• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Bluebird u13 fuel consumption, good and bad

Dilshan2123

Question

Why is the value low ? Because of the following reasons in order:

1 .in Sri Lanka anything that does not have a Toyota badge is pricedless.

2. Any car that has anything over a 1500cc engine is priced even more less.

3. If you do not get for parts for the car at every car part shop in a box that has the manufacturers name or something like it straight out of a fresh factory in middle of no where Chine from a povince that sounds like Japan..then the price goes even less. 

The Bluebird when it was new was a pretty nice car. It was Nissan's equivalent to Toyota's Carina/Corona. It was well equipped compared to the Toyotas and was good value for money. The interiors felt a lot more refined than the Toyota equivalents. The cars did not have any serious issues or recalls and the car belongs to the last of Nissan's good cars. The standard variants were not very exciting to drive but the sportier ones were a bit better. The ride comfort was a lot better than the Corona/Carina..it was smooth and soft.

In Sri Lanka sadly most of them seem to have fallen in to the hands of not so good owners after the first owner or so; who expected a cheap pump and run type of car like the Sunny. Cars like the Sunny..when you pump and run and break down..there are plenty of really cheap parts around that any monkey with a hammer can fit and make the car run. Sadly, the Bluebird did not have such cheap parts and the monkeys with the spanners just mucked around with whatever they could to get the car running (although some mechanical parts could have been shared with other Nissan models..but those too were not very common in SL).

If you find a good, well maintained car, then the Bluebird will be a nice car to own and use. It will have its issues but that is dependent on how well the car was taken care of by the previous owners. Also, if you do buy any car..please make sure you take care of it with proper parts..if you do..then a car like the Bluebird will be a easy car to have.

recently i checked for U13 parts with 20 big car part shops in delkanda wijerama for a restoration car and none of them had the parts. What they said was there are no parts now for the U13. I mean the exterior and interior parts arnt there.. Engine parts of course are there. There was one place that had the U13 parts, and a single door was priced at 35k rupees. Imagine just a door for 35k rupees. 

We have a U13 Bluebird diesel, mechanical parts are available around Kandy and Kurunegala but body and interior parts are rare. We ripped off a 2.0L SSS in Japan and brought down the parts. The 2.0L SSS has different bigger brakes, slightly lower suspension, different interior with more body hugging seats, wood trim on the dash, more seat driver seat adjustments, rear seat console and brown tinted glasses.

There are 1.8L SSS variants in SL but highly down any of the 2.0L made it to SL.

DSC_0084.thumb.JPG.7d4f37188e4f3186a2717a045238dbee.JPG

1715678240_2016-08-23_11-23-51(1).thumb.jpg.93fecfb91577839860de76c1a407b60c.jpg

image.png.aa7d376554415d0c9722fe07503b3b01.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

that is some crazy seller lol

has nothing to do with the seller. that is the price of parts for an AE86....you get doors for 9000yen as well but those are ones that are rusted out and would not pass shaken if it was mounted on the car.

You can get a new FRP fender for a Trueno for about 15000yen on average...but a used original metal fender goes for about 20k-30k. This is why good old fashioned tinkering baases are a valuable resource. These old cars (plenty of them around) are fast loosing parts and no one is there to fix them.

55 minutes ago, Magnum said:

We have a U13 Bluebird diesel, mechanical parts are available around Kandy and Kurunegala but body and interior parts are rare. We ripped off a 2.0L SSS in Japan and brought down the parts. The 2.0L SSS has different bigger brakes, slightly lower suspension, different interior with more body hugging seats, wood trim on the dash, more seat driver seat adjustments, rear seat console and brown tinted glasses.

There are 1.8L SSS variants in SL but highly down any of the 2.0L made it to SL.

1715678240_2016-08-23_11-23-51(1).thumb.jpg.93fecfb91577839860de76c1a407b60c.jpg

That IS a nice car ❤️❤️❤️ 

7 hours ago, Magnum said:

DSC_0084.thumb.JPG.7d4f37188e4f3186a2717a045238dbee.JPG

nice car mate. My friend has a 2.0L SSS Petrol, auto U13.. it has a sunroof too with baidge and brown dashboard. (I havent seen the baidge and brown interior in any U13s in sri lanka and also a sunfroof one) I think thats a limited edition. It was brand new imported to sri lanka in 92. The first owner used it for 27 years and sold it to my friend last year. After seeing that only I also wanted to buy a U13. 

3 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

nice car mate. My friend has a 2.0L SSS Petrol, auto U13.. it has a sunroof too with baidge and brown dashboard. (I havent seen the baidge and brown interior in any U13s in sri lanka and also a sunfroof one) I think thats a limited edition. It was brand new imported to sri lanka in 92. The first owner used it for 27 years and sold it to my friend last year. After seeing that only I also wanted to buy a U13. 

Uhh...I don't think you are talkng about a limited edition. 

The U13 sedan came in two lineups. EEX, which was the standard non sporty, family oriented version; and the SSS which was the sporty version.

The 2000SSS was first released as 2000SSS-G, 2000SSS-G Attessa and 2000SSS-G Limited Atessa (this would have been in 1991 ish.) Then in mid 1992ish they introduced a 2000SSS-G S.Limited Type I and Type II. These new introductions were pretty luxo with slightly nicer eat materials and sunroof, spoiler, etc... As for the beige and brown interior...it totally depends....Nissan offered quite a few choices of interior color apart fro the default interior color for specific body colors.

44 minutes ago, iRage said:

Uhh...I don't think you are talkng about a limited edition. 

The U13 sedan came in two lineups. EEX, which was the standard non sporty, family oriented version; and the SSS which was the sporty version.

The 2000SSS was first released as 2000SSS-G, 2000SSS-G Attessa and 2000SSS-G Limited Atessa (this would have been in 1991 ish.) Then in mid 1992ish they introduced a 2000SSS-G S.Limited Type I and Type II. These new introductions were pretty luxo with slightly nicer eat materials and sunroof, spoiler, etc... As for the beige and brown interior...it totally depends....Nissan offered quite a few choices of interior color apart fro the default interior color for specific body colors.

why I said limited edition was because I have never seen a U13 in sri lanka that has sunroof and the beidge dashboard. I asked a person who does U13 parts. He said for the sri lankan market only the grey dashboard interior came, unless someone imported a baidge dashboard, which was the case. So I guess my friends' car is the only car in SL that has a sunroof and the beidge dashboard. 

40 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

why I said limited edition was because I have never seen a U13 in sri lanka that has sunroof and the beidge dashboard. I asked a person who does U13 parts. He said for the sri lankan market only the grey dashboard interior came, unless someone imported a baidge dashboard, which was the case. So I guess my friends' car is the only car in SL that has a sunroof and the beidge dashboard. 

In Sri Lanka you really cannot determine what the actual grades and available trim options are because a lot of it is based on taxes. Agents trim and cut out a lot of the features to keep the price low and market it as standard for the market.  

I bought myself a U13 ARX today. I should say, though this has a 1.8litre engine this has the same pickup and speed as the Cefiro. You feel the car is heavy and very well balanced. Parts are very hard to find though. Had to almost kiss the ass of a spare part show owner to find me some body parts I needed as he had to spend 2 hours just looking for the parts I wanted. Worthy ride though

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

I bought myself a U13 ARX today. I should say, though this has a 1.8litre engine this has the same pickup and speed as the Cefiro. You feel the car is heavy and very well balanced. Parts are very hard to find though. Had to almost kiss the ass of a spare part show owner to find me some body parts I needed as he had to spend 2 hours just looking for the parts I wanted. Worthy ride though

Congrats...soyour frameless door fetish continues :) 
she looks nice...give it a good clean and post up some pics :) 
also..yes...please do paint it gun metallic :) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iRage said:

Congrats...soyour frameless door fetish continues :) 
she looks nice...give it a good clean and post up some pics :) 
also..yes...please do paint it gun metallic :) 

2 things I want to find. The bluebird emblem in the front grille (which is faded now) and the Nissan triangulish bluebirding emblem on the dickey which is also faded. If you come across these in Japan do let me know il pay you to get it for me :) 

17 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

2 things I want to find. The bluebird emblem in the front grille (which is faded now) and the Nissan triangulish bluebirding emblem on the dickey which is also faded. If you come across these in Japan do let me know il pay you to get it for me :) 

Okay...will keep an eye out for one...funnily I cannot find the part number for the rear triangular badge. The front one is there (but it just says Nissan) in the parts catalog but the rear triangular one is not 😕- are both the same ? and what is meant by bluebirdish ? 

Edited by iRage

8 minutes ago, iRage said:

Okay...will keep an eye out for one...funnily I cannot find the part number for the rear triangular badge. The front one is there (but it just says Nissan) in the parts catalog but the rear triangular one is not 😕- are both the same ? and what is meant by bluebirdish ? 

Yes both are the same. Just like the presea r10 that had the same badge in the rear and front. what I meant by blubirdish is the triangular nissan badge that came only on this bluebird model :) there were so many ARX items in yahoo auction in february, but now not even a single item for arx available and very less u13 items now available in the auctions, which is why i thought Il tell you to keep an eye on one if you come across over there. I dont even mind that triangular badge with the actual bluebird on it instead of the nissan one (that came in the su14's)

Congrats mate.

It is not that common the ARX in Sri Lanka, if i am not mistaken.

Do let me know the parts, got the same model ARX. I should be able to get them once we out from level 4 lockdown here in Auckland.

https://pickapart.co.nz/eziparts/ViewVehicleImages.asp?MobileVersion=Y&Location=pickapartconz&VehicleID=12375

regards,

JC

20 minutes ago, john cooper said:

Congrats mate.

It is not that common the ARX in Sri Lanka, if i am not mistaken.

Do let me know the parts, got the same model ARX. I should be able to get them once we out from level 4 lockdown here in Auckland.

https://pickapart.co.nz/eziparts/ViewVehicleImages.asp?MobileVersion=Y&Location=pickapartconz&VehicleID=12375

regards,

JC

Oh im glad to meet a fellow ARX'er :) so you source parts for your ARX in NZ right so are there enough ARX parts in NZ? 

I thought you were flying off to the states and not buying a car here.

Bluebird ARX or Hardtop as they call it is a nice car, loved that design. As to the beige interior I have seen a few and a friend of mine had one when we were in school but not sure if it was a diesel. Congrats on the purchase!

42 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

I thought you were flying off to the states and not buying a car here.

Bluebird ARX or Hardtop as they call it is a nice car, loved that design. As to the beige interior I have seen a few and a friend of mine had one when we were in school but not sure if it was a diesel. Congrats on the purchase!

it was the plan to fly soon, but plans got delayed or not happen. So didnt want to stay carless. Thanks mate. 

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Oh im glad to meet a fellow ARX'er :) so you source parts for your ARX in NZ right so are there enough ARX parts in NZ? 

Sorry mate, I am not owning a Bluebird 😞, what I wanted to say is that I have found the same model that you owned in SL here in NZ.

I use to see a few ARX's on the road but it is a bit hard to find them here but still very easy to find U13's with wreckers.

Due to strict regulations, it is easy/ cheap to send the old car to wreckers and get a new car.

regards,

JC

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:08 AM, PreseaLover said:

Yes both are the same.

No they are not !

I just found the part in the parts catalog.

The front one is just a badge (the badge when new apparently cost like 3500yen). The rear one goes as a door lock assembly (this on the other hand when new costs like 12,000yen).