• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HONDA VEZEL HYBRID (2014 RU3) GEARBOX ISSUE

David Collins

Question

I really need some help here. I am not from the region but just thought I should ask on this forum.
None of the local workshop seems to have an idea on how to solve this. I am getting different advices on how to solve this. Even the Honda dealership in Kenya seems to be guessing this. They just cleared the error and let me go.
Anyone has any idea what this diagnosis could mean and how to solve it:

A/T Permanent DTC P1737 Marketability Deterioration Gear 1

photo_2023-03-22_13-28-30.jpg

7 answers to this question

Prior to a 2016 tech update, the Vezels before that needed a software update for the transmission. So it might be that the update needs to be done. This is obviously the least problematic issue and easiest fix.

The second reason could be the DCT transmission itself which has somewhat of a reputation to go bad because the clutch pack pretty much burns out. Its not necessarily a design fault but more or less an issue with the tech not being robust to handle excessive stop and go driving, crawling, high-temp long driving, etc...(in fact all DCTs are vulnerable that way...just that the Honda systems are less robust (?))

The above is one of the reasons (most common actually) for the error message on your screen to pop up. Fixing it depends on how bad the extent of the clutch pack damage is.

If the car acts and drives normally then the error is one of the few other errors that pops up when the transmission gets over heated (courtesy of the clutch pack. Changing the fluid seems to make it less frequent. If the clutch pack is completely worn out then the clutch pack needs to be replaced. Depending on the resources that are available you can just replace the clutch pack. However, if the mechanics, etc...are not very good, then you might have to resort to changing the transmission.

On 9/23/2023 at 3:16 PM, Shahveer Sharan said:

I am having same issue for honda grace 2015 model 

Would you be able to detail how the issue was fixed please. 

I have never found a permanent solution for my Vezel. 
All I get is conflicting info and no one is guaranteeing a fix. 

So I survive with it, until It completely dies for a new gearbox I guess. 
There is constant loss of power and acceleration is horrible. Gear change is sometimes slow, but I am used to it now. 
If you ever get a solution, hit me up https://t.me/cobham

13 hours ago, David Collins said:

I have never found a permanent solution for my Vezel. 
All I get is conflicting info and no one is guaranteeing a fix. 

So I survive with it, until It completely dies for a new gearbox I guess. 
There is constant loss of power and acceleration is horrible. Gear change is sometimes slow, but I am used to it now. 
If you ever get a solution, hit me up https://t.me/cobham

How is the Honda dealership in Kenya? Also like iRage said, its down to those 2 issues only 99% of the time. You just gotta find a reliable mechanic who can open up that gearbox properly.