• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

No big deal: Its probably just a vinyl sticker job that'll be removed once the promo's done. No fuss really, the company will be paying for the stickers and their removal; if its done right there'll be no lasting issues. Easy money for the owner if you ask me.

The owner should be in an idiot, why would someone give their personal use car for promotions like these? specially a Lamborghini?

Essentially you get paid for parking your car at a stall - Pretty motivating if you ask me and its kinda smart of the owner to capitalize on it. I wonder if he has media representation, and whether it was done through his ad agency / media people?

Marketing wise: Its a pretty sound promotional strategy and is quite effective. Everyone looks at a Lamborghini and everyone visits or scans over a stall that has one (pretty much the same reason they usually have leggy female models at stalls as well).

Edited by Kavvz

Essentially you get paid for parking your car at a stall - Pretty motivating if you ask me and its kinda smart of the owner to capitalize on it. I wonder if he has media representation, and whether it was done through his ad agency / media people?

Marketing wise: Its a pretty sound promotional strategy and is quite effective. Everyone looks at a Lamborghini and everyone visits or scans over a stall that has one (pretty much the same reason they usually have leggy female models at stalls as well).

uhmm.... In my opinion, if you own a lamborghini, you shouldnt have a financial need to pimp it out to TelCos to make peanut money on a 'rental'...I mean really, would any of you give your car (even though its no-where close to the value of Lambo) for someone to sticker up and what not...

edit: on a sidenote, whoever designed the stickers did a pretty nice job.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

uhmm.... In my opinion, if you own a lamborghini, you shouldnt have a financial need to pimp it out to TelCos to make peanut money on a 'rental'...I mean really, would any of you give your car (even though its no-where close to the value of Lambo) for someone to sticker up and what not...

edit: on a sidenote, whoever designed the stickers did a pretty nice job.

Nope, I don't think I would: But I don't own a race team or make a living from selling ad-space on race cars and racing suits either...Besides I'm sure these 'peanuts' add up: The guy is into marketing and selling advertising on his race cars, and probably has the same approach to this car as well.

Seems to work for him, and if he sees fit to do so: so be it.

I know you get, but having those stickers on and removed on a Lamborghini? i find that bit stupid

I know you get, but having those stickers on and removed on a Lamborghini? i find that bit stupid

I assume the payment covered the risk / hassle involved. Plus the owner probably thinks nothing of it as he does this on his race cars. Based on his perceived risk vs reward it probably makes financial sense to him. However, I guess what makes sense to the owner based on his frame of reference, doesn't make sense to you based on your perceived risk vs reward tolerance. That's fine too, for really that's what makes a capitalist economy work.

Regardless: Its kinda cool that the public gets to see the car this way rather than have it stashed away in a garage.

Edited by Kavvz

I assume the payment covered the risk / hassle involved. Plus the owner probably thinks nothing of it as he does this on his race cars. Based on his perceived risk vs reward it probably makes financial sense to him. However, I guess what makes sense to the owner based on his frame of reference, doesn't make sense to you based on your perceived risk vs reward tolerance. That's fine too, for really that's what makes a capitalist economy work.

Regardless: Its kinda cool that the public gets to see the car this way rather than have it stashed away in a garage.

I totally understand what you are saying, but maybe its just me who hates doing something that'll affect the paint of a car even if you gain financial advantages :)

Anyway, this is not the first time that we've seen stickers on Super Cars in SL... remember seeing a Porsche (Maroon color) with Pet#o La#ka or Advance Audio stickers at Colombo motor show some time back,,, Also another Porsche with E fm stickers when Shaggy arrived in SL in his first visit...

Do we even have the quality of fuel needed to run one of these things?

Even i had that doubt, the Pajero which came with the GDI engine itself had problems with our fuel, so definitely cars like GTR will need some quality fuel.

Add to the fact that the owner is often out of the country, so having his assets here generating some income while he is not driving it around, even a little, is better than having it sitting in a garage depreciating.

I dont think the owner (as we know it) is out of the country as much as he used to be. Saw a few pics of him with the lambo from the katu races last weekend.

I also recall him having some legal trouble due to some defaulting on an japanese investor..Then again he's under the raaja-passa umbrella so those aren't exactly 'issues' :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Ford Fiesta Type-R. This retard should have just bought a three wheel. The front and sides of the car had so much chrome that it would put a three wheel driver to shame.

Sorry for the crappy pic. Couldn't get close enough.

20120920_131619_zps46ee87d5.jpg

Edited by jdnet