• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can someone tell me what's this Special Condition means in the CR?

PreseaLover

Can someone tell me what this special condition means in a vehicle CR? Note that this is a 1995 model car with 2003 registrations, and is the 2nd owner. He said he cant remember what this is but also said that by the time he went to register the car under his name in 2011, the previous owner also had to come with him to RMV in order to handle this condition and transfer to his name. 

11111.jpg

Edited by PreseaLover

Not entirely sure, but considering the year of the car and date of probable import; this could be a car imported under a permit issued for Sri lankan working abroad (for foreign exchange earned). It could also be a gift permit import if the permits were available at the time. If this is the case then it simply means that the vehicle cannot be sold for 5 years from the date of first registraion in SL.  Best is all RMV and find out ?

51 minutes ago, iRage said:

Not entirely sure, but considering the year of the car and date of probable import; this could be a car imported under a permit issued for Sri lankan working abroad (for foreign exchange earned). It could also be a gift permit import if the permits were available at the time. If this is the case then it simply means that the vehicle cannot be sold for 5 years from the date of first registraion in SL.  Best is all RMV and find out ?

Thanks mate. I'm not buying this car. Because the climate control A/C Panel is not displaying and that part cannot be found anywhere in the shops in colombo, neither in yahoo auctions. Without that there is no point of buying this car 😕 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Can someone tell me what this special condition means in a vehicle CR? Note that this is a 1995 model car with 2003 registrations, and is the 2nd owner. He said he cant remember what this is but also said that by the time he went to register the car under his name in 2011, the previous owner also had to come with him to RMV in order to handle this condition and transfer to his name. 

11111.jpg

Pernit Import that was transferred with transfer tax paid. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

thanks mate

Subtle suggestion

Since u love 90s cars so much, do taste something larger with more power like a Mark2 or something, life will never be the same again. Cheers 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:30 PM, tiv said:

Pernit Import that was transferred with transfer tax paid. 

Transfer tax was imposed in 2014... on the vehicles imported on government servents permits, only if they are transferred to another party before 5 years..but this is something happened in 2011... 

And in 2003 era, no permits were issued except for the politicians and for the retiring officers... and those days the importation age was 3 1/2 years.. so a 1995 car imported on 2003 was not possible.. except the possibility that it was hanging in a car sale yard for 2-3 years..

I cant exactly remembered the year that the blue permits were introduced.. i think it was introduced by the 2005 MR government..  

I would recommend you to get an extract from RMV and check... 

I hope this is with a genuine title... but when people make fraud documents, they do some deletion things... especially for the SUVs..

Edited by priyanka

5 hours ago, priyanka said:

Transfer tax was imposed in 2014... on the vehicles imported on government servents permits, only if they are transferred to another party before 5 years..but this is something happened in 2011... 

And in 2003 era, no permits were issued except for the politicians and for the retiring officers... and those days the importation age was 3 1/2 years.. so a 1995 car imported on 2003 was not possible.. except the possibility that it was hanging in a car sale yard for 2-3 years..

I cant exactly remembered the year that the blue permits were introduced.. i think it was introduced by the 2005 MR government..  

I hope this is with a genuine title... but when people make fraud documents, they do some deletion things... especially for the SUVs..

Cant be. I have a friend whose father still owns a presea he bought for a permit in 2003 and it was a 96 model and he is not a politician. He wasn't a retiring officer back then either. 

3 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Cant be. I have a friend whose father still owns a presea he bought for a permit in 2003 and it was a 96 model and he is not a politician. He wasn't a retiring officer back then either. 

Permits were introduced in 1991 and ended in 1995 ... when the doctor sunnys were imported..

Then in 1998 it was re-introduced and ended in 2000... the corolla 110 era

Then again 2007 it was restarted... but ended in 2008.. the corolla 141 season...

In 2010 ... the MR government introduced the current permit system... which there for nearly a decade... with time to time amendments.... ( except for a year .. in 2017 .. it was banned by RW government )

Until 2013 all the permits were non transferable.. in 2014 new tax of 10% of the CIF was introduced if the vehicle was transferred before 5 years... that tax was later abounded in 2018 if I could remember..

Your freinds father would have bought a car which was imported in 1998- 2000 period... which was kept unsold for 3-4 years.... 

11 hours ago, priyanka said:

No. This is not accurate (except for the govt. and retirement permit part)...you are off with the permit eras you have described as well.

Even back in the late 80s/early 90s government servants got permits after X years of service and at a specific employment grade. If my memory serves me right the age of import at the time was 5 years then later changed to 3. My father imported quite a few E90 Corollas and AT150 Coronas for his old friends at Ceylon Steel Corp (they would have been in there 30s and 40s and not old enough to retire anyway...and I distinctly remember seeing those cars at Steel Corp during various events I tagged along with my parents)....From the Nissan camp, Sunnies/Pulsars and Preseas along with Bluebirds were common grey imports from Japan.  

Gift permits and permit issued to a Sri Lankan working abroad happened around the early 2000s...2002/2003ish (so WELL before the MR regime). Some friends got U14 bluebirds and W124 Mercs from Singapore on gift permits from their relatives. I was in the states around 2003 and looked in to sending a car for my family. 

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...