• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What I Could Buy For 1.6million

Pditty

Hi,

I would like to know for 1.6million what type of a car I could buy...

i know except for Maruti and Cherry QQ there is nothing brand new I could buy for that amount.

But would sincerely appreciate if somebody could recommend a car which does well on fuel too…

I travel daily for about 30+km,

so please guys appreciate all the help.

Hi,

i know except for Maruti and Cherry QQ there is nothing brand new I could buy for that amount.

But would sincerely appreciate if somebody could recommend a car which does well on fuel too…

What are your constraints ?

Brand new recon or used ?

For that money you will be able to get a few vehicles

Suzuki Swift

Nissan FB15

Corolla AE110

Lancer CS3

Toyota Starlet

Toyota Vitz

Honda City

Nissan Pulsar FN15

Honda EK3

But all of the above are used !

What are your constraints ?

Brand new recon or used ?

For that money you will be able to get a few vehicles

Suzuki Swift

Nissan FB15

Corolla AE110

Lancer CS3

Toyota Starlet

Toyota Vitz

Honda City

Nissan Pulsar FN15

Honda EK3

But all of the above are used !

Don't forget

Mazda

Ford

All above 2000 models for 1.6 Mil

Hi

As long as I can use it for at least 3 years then no issue, not sure if anything brand-new I could buy so I guess reconditioned only,

But it must do well on petrol at least 12-13/per liter.

12-13 per liter in Colombo city driving is a bit difficult to achieve with an air conditioner in a small sedan. I know people talk about that sort of mileage on the AE110 but they are talking about averages.

So what I'm trying to say is it depends on where you are driving as well as your driving style not just the car !.

Any well maintained vehicle (with say less than 150K mileage) should not give you major trouble for some time (say about 200K mileage). But when you get cars, any cars without a warranty you should budget something for the repairs.

Perhaps a Suzuki or Maruti Alto is one of the better choices for you, if your only priority is fuel efficiency (The alto is a bit more comfortable than the 800)

Hi

As long as I can use it for at least 3 years then no issue, not sure if anything brand-new I could buy so I guess reconditioned only,

Check the Perodua Viva B New.

You should be able to pick up a registered Daihatsu Charade (New) or a Mira or an Alto.

also don't forget the Carina - 300 - 301s in the range (Nah - not GT's), lot more comfortable but then 96/97 made, no 2000's :P what can i say, i can assure you a car in good condition (overall) and MANUAL will give you 10-11 fuel economy.

Also if your very concerned about fuel - may be you can go for a Vitz - VVT-i so that it will give you even more better figure on fuel - but then not really sure if you can find a one for 1.6M - try hard..u should be able to i guess..

Hi

Out of all I belive MAZDA 323 or Familia Y.O.M. 2000/2001/2002 is the best for the value. Some time you may able to find CIVIC ek3 Y.O.M.1999 normal car also. Better to go for a well maintained japaneese one. If you are going for a brand new one MICRO trend is better than VIVA(Peruda) configaration wise. These two vehicles are small hatch back and good in fuel.

Good Luck. :)

Check the Perodua Viva B New.

You should be able to pick up a registered Daihatsu Charade (New) or a Mira or an Alto.

Thats what I was about to say too, the Viva. Only thing is, probably only the basic 660cc one will fit that budget, and no idea what effect the new budget would have on the prices.

Thats what I was about to say too, the Viva. Only thing is, probably only the basic 660cc one will fit that budget, and no idea what effect the new budget would have on the prices.

Guys, wht abt PERODUA Kelisa....? Heard well on Petrol............

Out of all I belive MAZDA 323 or Familia Y.O.M. 2000/2001/2002 is the best for the value. Some time you may able to find CIVIC ek3 Y.O.M.1999 normal car also. Better to go for a well maintained japaneese one. If you are going for a brand new one MICRO trend is better than VIVA(Peruda) configaration wise. These two vehicles are small hatch back and good in fuel.

Good Luck. :)

Agree with U Jaga but the fact is he’s looking at 12/13 KmpL which is unreasonable for a car IMHO – Best is to go for a small QQ or Maruti.

If your objective is to get 12/13kmpl and have less maintenance work (and cheap maintenance whenever it is required) we are certainly talking about a Maruti 800 or an Alto. You will be able to buy a brand new or nearly brand new one for your budget. Parts are so cheap and available everywhere. I bought an Alto recently. It is quite comfortable and the pulling power is also acceptable. It does about 12kmpl for sure in heavy traffic with AC. Since it is 5 forward, it is for sure a better choice than the Maruti 800. Don't waste your time with any sedans if your objective is to get 12/13kmpl and have less maintenance work. All the best!

Hi,

Hi Micro Trend is abt 1.5 mil. If you prefer go for it. I heard it is good on fuel too.

decent on fuel, but high maintainance costs are likey to negate any savings

Its also a bit of a Marmity car, you either love it or you hate it ! I've found it impossible to find a comfortable driving position (I'm 6 feet and wear size UK9 shoes) and the pedals a bit too small for my liking ! If economy is your priority staying away from niche products in the market is probably a good idea (Its sad Peugeot is a niche product in SL cos it was never meant to be !)

Its also a bit of a Marmity car, you either love it or you hate it ! I've found it impossible to find a comfortable driving position (I'm 6 feet and wear size UK9 shoes) and the pedals a bit too small for my liking ! If economy is your priority staying away from niche products in the market is probably a good idea (Its sad Peugeot is a niche product in SL cos it was never meant to be !)

:lol: so i wasn't the only one who had an issue with those pedal then!

(but the worst pedal position has gotta be the Jeep Grand Cherokee :( decent engine though)

If economy is your priority staying away from niche products in the market is probably a good idea (Its sad Peugeot is a niche product in SL cos it was never meant to be !)

IMO agent played a major role in making that brand a niche one in SL

its over priced by about 5 - 8 lakhs imo

just out of curiosity how much was the quoted price? as you say if it is over valued by that amount i'm sure one can negotiate that price down by the same margin. it seems to be a trend in SL for owners with niche products to quote hilarious prices. i was quoted 9.8 for a certain car and then the owner was saying he welcome any offers over 8.5 WTF????? does that mean he's willing to part with it for 8.5? simply make no sense

If your objective is to get 12/13kmpl and have less maintenance work (and cheap maintenance whenever it is required) we are certainly talking about a Maruti 800 or an Alto. You will be able to buy a brand new or nearly brand new one for your budget. Parts are so cheap and available everywhere. I bought an Alto recently. It is quite comfortable and the pulling power is also acceptable. It does about 12kmpl for sure in heavy traffic with AC. Since it is 5 forward, it is for sure a better choice than the Maruti 800. Don't waste your time with any sedans if your objective is to get 12/13kmpl and have less maintenance work. All the best!

Agreed. A brand new car like Alto will always be a good option. you can safely assume there'll be relatively less issues than a used car.

Downside is that, you'll be compromising comfort, safety & driving pleasure, compared to a higher grade sedan, in order to get the extra couple of kms in fuel.

P.S: A word of advice though: if you want to learn about cars, get a used one - No pain, no gain :)