• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fast And Furious

dillongt

Ok bottom line is MD is used to seeing boners whenever he goes near a cinema hall.So I expect everybody coming to watch FF6 not to dissapoint me...So bring your own boners ok.

MD gets a tickets in the corner the furthest away from the rest of us. For his sake maybe one of his neighbours will be inspired by the fine talent sure to be on the screen....

I'm use a cheap projector (1024X768) to watch HD movies and it is quite useable at around 80 - 100 inch image in a darkened room.

720p or 1080p would really be ideal but in the meantime this does pretty well for me. I've found that the key is to calibrate it well and use a good movie source - a good blu-ray disc generates excellent results - I would say that it is comparable or better to the local cinema experience in some cases.

Having a HD copy is useless with a projector, most projectors only display something like 800x600.

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps we should start planning to go? Maybe its best to wait till next week until the crowd dies down.

+1 Yeah, lets give it a few more days until the hype fades away.

Certainly didn't disappoint on the action sequences, tho the eye candy in terms of hot babes was not as good. But then ... Rio ... London... so yeah, ok.

Which makes you wrong, Watchman! :P

But there were plenty of driving scenes that had me shaking my head going BS. Like cars going past multiple corners with absolutely no weight transfer. And Dom merrily piloting that Daytona around like its a Lotus Elise or summin. I mean, C'mon! Very obviously CG. That diminished it a bit. Few nitpicks like that. I think Dodge paid a lot of money to the makers of this movie.

Also, there was a meme somewhere that said Runway for F&F6 showing a runday stretching from Spain to Germany. That was lolworthy :D

But plenty of comedy too. I loved the scene where they got the cars :D Functional for the win!

Also, that chip gun.... I mean, really?

But a couple of good plot twists. And what a teaser for the next movie! :D Although where the heck was Eva Mendes?!? She was in the last teaser at the end of 5!

Overall, good. Requires plenty of suspension of belief and that you forget all you know about physics, I'm sure you guys all saw that mid-air catch attempt during the highway scene in the trailer.... But its a good story telling moment.

Way to go and spoil it for the rest of us....A$$HOLE!..jeeseus what a dickhead...

+1

I hate it when people do that!

It's rven worse when some people get smug cos they "figured out the plot" as opposed to someone who hasnt even seen the movie yet..

Went to watch it yesterday... I'd rate it higher than Fast five honestly, it's pretty well done overall. Of course it's becoming more and more about the action and less about the cars but the movies do seem to consistently keep getting better and better to watch (I guess it's all about the mass appeal).

Will def be watching it again, so let's hope we can get an AL group together. How about we try to decide on a date?

I watched it on the first week end of the release. Was disappointed to see the focus has drifted from the cars to action most of it borders on fantasy. I somehow found it difficult to relate to the gang as a bunch of international crime fighters. It was better when the stories evolved with them as reluctant heroes, caught up, but first and foremost car nuts!