• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer EX Running Repairs and Maintenance

trinity

On 10/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Yeah it was a one-off, guess it was something else. I need to change my serpentine belt because it makes a squealing noise sometimes on cold start, maybe I heard something related to that

That explains it. Go for a genuine belt. Mine had been replaced at 94,000 and it still holding up good (No noises at all) at 190,000. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I need an advice for an issue with my 2008 EX.

Few days ago, while I was driving suddenly RPM went up and lose the acceleration. Check engine popped-up also. I took the car to a garage and scanned. The error message was "TPS Low". They cleaned the error message and asked me check, if problem occurs continuously.

Today morning, when I start the car with A/C on RPM goes around 3000 and engine shut off suddenly. But, if I start the car WITHOUT A/C engine runs normally.

Has anyone faced this kinda issue?

Do you know a good garage to check this and get fixed.?

• 1 year later...

On 2/7/2022 at 7:42 AM, K.o.N.o.S said:

Head unit Upgrade

Bumping my own thread for this upgrade.

My trusty old Bluetooth connector stopped working and wanted to replace the connector as quickly as possible. I was missing the phone connectivity in the car. Needless to say I had second thoughts. “Why don't I upgrade to an android head unit?" Before you say cheap Chinese knock off, yes "I KNOW". However it gets the job done for me. I am a total whore for music and sound quality is far more superior because of the added DSP + Equalizer functionality. After about several days of using the unit I thought to myself "why haven’t I done this before?

The Panel kit was not a perfect match and had to do some ground work to properly suck it in. Overall it was quite a nice upgrade from functionally + aesthetic standpoints. I am enjoying driving with it. Unit is 10'1 inch with all the required bells and whistles. The old kit was carefully packed using bubble wrap and put into a well-earned rest.

Cost for the unit + Labor- 43,500Rs

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4921.JPG

Time for me to enlist myself to the generic Chinese android HU squad! Huzzah! 😁

Got it installed because I got tired of using my phone for navigation.

Bought this off Aliexpress back in 2022 March for around 75K LKR, it was in storage for almost 20 Months 🤪

Pretty pleased with how it turned out, looks quite "stock" if I do say so myself

5cL9r45h.jpg

s1Yvdkth.jpg

Sif9FVJ.jpg

MiMpG03.jpg

kUPTQwJh.jpg

8MbHvZlh.jpg

0vCBEGYh.jpg

7TUSOPvh.jpg

rOku02Jh.jpg

dSf7DCoh.jpg

tYevc63h.jpg

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Time for me to enlist myself to the generic Chinese android HU squad! Huzzah! 😁

Got it installed because I got tired of using my phone for navigation.

Bought this off Aliexpress back in 2022 March for around 75K LKR, it was in storage for almost 20 Months 🤪

Pretty pleased with how it turned out, looks quite "stock" if I do say so myself

5cL9r45h.jpg

s1Yvdkth.jpg

Sif9FVJ.jpg

MiMpG03.jpg

kUPTQwJh.jpg

8MbHvZlh.jpg

0vCBEGYh.jpg

7TUSOPvh.jpg

rOku02Jh.jpg

dSf7DCoh.jpg

tYevc63h.jpg

That's classy, now I am kicking myself for not getting the same unit. did you get it installed yourself?

10 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

That's classy, now I am kicking myself for not getting the same unit. did you get it installed yourself?

Nope got 2 professionals to do it exactly as I wanted. Even then it took about 6 hours :D

10 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Yeppers that's the one. Mine runs Android 10 tho

bzKakHm.jpg

Bought a theme for like $7, now it looks even more stock

7RLJ7Nb.jpg

So the total cost is like ~75k + 6k (Theme + Installers cost)

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Routine 40K Kms maintenance update

- Replaced transmission fluid using the fluid exchange / flush machine (Part No : MZ320015), 10L

- Replaced coolant (Part No : MZ341015EX), 4L

- Replaced power steering fluid (Part No : 692180, Valvoline DEX III ATF) 1L

- Replaced brake fluid (Part No : MZ101244) 500ml

- Replaced serpentine belt (Part No : 1340A101, bought from Amayama)

- Replaced P/S belt (Part No : 4451A117, bought from Amayama)

MbppZMO.png

wgPJb0J.jpeg

qylmJOK.jpeg

• Like 1

@Hyaenidae My Headlight projector bulbs have seen the better days. It is time to replace. The cost of replacing the OEM bulbs around 325$. Well I am not in a position to spend that much. So I am thinking to go with LED option. I can get it done below 30k. Will it require additional modifications to ensure proper functionality? Your thoughts?  

BTW I have done several maintenance activities on my car and I will post them here when free.  

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

@Hyaenidae My Headlight projector bulbs have seen the better days. It is time to replace. The cost of replacing the OEM bulbs around 325$. Well I am not in a position to spend that much. So I am thinking to go with LED option. I can get it done below 30k. Will it require additional modifications to ensure proper functionality? Your thoughts?  

BTW I have done several maintenance activities on my car and I will post them here when free.  

But you'd be doing additional modifications to actually downgrade your headlights ne. Pretty sure the AFS system would throw a hissy fit too... you sure that 2 replacement bulbs cost $325? Even a cheaper substitute (ie: Aliexpress bulbs) would be a better idea than going LED I think.

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

But you'd be doing additional modifications to actually downgrade your headlights ne. Pretty sure the AFS system would throw a hissy fit too... you sure that 2 replacement bulbs cost $325? Even a cheaper substitute (ie: Aliexpress bulbs) would be a better idea than going LED I think.

yes it costs 344$ including shipping

image.thumb.png.cc3e9288fc432f4164ed5c68140d7015.png

What happened to the good ol days when you bought that halogen from the handiya kade, for 200 rupees and plugged it on the side of the street.

My 508 also is showing a weaker light on one side. Cost seems about same as @K.o.N.o.S Quoted. Plus mine is even harder to find.

@Sir Lancerlot sir care to find me a bulb that fits? It's a H7 Xenon.

• Like 2

@fiat fan Hyaenidae is a Web genie. He will definitely help you out 😉.

@Hyaenidae How about going way too cheap for something like this

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005001726486270.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.57f638daFX94AG&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

Worth a try?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fiat fan said:

@Sir Lancerlot sir care to find me a bulb that fits? It's a H7 Xenon.

IDK the OEM part numbers for Peugeots ne :(

5 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Could melt something that'll cost more than a bulb and will probably put the car on fire though. Why take the risk? You were going to downgrade to LED for 30k anyways ne, better to spend that 30k on a product that is of a reputed brand from EU. Could be wayyyy cheaper down the road

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

IDK the OEM part numbers for Peugeots ne :(

I’m actually looking at non oem options. The stock bulbs are not my favorite. It doesn’t have to be super cheap. But not too outrageous.

@iRage are these bulbs universal? Example the H7 xenon bulb on ebay, can it be used across any car that takes H7 and has xenon?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fiat fan said:

I’m actually looking at non oem options. The stock bulbs are not my favorite. It doesn’t have to be super cheap. But not too outrageous.

@iRage are these bulbs universal? Example the H7 xenon bulb on ebay, can it be used across any car that takes H7 and has xenon?

But how could one find an equivalent non-OEM replacement without ever seeing the OEM one 🥲

So as you know beginning from the crisis days, I've been switching between 92RON, 92RON with octane boosters and 95RON, the users manual does recommend 95 but also says anything above 90RON is compatible:

"Petrol-powered vehicles of 1600 and 1800 models have the knock control system so that you can use unleaded petrol 90 RON as an emergent measure in case unleaded petrol 95 RON or higher is not available on journey, etc. In such a case, you don’t need to adjust the engine specially. In the case of using unleaded petrol 90 RON, the engine performance level is reduced. "

So for the sake of knowledge I plugged my cheap ELM27 scanner in, went for a short drive and logged data from the knock control system. Running on 100% 92RON pumped from Laughs.

HDf7Z9R.jpg

To my novice ass it seems as if the knock control system works quite hard to compensate for the lost 3RON, what do you guys think? Should I switch back to 95RON?

Edited by Hyaenidae

So I pumped 30ltrs of 95RON from a Ceypetco fueling station (Tank capacity: 60L) and poured a can of Liqui Moly Octane booster for good measure, the results so far does not look great. Absolutely no difference in KN retard values at all lol. I'll pump another 30ltrs of 95RON when the tank empties to half and see if there is any tangible difference in KN Retard values.

w4CSBTM.jpg

It should be noted that there are no strange pinging noises or no discernible loss of power.

Edited by Hyaenidae

49 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

So I pumped 30ltrs of 95RON from a Ceypetco fueling station (Tank capacity: 60L) and poured a can of Liqui Moly Octane booster for good measure, the results so far does not look great. Absolutely no difference in KN retard values at all lol. I'll pump another 30ltrs of 95RON when the tank empties to half and see if there is any tangible difference in KN Retard values.

w4CSBTM.jpg

It should be noted that there are no strange pinging noises or no discernible loss of power.

Too bad we can't do this with a few other cars (Lancers, other models and brands) so that the findings can be more comprehensive. SO many questions right now...If there is no significant difference...is it the car ? is it the additive ? is it the fuel ?