• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Rims & Tyres To Go For

Chris0628

Hi Guys,

My car has the standard 185/70R13 on it. I want to go for either 15 or 14 Rims (which looks & handles better).

I was planning on going for either 195/60R15 (this would make the speedometer off by 4%) or 185/65R14 (this would make the speedometer off by only 1%)..... so i guess i'd go for the 185/65R14.....

My question is what the recommended rim & Tyre profile should i go for without compromising a lot on the ride comfort ?? and also what's the Tyre (Brand/Model) which has very low road noise & very good ride comfort ??

Has to be cost effective too :-)

Thanks Everyone...

I think it is ok up to a 3% variation on the Std size. Very simply the bigger the overall diameter the faster you will go, wider the tyre the more traction you will have .

One consideration will be the effect it will have on the breaking system as most ABS units will monitor the Wheel speed and this will be a key decision point for the system so need to be carefull on this. But I am no expert but what is the Car you are planning on doing this ?

I just saw a Hummer with massive crome wheels and low profile tyres ? Some guys are just crazy... Its a freaking tank and not a Sports car ...

TC..

Hi Guys,

My car has the standard 185/70R13 on it. I want to go for either 15 or 14 Rims (which looks & handles better).

I was planning on going for either 195/60R15 (this would make the speedometer off by 4%) or 185/65R14 (this would make the speedometer off by only 1%)..... so i guess i'd go for the 185/65R14.....

My question is what the recommended rim & Tyre profile should i go for without compromising a lot on the ride comfort ?? and also what's the Tyre (Brand/Model) which has very low road noise & very good ride comfort ??

Has to be cost effective too :-)

Thanks Everyone...

I think it is ok up to a 3% variation on the Std size. Very simply the bigger the overall diameter the faster you will go, wider the tyre the more traction you will have .

One consideration will be the effect it will have on the breaking system as most ABS units will monitor the Wheel speed and this will be a key decision point for the system so need to be carefull on this. But I am no expert but what is the Car you are planning on doing this ?

I just saw a Hummer with massive crome wheels and low profile tyres ? Some guys are just crazy... Its a freaking tank and not a Sports car ...

TC..

machang a hummer is nothing but a guzzler that u buy to strut ur stuff in :rolleyes: ..........of course i don't think its the best off road either

so its only natural that some think of it as a sports car :lol:

On the subject however ......Chris based on ride comfort which is what ur lookin at I'd say stick to 14's. Looks are'nt that bad either going by most I've seen......

Machang whats the car? I suggest you go for 195/65 R15 cause that'll give you very good handling performance, but do this only if your willing to sacrifice a little bit of fuel. But if you switch to this size you can put some pretty good rubber. I strongly reccomend Bridgestone Potenza's (which are about 19 thou a tyre) amazing performance tyres. And you can get rims from the bridgstone dealers in union place. I checked out a 15" rim and it was quite nice. Didnt ask the price though, cause I wasn't looking to buy them anyway. But your speedo will deff get affected and your ABS might be affected as well. (not too sure about that). But it'll give very good stability and very high cornering performance.

Go for 195/55/R15, usually that is the tyre size that comes with stock Honda EG/EK cars that came with alloy wheel option afaik and it blends with handling, ride comfort ...etc. And the usual rim size is 15x6.5 but try and see coz incompatible offset setups could bring up rubbing issues ;)

TC..

Thanks.... mine is not a Hummer :-) ... yeah & i have seen a Chrysler 300C with massive crome alloys... :-).... Mine is a 2000 Model Ek3.....

Go for 195/55/R15, usually that is the tyre size that comes with stock Honda EG/EK cars that came with alloy wheel option afaik and it blends with handling, ride comfort ...etc. And the usual rim size is 15x6.5 but try and see coz incompatible offset setups could bring up rubbing issues ;)

thanks machan... but going for 55 profile will make the ride comfort level go down... i travel on High-Level road.. so anyone who knows the road knows how bad it is in most areas.....

Potenza is too expensive ... what abt the Turanza AR10 ???

My Main concerns are Comfort, Road Noise, Performance

Thanks.... mine is not a Hummer :-) ... yeah & i have seen a Chrysler 300C with massive crome alloys... :-).... Mine is a 2000 Model Ek3.....

Yeah they're both owned by the same buy. You'll also see a blue XK8 with similar huge bling bling wheels.

thanks machan... but going for 55 profile will make the ride comfort level go down... i travel on High-Level road.. so anyone who knows the road knows how bad it is in most areas.....

Potenza is too expensive ... what abt the Turanza AR10 ???

My Main concerns are Comfort, Road Noise, Performance

LOLz am using tht tire size and worn out soon to be replaced and totaly ridiculous road conditions than CMB roads, so far I wasn't that uncomfortable with the ride comfort.

Anyway I wud also like to know about current prices, brands - models. But am on a tightly low budget cant go for Potenzas or Turanzas like you :D

LOLz am using tht tire size and worn out soon to be replaced and totaly ridiculous road conditions than CMB roads, so far I wasn't that uncomfortable with the ride comfort.

Anyway I wud also like to know about current prices, brands - models. But am on a tightly low budget cant go for Potenzas or Turanzas like you :D

The 195/60R15 Turanza AR10 was 10400 per tyre....

I used the blooming High-level road & I hate it -

If u got the cash – Potenzas are great - I’ve got 14” and running 195 “ 55” – remember better stick with 55 or higher as the roads re crap. I put Rodestone ( V grove) – decent price and must say handling is quite impressive – wet handling is also great.

Tyre wear is not bad either still using the ones I put in Dec 2006 with threads in fairly good condition- Mind u I did do several round on the MFOC Gymkhana track which basically took most of the side threads :huh:

The 195/60R15 Turanza AR10 was 10400 per tyre....

That is a nice price, still costs 40k lol. Btw where z tht ;)

If u got the cash – Potenzas are great - I’ve got 14” and running 195 “ 55” – remember better stick with 55 or higher as the roads re crap. I put Rodestone ( V grove) – decent price and must say handling is quite impressive – wet handling is also great.

Tyre wear is not bad either still using the ones I put in Dec 2006 with threads in fairly good condition- Mind u I did do several round on the MFOC Gymkhana track which basically took most of the side threads :huh:

Hey bro, were you referring to Roadstones here? Now I have em, worn out, have to be replaced. Was thinking about going cheap with em again ;)

That is a nice price, still costs 40k lol. Btw where z tht ;)

Hey bro, were you referring to Roadstones here? Now I have em, worn out, have to be replaced. Was thinking about going cheap with em again ;)

The Tyre Price was from Autodrome... i checked it on thursday...