• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About 1.8 G Limited 121 Car

Praneethsomathunga

That is the thing...there is a 1.8GLi...but I didn't think the local agents would have sold it here (to be honest I thought the model was only for the middle east and African regions)....I think it says 1.8 GLi. Hard to say....

this car 1st owner american embsy

this car 1st owner american embsy

I thought embassy owned cars (which usually were DPL cars) got there own numbers and upon transferring it to a non-embassy party it got a different number like FZ or something...

I thought embassy owned cars (which usually were DPL cars) got there own numbers and upon transferring it to a non-embassy party it got a different number like FZ or something...

yes now owner is clear thir car from embcy. What u think about this car?

yes now owner is clear thir car from embcy. What u think about this car?

How does current owner prove, first owner is embassy ? Are you clear what iRage trying to explain here ? I think you are hurry to buy that car. :P

transfer krpu ela documents tiyenwa car ne macho hoda ewa dn ekai ganna beluwe ikmant

Stupid idiots like you get excited because of the tax hike and buy a piece of shit. Then they claim the wheel fell off the car or something and blame all second hand cars and sellers in general. Just because of the tax hike, don't make hasty decisions and suffer. Make sure you get the car properly checked. Also check the CR properly.

@irage - After 2005, DPL cars were also issued regular numbers with DP prefix such as DP-KA-2345. When they get transferred they get the same number with the province prefix - WP-KA-2345

Also please write your responses in English. That's a forum rule.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 8

Stupid idiots like you get excited because of the tax hike and buy a piece of shit. Then they claim the http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/17774-tax-change-on-vehicles/page-6#entry293118'>wheel fell off the car or something and blame all second hand cars and sellers in general. Just because of the tax hike, don't make hasty decisions and suffer. Make sure you get the car properly checked. Also check the CR properly.

@irage - After 2005, DPL cars were also issued regular numbers with DP prefix such as DP-KA-2345. When they get transferred they get the same number with the province prefix - WP-KA-2345

thanks dude,i'm new to this thanks again

Also please write your responses in English. That's a forum rule.

Here's the configuration for your chassis number:

Production period 10.2001 - 08.2007 Catalog code 151350 Complectation ZZE122R-AEMNK Frame number JTDBR22E103135117 Characteristics Engine Body Grade Transm. Options 1ZZFE SED GLI MTM RHD GEN Color code: 040 Trim code: YJ05 Manufacture date: 2005.05

1ZZFE is indeed a 1.8 litre engine.

It is indeed a GLI trim. Note that GLi is not a high-grade but something above the base grade for these cars.

Also according to Wikipedia, this car apparently has an American-built engine, which had a voluntary recall due to some ECU problem.

You should check with the agent whether this car is affected.

• Like 1

Yes..the 1ZZ-FE was made in the US...and later on I believe there was a Japanese built version too...1ZZ-FE<something>.

This is the first time I am seeing an export model 1.8 RHD :) Who knew...

Anyway...the 1ZZ-FE was in the 121 Corolla (for the Japanese market models the Luxel grades only), the 240 series Allion/Premio and the A20 series 2WD RAV4. Wasn't Toyota's most reliable of engines but it wasn't bad.

GLi is a grade for the export models...the usual grades were LX and GL and the LXi and GLi was there in some markets that added a few options to the LX or GL. They were not kitted out as well as the JDM variants....

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Yes..the 1ZZ-FE was made in the US...and later on I believe there was a Japanese built version too...1ZZ-FE<something>.

This is the first time I am seeing an export model 1.8 RHD :) Who knew...

Anyway...the 1ZZ-FE was in the 121 Corolla (for the Japanese market models the Luxel grades only), the 240 series Allion/Premio and the A20 series 2WD RAV4. Wasn't Toyota's most reliable of engines but it wasn't bad.

GLi is a grade for the export models...the usual grades were LX and GL and the LXi and GLi was there in some markets that added a few options to the LX or GL. They were not kitted out as well as the JDM variants....

1ZZ-FED

(Source- Wikipedia. I have no friggin idea about Toybota engines)

This is indeed a ex DPL car. which i would believe specially ordered by the Agents, and lately resold with Regular plates. we used to have Luxel but it's an Auto, nothing bad about 1ZZ-FE.

• Like 1

Here is the thing....it is a E120 series Corolla...so depending on the engine, market and other aspects of the car the model designation will be E12<some number>

In Sri Lanka people have a stupid habit of calling all cars that are the same series by a specific model code. For example all the Corolla vans of the 80s are KE72..which it isnt..all the cars that look like the doctor sunny are SB13.....

so yeah..the car probably is a E122. No hanky panky there...but have they screwed it up on the registration papers ?

Here is the thing....it is a E120 series Corolla...so depending on the engine, market and other aspects of the car the model designation will be E12

In Sri Lanka people have a stupid habit of calling all cars that are the same series by a specific model code. For example all the Corolla vans of the 80s are KE72..which it isnt..all the cars that look like the doctor sunny are SB13.....

so yeah..the car probably is a E122. No hanky panky there...but have they screwed it up on the registration papers ?

u see this here model name onley corolla.

post-71897-0-54824300-1465046793_thumb.j

Well..122 or 121 would be in the chassis number or model code or some field of the similar nature. So if the RMV app only shows model name and not the code obviously you won't see E122 or E121 or any such code on it...

So..sorry..I fail to see your point.

u see this here model name onley corolla.

Are you f*cking retarded??? This is when I really need a 2x2 stick...

So what do you want the model on the CR to be? "Corolla G-Limited with Wanker mirrors"?

Like irage said, Sri Lankans refer to different models of the same car with the same name.

For example, AE110, EE110, AE111, EE111, CE110 are all referred by Sri Lankans as AE110

and FB14, B14, SB14, FNB14 are all are known by Sri Lankans as FB14. K12, AK12, BK12, BNK12 are all AK12s in this country. The list is just endless.

If the car is in good condition, take a copy of the CR to RMV and get it checked by them. If they say ok, buy it. 122 being referred to as 121 is not a reason to not buy a car.

Lots of people didn't understand the wisdom of a certain J#hn Baas from Wattala area. Gentlemen, here's a live example of someone whos 'not qualified' to own a car.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 6