• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fast And Furious

dillongt

i watched it last sunday i didnt get the urge to come out and drive like mad like when f&f initially came out. its a better story but i wanted to see more cars and bikes in action related sequence

• Like 1

i watched it last sunday i didnt get the urge to come out and drive like mad like when f&f initially came out. its a better story but i wanted to see more cars and bikes in action related sequence

same here. the action was pretty good but the series no longer seems to be about racing. watching the whole team up thing made it feel like i was watching fast 5 again..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Savoy 3D as well

That'll probably be the best out of the lot (above) wouldn't it? I remember that in a more simpler/juvenile age, AL used to get together for FF :)

Maybe the franchise has been bashed about too much for that now.

That'll probably be the best out of the lot (above) wouldn't it? I remember that in a more simpler/juvenile age, AL used to get tog

ether for FF :)

Actually, it might happen. After all they did get together for 6 which was not too long ago.

• 2 weeks later...
That'll probably be the best out of the lot (above) wouldn't it? I remember that in a more simpler/juvenile age, AL used to get together for FF :)

I'm actually up for it

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it in the cinema a couple of days back and I think it's still not the best movie in the series if you only take the story into consideration. Dom, O'Connor and the crew seem too much like superheroes who can endure anything.

But it's a movie that should be watched. The last 10 minutes just kept me thinking about Walker's death for days. :( I was sitting close to a lady who kept crying out loud non stop throughout the last scenes. It's only natural that Walker's death had a strong impact on the cast and whoever linked to the production of the movie as well.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 3

Watched it last week and it was rather disappointing. The storyline is not strong and character build up is very poor. Jason Statham randomly appears on screen, makes some highly improbable moves in a deadly fight and then disappears. His next appearance would be in another fight with DOM. This happens 4-5 times again and again. No scenes to emphasize on his character.

There were too many action sequences and while watching the last few scenes I felt terribly bored and started yawning. Finally Dom pulls off a Sharukh khan’s move and raises himself from the dead fascinated by Letty’s love which was probably the lowest point of the movie. As Davey mentioned O’connor, Dom & Co seems to be like superheroes pulling off too many improbable stunts and withstanding deadly blows.

Very few scenes which prominently showcases the cars. Only plus point is the last scene involving Paul & Dom. That end song and the scenes are simply breathtaking. The duo going on the last ride head to head as in the first edition of the movie series and O’Conner’s car finally disappearing into the cloudy mountains as if he was going to heaven was really thoughtful. That was probably the only scene in the movie where the directors put some thought.

Watched it last week and it was rather disappointing. The storyline is not strong and character build up is very poor. Jason Statham randomly appears on screen, makes some highly improbable moves in a deadly fight and then disappears. His next appearance would be in another fight with DOM. This happens 4-5 times again and again. No scenes to emphasize on his character.

There were too many action sequences and while watching the last few scenes I felt terribly bored and started yawning. Finally Dom pulls off a Sharukh khan’s move and raises himself from the dead fascinated by Letty’s love which was probably the lowest point of the movie. As Davey mentioned O’connor, Dom & Co seems to be like superheroes pulling off too many improbable stunts and withstanding deadly blows.

Very few scenes which prominently showcases the cars. Only plus point is the last scene involving Paul & Dom. That end song and the scenes are simply breathtaking. The duo going on the last ride head to head as in the first edition of the movie series and O’Conner’s car finally disappearing into the cloudy mountains as if he was going to heaven was really thoughtful. That was probably the only scene in the movie where the directors put some thought.

I disagree, I think it's actually a pretty good movie. Not so car centric any more as the franchise is now moving more in an action film direction (which it needs to do to pull in a wider audience). The plot COULD have been a bit more fleshed out but it was ok for purpose, which was to deliver a couple hours of pure unadulterated fun.

As for the realism aspect, I think F & F stopped caring about that when they dragged a bloody safe through the streets of Rio back in fast 5 lol, we aren't expected to take these seriously, just enjoy them for what they are; which is silly and fun basically.

I somewhat lost interest in F&F when it started veering towards the superhero genre than a movie based around the street racing scene, which to a lot of us was its core.

I guess whether you enjoy it or not depends on what expectations you went in with. I never thought F&F was about character development or realistic story lines. It was more a gore fest of cars initially and since about 3 its become a sub superhero action movie. So if you judge it like that I guess its not so bad.

Before I went to see it I read in the reviews that you would feel that they had to make things work and patch things up due to the untimely death of Paul Walker. But apart from the last scene, which didn't quite fit properly, and was clearly made out of scenes from older movies, I think they had done a very good job.

Think they should have come up with a better reason for the absence of Brian's character from future movies, but I guess it was difficult considering it was never part of the original plot and no scenes would have been filmed for it at all. So I guess they did the best we could.

Also there are accusations of profiteering from the death of Paul, of which the studio is certainly guilty. But I think the emotion shown by Vin Diesel, Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris is genuine. It was quite well known they got on famously off set and were close friends.