily running Minis in this country.</p></blockquote>

Yes there are plenty of minis running round.i just said my own opinion.that's why i clearly mentioned "FOR ME"

Bullsh*t. There are plenty of daily running Minis in this country.

Yeah I had a colleague who used a mini everyday to drive to work before he migrated But the thing is most of them daily runners are used by mini enthusiasts with a bit of knowhow ... a bit of noob + mini might not be the ideal combo

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

For utility on a budget and as a first car, The Kelisa was mentioned on the forum several times with high praise. Maybe worth having a look at?

easy to maintain car with a considerable 'fun' factor. simple mechanics. zippy engine with decent pick up although a bit noisy. Manual one fits your budget AND gives good fuel economy and would be more enjoyable.

Thanks guys.. but why not cooper??? will it be troublesome??

Simply put, yes. To elaborate, even the best Mini you can find will need more care and attention than the other options mentioned here because:

1. it's old (the basic design dates back to the 1950s and even the last ones were much more similar to the originals than you'd imagine)

2. It's British. The brits are good at making fun cars that have character, but they never really figured out how to make them reliable like the Japs did.

Basically, buy the Mini if you're ok with devoting some of your free time towards maintaining it, finding parts, spending time in the garage or even wrenching on it yourself, learning it's little quirks, figuring out the mechanical side etc. If you're among the few of us that see that sort of thing as fun then go get a Mini and tell us all about it.

However if that sounds like too much work and hassle (and that is what the majority of people think so don't feel bad ), then you should be checking out the other options mentioned above.